User Tag List

View Poll Results: How confident you are that you got your mbti type right?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 90-100%

56 62.22%
  • Around 75%

14 15.56%
  • Around 50%

7 7.78%
  • Less than 50%

4 4.44%
  • My only doubt is the I/E part.

7 7.78%
  • No idea, bro.

9 10.00%
  • How does this % thing work?

7 7.78%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 89101112 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

100% certain

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

When I first took a test, without knowing anything about mbti, I scored INTJ. I read the descriptions and can only describe it as a revelation. After reading more on the subject, I can't be certain that I am an INTJ but I am at least 90% sure.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    100% certain
    In german they say: "When you are 100% certain then start the proof all over from the beginning. Cause then something must be wrong."
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

For someone who's switched a lot between different IXXPs, fairly confident. I identify with many things "IXXP" though. I think a lot of my early stages in life were more Se and Ti, so I'll just go with that.

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    That is interesting that you say that because you appear to mostly be in bouncy Ne-mode and occasional shift into Fi-mode. I do not see the opposite happening. Perhaps you are only present on the forum when you are feeling jovial and extraverted, which is why you seem like an ENFP?

I can certainly be outgoing and appear as an ENFJ, but I cannot and do not maintain the same level of energy and presence you do on the forum. I tire of it quickly.
    Being extroverted on the internet seems like an oxymoron to me. Having the ability to control how much interaction I have with others is delightful online. I have invisible mode so no one know when I log in or off or if I have received their messages... I have the luxury of time to sit back and reply as I desire to. As a bonus I am using writing (which is my preferred method of communication) to talk to people on here as well. I am only this bouncy in real life when I am around close friends and occasionally with family.

Fi is my default mode that I retreat into as I need to. I don't show it much here because it's too private, and too mine. I like keeping thoughts and feeling tucked away inside as little treasures that I can enjoy. Once I externalize many of them it's like bringing deep sea fish up to the surface.

So you guys see a side of me, but you don't see the whole picture. *

I like to think of Ne as a shrubbery maze of delights. It's a useful tool to entertain others while keeping them away from my secret Fi castle.

Te Walls ------------------ Ne Shrubbery Maze ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Fi Castle

With Self-Pres as a security system much like the black smoke monster from Lost, and Sexual Instinct running around giving out punch and homemade scones.

*With the exceptions being the half dozen people on here with whom I have had some really nice deep interactions with and have gotten to know personally. I am like an empathic ninja that way. If I care about you, I REALLY care about you.

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    i remember reading somewhere how our secondary function is often how we relate to and communicate with others... i think for me, this is definitely true... Fi seems like my most natural pathway to connecting with people. of course it is Ne-doused Fi, but regardless, i think it plays a leading role in my communications... whereas i would say we very clearly see @Saturned's Ne on the forum, while her Fi almost seems more in the background...

it's also what @Qlip said. we "swim" in our dominant function. until i learned about the functions, i thought Ne was how everyone thought. i thought that was how brains worked. it's been fascinating to learn that, no, there are many different ways that brains work, and many people operate with vastly different priorities and cognitive frameworks than the way i see the world...
    Haha I know! Except for me the big revelation was that not everyone KNEW EXACTLY HOW THEY FELT ALL THE TIME on ANYTHING they needed to! This one still blows my mind... like I can intellectually "get it" but I don't "get it get it" kind of a thing.

And if the order in which we develop our cognitive functions has any merit (and I think it does), then I am once again definitely INFP. I was very quiet as a child and had no friends from first grade to 6th grade. My teachers would complain that I was TOO quiet so I would try being more outgoing.... and then I was told I was TOO much of a chatterbox. So I decided being quiet was the better way to go. It wasn't until I was a teenager that I learned I could be strange but hilarious at the same time, and suddenly I had dozens of friends and knew everyone in my school. Then I got more Ne because Ne wins friends. Fi does not.

I also am probably more Ne because my mom was an ENFP and my dad is an iNTP. Ne was the only language we understand with each other .

P.S. AMGZ did you know you can reply to MORE THAN ONE POST AT A TIME?! It's a Christmas miracle!!

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    IDK sx/sp
    Socionics
    IDK

I am 99.99% sure...I compared the traits (E vs I, T vs F, N vs S, and P vs J). And almost everything about INTP is something which I relate to.
    “There is a beast in man that should be exercised, not exorcised” – Anton Lavey

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Haha I know! Except for me the big revelation was that not everyone KNEW EXACTLY HOW THEY FELT ALL THE TIME on ANYTHING they needed to! This one still blows my mind... like I can intellectually "get it" but I don't "get it get it" kind of a thing.
    For me, it's not unlike playing chess with my superego to see which feelings are "viable" and which ones are just whims, passing thoughts or childish ranting.

The fact that I hate eating crow also might have something to do with it...
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

Senior Member TenebrousReflection's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

I'm fairly confident on INxx

I still have a fair amount of doubt over J/P - on tests I tend to score 50/50 fairly often, and there are a lot of parts of INFP and INFJ that both fit me very well, but I think I have stronger Fi and Si than an INFJ would normally have as well as weaker Fe, so I make the decision on that basis.

I also have ocasional doubts on F/T, but I've come to realize that those moments of doubt are all when I'm under stress and thus more prone to resorting to tertiary or inferior thinking (under stress, I'm far more likely to try to approach problems logically and I often want to create a plan to follow to deal with it).
    (keys2cognition) Fi (47.6), Ne (36.8), Fe (36.8), Si (31.6), Ti (29.7), Ni (27.4), Te (17.2) Se (12.5) - subject to change - last updated 11JAN2012
    * Making consicious effort to improve my Fe...
    My Johari window
    My Nohari window

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    In german they say: "When you are 100% certain then start the proof all over from the beginning. Cause then something must be wrong."
    Well there are very few things in life that I am 100% certain of. My MBTI type is one of them however.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I checked 90-100%. I've done my research & self-search. INFP is my best fit. There is always a possibility I am wrong, but I think it's very small.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe