User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: The Forum Flow

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Weird... the reason I've been 'taking a break' is precisely because I do feel like it's got boring and I have an intuition that part of the reason for that is that people are inhibited from being exciting (or even posting at all in some cases, if they're in any doubt as to whether it'll be 'approved') because of the rather heavy handed madmin-ing that's been happening recently... it's kinda changed to a distinctly introverted ambiance, not much is grabbing my interest. Just my perception, feel free to dismiss it
    I'm curious about what you mean by heavy handed madmin-ing. Splitting and moving threads? IMO people take that stuff way too personally sometimes. It's just tidying up.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

Enneagram
    1w2

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, Ivy.

Sub, you got sumthin to say?

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

He misses Ubers gentle touch.

In other news I really thought when I saw pm's name and the title of this thread I just knew I'd see something about tampons! Needless to say I am disappointed.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

Enneagram
    1w2

Eh, I usually on put that kind of stuff in my blog. I have an image to uphold.

MBTI
    Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

Well, I haven't been around for too long, but enough to see things change into a steady flow of posts that vary a lot in tone, subject and pace. And I must say that since this evolutiong, I haven't posted on INTPc anymore. It makes me feel very comfortable here.
    Vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas

MBTI
    ENTP

I already said what I had to say, and I don't take 'tidying up' personally, and since none of it's been 'at me' or threads or posts I've made, why on earth would I be talking personally? Opinions were sollicited; I gave mine in the knowledge of, and explicitly admitting, its subjectivity and likelihood of being dismissed. No need to repeat or defend it.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I already said what I had to say, and I don't take 'tidying up' personally, and since none of it's been 'at me' or threads or posts I've made, why on earth would I be talking personally? Opinions were sollicited; I gave mine in the knowledge of, and explicitly admitting, its subjectivity and likelihood of being dismissed. No need to repeat or defend it.
    You sound kind of defensive. No one's asking you to DEFEND, just to explain, for the purpose of quality-control and maintenance. I can't speak for the others, but I'd like to know what your perception is based on, if you can pin-point it. We've definitely had some controversial topics lately and there was some proactive moderating. On the other hand, there's been a lot of organizing and thread-scrubbing. If you don't want to say, you don't have to, but you shouldn't feel intimidated in case you feel that way.

Weird... the reason I've been 'taking a break' is precisely because I do feel like it's got boring and I have an intuition that part of the reason for that is that people are inhibited from being exciting (or even posting at all in some cases, if they're in any doubt as to whether it'll be 'approved') because of the rather heavy handed madmin-ing that's been happening recently... it's kinda changed to a distinctly introverted ambiance, not much is grabbing my interest. Just my perception, feel free to dismiss it
    I think there is much truth in this observation. As one example, I think things became significantly less interesting when Economica tapered off and then completely discontinued posting because of similar reasons.

MBTI
    ENTP

Edahn dude, it's so not like that.

I said it's subjective. That means I don't and wouldn't claim it's based necessarily on something like a 'point' or evidence that can be 'argued'. For that reason, I had no intention of arguing it. I feel now like I'm damned if I do, damned if I don't. It wasn't a criticism or complaint, just a personal observation, a subjective one.

I don't feel intimidated, but you have to admit that the exact wording used by Protean didn't exactly not sound like a challenge. And I'm genuinely not sure what Ivy meant by her reply, unless it was that she speculated that the reason I might say what I said were because I had taken some 'tidying up' personally, or maybe she was saying that because some other people take it personally, it might be why they're not posting...? I just don't know. It hadn't occurred to me to take anything personally or think of anyone else doing. The only way in which the word 'personal' crossed my mind was that I was giving a 'personal' perception or opinion.

And now I feel like I'm having to 'defend' the fact that I'm not defensive!!

But if you must know, then for me it feels like there's been a shift to, as I said, a more I/J friendly atmosphere... I's will prolly still like it if they're P's and E's if they're J's, but I don't reckon it's very E/P-ish around here lately. I guess I'd feel happier if there were more (or any!!) EP's on the madmin team... as far as I can see there's only one extravert out of 11 madmins. I guess I just feel like the extraverts, and especially EP's don't really have much of a 'voice'. And no, I'm not putting myself forward, I don't wanna do it any more than anyone else wants me to.

The only evidence I have to point to is that once I used to look at the front page and see loads of stuff I wanted to click on, but now I skim over it, say 'meh' and give it a miss, mostly. The most I'd say that signifies would be that it's maybe just not stuff of general EP interest. The least, or actual thing that I am saying, is that it just doesn't appeal to me. Whether that's because I'm an EP, or because I've just got other things on my mind lately, I haven't speculated. My feelings are mainly intuitional, so no, I don't have a bullet-pointed list prepared of examples and what-not to back up my point, though I'm not really making one as such anyway. That's why I haven't said anything before about it. And because I haven't said anything about it, for the reason that I'd have predicted the I/J response would be a request for evidence and such, failing which, it'd be dismissed, is why I don't have a list of evidence to quote - because being an EP, it's by talking things through that I figure out my 'points' and cases.

Incidentally, I'd speculate that a lot of EP's perceptions - many of which are bang on - never get expressed or discussed in the open precisely because we - or at least I - sometimes have the feeling that if we haven't got a cast iron case all worked out before we open our mouths, we'll be booed off and told we're talking shit. But that's a separate issue. Possibly.

Like I say, I don't expect to be taken seriously and that's not a pouting thing said with a defensive tone but a pragmatic thing said with shrugged shoulders and a slug of the beer bottle before forgetting it as I'm distracted by a cool new webcasting radio station. I'm as disinterested* I guess, in the reactions to my perception as some might be in my perception itself, precisely because I have no personal investment, emotional or otherwise. I just saw you asking for opinions on the subject, so thought ah, yeah alright then, I might as well just register that not everyone feels as appreciative of the 'nice introvert/serious person friendly relaxation vibe'. When I said feel free, I meant really just that, y'know, take it or leave it.

my hackles are well and truly down, dude. Believe it

*disinterested in the sense of having no personal/emotional investment, though intellectual curiosity I'll freely admit to. Which is why I'm clarifying. Trying to.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

Substitue... please excuse my ignorance... this is asked respectfully: What would be interesting subjects to an EP?

I think I understand and, probably, agree but would like to know for sure.

Thanks.