User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Eilonwy View Post
    I went to Haagen Dazs in a local mall while I was waiting to have my glasses fixed at the Lenscrafters. Needless to say, I wouldn't have bought the itty bitty, one-scoop cup of ice cream for $5 if I had been able to SEE the prices. **kicks self for forgetting to bring extra pair of glasses** I could have bought a whole pint of Haagen Dazs in the grocery store for less.
    OMG, how much are our stories coalescing here? I just got contact lenses from the Lenscrafters.

& I'm still waiting to be able to put them in. so i went to Haagen dazs to distract myself.

I had my glasses on but I still didn't see the prices. i think maybe they don't post them, wanna help me sue them for big $$$???
    RCUAI
    ---------
    "Man is free, but his freedom ceases when he has no faith in it."

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by FunnyDigestion View Post
    OMG, how much are our stories coalescing here? I just got contact lenses from the Lenscrafters.

& I'm still waiting to be able to put them in. so i went to Haagen dazs to distract myself.

I had my glasses on but I still didn't see the prices. i think maybe they don't post them, wanna help me sue them for big $$$???
    I don't think I would have a case on my end. I went back after I got my glasses and the prices were posted.
    Johari / Nohari

“That we are capable only of being what we are remains our unforgivable sin.” ― Gene Wolfe

reminder to self: "That YOU that you are so proud of is a story woven together by your interpreter module to account for as much of your behavior as it can incorporate, and it denies or rationalizes the rest." "Who's in Charge? Free Will and the Science of the Brain" by Michael S. Gazzaniga

MBTI
    yupp

everyone knows haagen daas is fucking expensive ice cream especially if you get it from the mall
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I just plain don't pay outrageous prices for things, and don't buy anything if I'm not sure of the price. If there is a significant discrepancy at the checkout, I leave the item behind. For the same amount of money, I know how much more I can get of something else, or just elsewhere. Shops charge such high prices for these things because people will pay it.
    Yeah, it's just crazy for me to believe that people pay those prices. I know some of it's because I'm a rural chick used to country prices, so when I go to a big city I'm always shocked at what people will pay. (I remember being surprised people would spend $3.50 or more for a small cupcake in NYC.) When I go grocery shopping at the local chain, I never buy anything like ice cream, etc., unless it's a yellow-tag markdown. I even only buy the soda (either Coke or Pepsi brand) that is on sale, since it's typically just one or the other. I stopped buying Starbucks drinks years back because it seemed crazy to buy a drink that cost as much or more than a value meal at McDonald's.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    everyone knows haagen daas is fucking expensive ice cream especially if you get it from the mall
    Well I'm sorry purple chickens, if that is indeed your real name but I in fact did not know that. I thought that Haagen Dazs would be reasonably priced just as all other ice creams are reasonably priced. I am sorry I had to learn the hard way but I'm not sorry!!!!

EDIT: PS I'm sorry
    RCUAI
    ---------
    "Man is free, but his freedom ceases when he has no faith in it."

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    I was at a pool hall with Sis, making an ENFJ friend laugh at my bad playing, and he remarked that his beer was $6. Four beers and a jello shot into it, it was finally amusing to him. *laughs* Good thing he has a steady job.
    4.5-5.5€ is pretty regular price for a regular beer in a bar here(+-2€ in some places you dont want to go). Is this 6$ for a beer much there or whats the point?
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by FunnyDigestion View Post
    Tha fucking fuck?????[

That's what I used to make in an hour & ten minutes at my second-to-last job.

It was a Haagen Dazs-- Belgian chocolate. I got it at a kiosk in a mini-mall.

It was delicious, but this is horseshit.

Always ask the price of your milkshake, ppl

When's the last time you accidentally ripped yourself off with your ign'ance?
    Wtf. Why?

I mean didnt you realize that it was much for a milkshake or what?
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

figsfiggyfigs

Isn't that just a few pennies above average? Doesn't make it cheap or anthing, but that is pretty much average if purchased from a place specialized in ice-cream and shakes.

stop buying food at mini-malls.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    4.5-5.5€ is pretty regular price for a regular beer in a bar here(+-2€ in some places you dont want to go). Is this 6$ for a beer much there or whats the point?
    It was a squat little bottle of Heineken. *head shake* Compared to how much a six-pack costs at the grocery store, that's highway robbery.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious