User Tag List

First 123

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    I haven't been to PerC enough to fully know what it's like, there's just a rumor that the admin can read your private messages.
    Silly peep "rumors". Pssst, it's no secret. Admins have better things to do.

Hey, You traded in the old tin hat. Nice.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Sowwy, I thought you were talking about another forum. So disregard my response. I haven't been to PerC enough to fully know what it's like, there's just a rumor that the admin can read your private messages.
    Kinda like the rumor floating around here, no matter how many times staff have explained what the limits of mod and admin power are?

That reminds me, the ops here are more mature, over there they seem to be teen ops. That time one of them was hammering on PerC for coming up with a personality test was too much. Now that you mention it, there is far more competition against other forums on PersN.
    PersN originated from a group who had either been dissatisfied or driven from PersC, so it's not surprising that the dynamic lingered. I've seen TypC bashing threads there too. (Then again, we have an INTPc bashing thread here, plus this one, etc.)

Well, there's a different mod style on PerS. For one, they don't allow public arguing over mod discipline; if you don't go through the private channels with staff and handle it that way, you will be disciplined. They are also much quicker to clamp down on any kind of speech that could be considered bigoted, racist, sexist, typist, etc. It's just a different style.

I'm also not sure where you're getting the "teen ops" thing, since most of the staff I can think of are in their late 20's and even mid-30's, but I don't know everyone there. One of their semi-recent additions to staff is a really good guy in his 30's who I would easily bring on for staff here if he were a member and available; hooray for ISTJs.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I've seen TypC bashing threads there too.
    What?! They dis the Precious? The Precious!!!
    Save Thundercats 2011 petition. Because we do what we can. HO!!!:
    http://www.change.org/petitions/warn...another-season

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

i like perC well enough but i have to admit that i was turned off to it after one member and i got in a pretty intense debate. she said some not so nice things... haven't been back since then, really...