12 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Default My words come out backwards

This is an Elfboy style "me" thread. It's also a rant thread, but others are very welcome to make it about themselves.

I feel like when I speak and write my words come out in a funny order. It's like, all of my thoughts come up in pictures and I'm not really worried about the words. And to have to describe my thoughts in words is difficult to do as fast as my thoughts move. The picture moves on quickly but the words still haven't come out yet. I spend more time editing these posts to make sense of them than I do on the content itself. The same is true at work. I write really fast and sloppy and have to cross things out because I seriously just plop random nonsensical words into my notes without being conscious of it. It's like a verbal/ written dyslexia. (When I speak it can be a disaster too, I have to make conscious effort to think about what words I will put together to form the articulate sentence.) It frustrates me at times!!!! / Rant
    A right brained thing?

Okay, so now I guess I have to make a point, since it's a new thread.

So i'll just ask if anyone else has this problem. And make a bunch of predictions and reasons for the behavior. And say something about type. And ask for some meaningful contributions.

(Mods can move this to fluff if you wish- I always forget it is there and can't tell the difference between the fluff zone and the bonfire honestly)
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I frequently don't recognize things I, myself, have written because my writing style changes constantly.. I think in a similar matter, so the words don't quite have their own style. If I didn't have my name next to these posts, I probably couldn't tell you which ones were mine or not.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I think Ne function is the messiest when untamed. I don't relate much because Ti works for me as a coherence filter, so when it is time to put my thoughts into words I nitpick a lot.

I once heard someone saying:
    ''Ni is like A,B,C,D....Z'' while
    ''Ne is like A,D,G,X,Z''

Faster and more dynamic, but lacks order.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

NPcomplete

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    I feel like when I speak and write my words come out in a funny order. It's like, all of my thoughts come up in pictures and I'm not really worried about the words. And to have to describe my thoughts in words is difficult to do as fast as my thoughts move. The picture moves on quickly but the words still haven't come out yet. I spend more time editing these posts to make sense of them than I do on the content itself. The same is true at work. I write really fast and sloppy and have to cross things out because I seriously just plop random nonsensical words into my notes without being conscious of it. It's like a verbal/ written dyslexia. (When I speak it can be a disaster too, I have to make conscious effort to think about what words I will put together to form the articulate sentence.) It frustrates me at times!!!!
    I normally filter everything I say for consistency but if I let [what I think is] intuition take over, things I say or write come out in a funny order and the purple-coloured words become true for me. I also make up words if I can't find the correct ones. I can especially relate to the part about thoughts moving too fast. I'm sure there are some really nice ones that I've thought of but was never able to really capture. However, I'm getting better at remembering now although I'm not sure how.

Edit: Oh, I'm left-handed too and always test as right-brained.
    Last edited by NPcomplete; 12-21-2011 at 07:34 PM. Reason: didn't want to waste an entire post with one sentence...

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

I have experienced a similar trend in my own writing.
    I think being left-handed has something to do with it. I don’t think in a linear manner most times. Things come to me in clusters, and ideas can come out all at once as a result. It can be hard to organize a big jumble of information so that others can understand it.
    Yeah, it can make expression via writing difficult, but I think overall it’s positive. I see details that others miss, or make connections that aren’t obvious.

Some lefties don't localize language to the left hemisphere. It can be on the right, or distributed between the sides. That's makes your thoughts less linear by nature...

Also, I don't think this has anything to do with so-called type. It has to do with neurology, and as such, may effect your subjective choice of type.

Shorts, as an experiment, you should try not editing your thoughts when you write. You may find that there is a lot more coherance to it than you think...

MBTI
    INTP

Been called Yoda many times, I also say things oddly ordered. I have more discipline when I write, when I care that is. I have issues with linear conversation and idea construction.
    I am right-handed, though I am not entirely sure what that has to do with it. However, I am interested in what @nebbykoo and my dear @thealchemist may have to say to expand on that thought. Are we really right or left brained?
    Thanks, @shortnsweet for the thread, interesting.
    "It's never enough." The Cure

When we control what we write, we are split.

However if we are free, we can listen to our words.

That's all they want. They don't want to be controlled. The want to be listened to.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

I totally identify.

I also have a rapid mind that I have trouble keeping up with and I have to spend ages editing my posts too because of my crazy, jumbled writing style. In the last year or so I've started to wonder if I might have dysgraphia; it sure would explain some things. Maybe it's the same for you.

Does the muddling get worse when you write by hand and do you have crappy, irregular handwriting? How is your spelling? Do you ever get your suffixes confused? For example, incorrectly writing "easier" rather than "easily", even though you plainly meant to use the latter.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by NotOfTwo View Post
    Been called Yoda many times, I also say things oddly ordered. I have more discipline when I write, when I care that is. I have issues with linear conversation and idea construction.
    I am right-handed, though I am not entirely sure what that has to do with it. However, I am interested in what @nebbykoo and my dear @thealchemist may have to say to expand on that thought. Are we really right or left brained?
    Thanks, @shortnsweet for the thread, interesting.
    Well, I don't think there is an exact correlation with the left handedness, but nebbykoo and I have both thought of things like that in passing. Because the right side of your brain controls your left hand, but right brainedness is not language oriented, it seems like you have to take a little step to either translate it to words or cross it over to the left side of your brain or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    I totally identify.

I also have a rapid mind that I have trouble keeping up with and I have to spend ages editing my posts too because of my crazy, jumbled writing style. In the last year or so I've started to wonder if I might have dysgraphia; it sure would explain some things. Maybe it's the same for you.

Does the muddling get worse when you write by hand and do you have crappy, irregular handwriting? How is your spelling? Do you ever get your suffixes confused? For example, incorrectly writing "easier" rather than "easily", even though you plainly meant to use the latter.
    Yes, to all of the above!! My handwriting is a really funny thing at work. Some of my more organized coworkers get really annoyed and tell me to write neater. It's not just messy though, it's just wild and erratic. And the cross offs from writing the wrong words make it worse. (Yes, easily and easier could get confused.) Thank you for the link, I'll check it out. (Am reading now, I did forget to mention that the muscles in my hands actually have trouble doing that fine motor stuff with writing so my handwriting is really big.) Oh and my spelling is normally fine but it's getting worse as I get older surprisingly. It's like I can know the spelling but can spit it out wrong on paper and have to change it.

For the record, guys, I have a writing document that is like a thought dump which allows me to talk freely and incoherently and let my mind relax. (I do edit for coherence afterwards, maybe the next day, though.)
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Odriew