User Tag List

First 12

garbage

Whenever I'm in that mode, I jot down whatever comes to mind and then try to sort it out and organize it later. Doing otherwise is just so constraining, since language and writin' in general is an imperfect process.

Having thoughts, putting them down on paper, linearizing and structuring them, and making them comprehensible all in one go is a lot to ask out of anyone.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Yes, to all of the above!! My handwriting is a really funny thing at work. Some of my more organized coworkers get really annoyed and tell me to write neater. It's not just messy though, it's just wild and erratic. And the cross offs from writing the wrong words make it worse. (Yes, easily and easier could get confused.) Thank you for the link, I'll check it out. (Am reading now, I did forget to mention that the muscles in my hands actually have trouble doing that fine motor stuff with writing so my handwriting is really big.) Oh and my spelling is normally fine but it's getting worse as I get older surprisingly. It's like I can know the spelling but can spit it out wrong on paper and have to change it.
    Sounds like you have dysgraphia - the sore hand and crappy handwriting are the big give aways. I think it's possible to have both motor and dyslexic dysgraphia, and this might be what you have.

I know what you mean about spelling. My spelling isn't too bad but I think that's because I really work at it. I've never been a naturally good speller. I've worked out the main reason I have trouble is because the correct spelling doesn't come to mind immediately and often I can't be bothered waiting around for it to hit me; so I tend to just write it wrong and try to make it look right afterwards. Also I have trouble generally working out how to spell things in my head, which means I have to sometimes use trial and error to figure it out. Like you, I actually do know how to spell, but just have difficulty in recalling it.

Do you have basic words you never know how to spell without trial and error? I can never remember whether it's "ie" or "ei" in "field" or "piece" for instance. And often when I write "circle" (particularly by hand) I get the word seriously muddled; halfway through get confused about which letter comes next and then realise the nonsense I've written. It often ends up looking like this: "cilrce" or "crilce". I also will swap around "of" and "or" just randomly, both when typing or writing by hand. It's very weird
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    Sounds like you have dysgraphia - the sore hand and crappy handwriting are the big give aways. I think it's possible to have both motor and dyslexic dysgraphia, and this might be what you have.

I know what you mean about spelling. My spelling isn't too bad but I think that's because I really work at it. I've never been a naturally good speller. I've worked out the main reason I have trouble is because the correct spelling doesn't come to mind immediately and often I can't be bothered waiting around for it to hit me; so I tend to just write it wrong and try to make it look right afterwards. Also I have trouble generally working out how to spell things in my head, which means I have to sometimes use trial and error to figure it out. Like you, I actually do know how to spell it but have trouble recalling it straight away.

Do you have basic words you never know how to spell and have to write it down to work it out? I can never remember whether it's "ie" or "ei" in "field" or "piece" for instance. And often when I write "circle" (particularly by hand) I get the word seriously muddled; halfway through get confused about which letter comes next and then realise the nonsense I've written. It often ends up looking like this: "cilcre" or "crilce". I also will swap around "of" and "or" just randomly both when typing or writing by hand. It's very weird
    Yeah actually it would bef un interesting to write in this thread as irt comes out originally. Withoutg all the backspaces. haha

and yeah, I have habvitual misspellings - thak god for word spell check. I think theres just a step of translation in the middle that makes the wor witing proces s a little more challenging. (and p speaking.) (I would hav enormally inserted the speaking part in the middle of the other sentence.) (Ugh!!! I this is just more maddening than I originany was thinking! Not deleting is a disaster!!!!!!!) I even edited a little h out of habit- deleted out of habit without thinking obout it other wise iw t would have been worse. okay i'll stop.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Yeah actually it would bef un interesting to write in this thread as irt comes out originally. Withoutg all the backspaces. haha

and yeah, I have habvitual misspellings - thak god for word spell check. I think theres just a step of translation in the middle that makes the wor witing proces s a little more challenging. (and p speaking.) (I would hav enormally inserted the speaking part in the middle of the other sentence.) (Ugh!!! I this is just more maddening than I originany was thinking! Not deleting is a disaster!!!!!!!) I even edited a little h out of habit- deleted out of habit without thinking obout it other wise iw t would have been worse. okay i'll stop.
    LOL. I was just thinking the same . I tryin tried tyo do a typing test once and made myself t stop[ myself from doing backspeces but it was impossible. I do it ac atuomatically and struggle to it seems I do it automatically and struggle to control myslef. also if i write this way l I hav the a it seems like i have the intelligence of a ten year old, as my vocabularyl just disappears and I look luk like and idiot. I remmeber being at universtity and having to do really well on my internal assignments because I new j how badly I would do i on the exam. The harderst h part was not beign able to go back and add things in and r enrichen what I wronte. It was have to writ ein and think in such a linera fashion. I k now realise all of this makes new next to no sensebut I'm glad that uyo understand and feel thes same way! We can share the misrey!
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Whew! Some of that is a little scary. I can't believe I wrote "have" instead of "hard"
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

- Emily Bronte

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

I'm a terrible speller too. Sometimes I use WORD to spell check things before I cut n paste them into a webpage. But I stopped feeling bad about that when I herd that Albert Einstein was a terrible speller too, despite German being his native language (German is phonetic, so there are no silent letters or tricky spelling). so clearly it wasn't his intelligence that held him back in that regard...

Of course if you try to control your words, they back away from you.

Surely you can see if I were to try to control you, you would back away from me. Well, words are no different.

Words just want to be loved. They want to be listened to. They want to join the conversation. They don't want to be forced into an unnatural mold. Words just wanna be free, just like you and me.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I thought of this thread when after I got off the phone from leaving a message for my boss. In mid sentence of a technical explanation my mind started wandering off, yet my mouth kept saying things. I'm still not sure of the stuff my mouth was saying made any sense.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I actually thought of this thread today a gazillion times at work (just because that stuff keeps happening.) I started stuttering at my boss. I go. Did you uh- ? get the.. yesterday. ? .... (silence) b-th- the uh... the one that I ... (she was looking at me contently) and then I just thought of this thread and yelled GAH! SPIT IT OUT!!!!" and everyone in the office started laughing. I never actually told her what I was asking for, I just said a few semi-related things and she understood.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

All Natural! All Good!

This happens to me. I also get the mind wandering off mid-sentence so you say something else. I used to freak the hell out of my roommate when we first met, haha, but she knows to expect it now. I also tend to stop mid-sentence and think about or do the other thing I thought of. Then I realize the other person is waiting for me to finish the sentence. I had to give a presentation a few weeks ago and this was a big problem, I thought of like 10 other things while I was talking so I don't know if what my mouth said made sense at all.

This is probably something else but I also tend to switch words with analogous words... like I say "This pie is funny" when I mean to say "This pie is sweet".
    Strychnine is all-natural,
    So strychnine is all good.
    It's Godly and righteous,
    So eat it, you should.
    Who are you to refuse nature's will?

Don't use the multiquote; it was planted by the devil to deceive us.

Social Role: Asscrack/Piece of Shit/Public Defecator/Spiteful Urinator

A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.