User Tag List

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Default Humor and the people you are close to.

I feel like the types of humor I share with my family and really really old friends that I grew up with is really unique and kind of strange. But then the only people who would "get it" are people who helped me develop that type of "funny." Most of the jokes we share are really hard to describe, though.

What kinds of humor do you share with your family/spouse/ etc.?
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

I make obnoxious comments on everything and my wife just laughs.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I feel fortunate to have family members who share my sense of humor. I share almost everything I find funny with them and most of the time they find it funny too. In particular I pass along funny pictures and articles from the Internet and personal anecdotes.

Compatible sense of humor is one of the key things I look for in a long-term relationship.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

The humor dynamic in my family is so deadpan that it's probably confusing and/or entertaining to people watching from the sidelines, but in truth ours is a well-oiled Humor Machine, ready with the perfect reaction to any given situation.

One common reaction in the Humor Machine is a very brief moment of snark. For example, if one of the three of us complains about something that the other two don't consider to be very important, then the other two will mock them by pouting and going "Poor thing! Life is so hard!!" And then the third one will also mock-pout, and all three will pout and look sad for a moment, and then we'll all go about our business again.

Another Humor Machine example relates to how my mom and I interact. We can both be really bossy people, and if one of us realizes that we're being bossy, and the other is vaguely resistant, then we'll kick it up a notch and act way bossier and more opinionated than we actually are -- and then the other will act all offended, and we'll pretend-fight for a few seconds.

Example:
    Me: I should study more... but I'm tired.
    Mom: You shouldn't study when you're tired -- get some sleep and get up earlier in the morning and study then!
    Me: I dunno...
    Mom: EJCC... GO TO BED!
    Me: OKAY, FINE!
    Mom: ALL RIGHT
    Me: JEEZ
    And then we both grin like this and completely change the subject.

EDIT: I doubt that any of these moments are particularly special, but outside of my family I am not a very snarky person at all, so I only mention this because it's so different from my non-familial humor.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

With my mom, we have a couple gag jokes.. one is where I talk in baby-talk to her as if I'm mocking the way she whines.. she doesn't baby talk when she whines, but she pouts a bit.. There's another skit where I get really bitchy-valley-girl when I say some things that cracks her up. I also pretend like I'm oblivious to certain things on purpose, because I know it amuses my mom.. she knows I know, but I'll pretend anyways. Example: "I want to go to moody gardens for christmas and see the lights." "We're going to the neighbor's street. It's the same shit. Its all lights." I act like I have NO IDEA why she'd want to go to moody gardens, but I really do. so she'll get all huffy and play argue with me.
    Sometimes I'll act like the mom and she'll act like a kid for the sake of doing so.. I'll tell her "Go in the living room!" When she's trying to cook, and take over cooking.. and shes all "I was just trying to help >:c! "

My nephews currently find me making chomping noises hilarious. But they're still in the "everything is funny and I can't talk yet" stage.

I do this joke where I tell my sister she's speaking in 'duck' and so I can't understand what she's saying when she complains.. My whole family has caught onto this joke.. I just start making duck-quacks whenever she starts to sound slightly whiny/complain-y..
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Aw, perfect. I got an email with a perfect example. I am an only child who grew up close to a family of nine. (They say that it was God's way of giving me siblings, that there is really "10" of us- I am an only child with nine siblings.) Anyway. Everyone, right down to the 10 year old gets what is funny. It's usually situational, and we make up a lot of our own words to describe things. For privacy, I will call them the "Smiths." So we come up with what we call "Smithisms" that only "Smiths" understand. (The "Smiths" being the 9 siblings, me, and one of their cousins.)

Anyway, the oldest, (a little older than me) sent me an email about an instant message conversation between her and her 10 year old sister.

We made up the word "Holly Jolly" which means basically happy, nostalgic, cozy, warm, etc. (Use it when we're all sitting around a campfire or when a really nice song makes us feel warm and fuzzy inside or during a summer nap with a beach breeze flowing in- and yes. lots of SP influence in the family of course.)
    Liz is their choleric snobby aunt.
    And "geek" can mean anything from terrible to awesome but only we know what contexts to use it in.
    And hajaka basically means dirty or messy or unkempt or out of control (see also: hakajacka)
    And of course we use the word wicked because of the region that we live in.

(Yeah, we were contemplating writing a dictionary of terms for future amusement.)

(Regarding the post office closing and mom mailing something)

28 yr old: Yeah it's crazy, they should be open longer at Christmas time.

10 yr. old:
    i know
    yeah and geek mom wrapped it in a wicked geek bag thing that was the opposite of Holly Jolly and one of Aunt lizes friends was their and recognised us
    28 yr old: hahaha
    10 yr old:
    and she was being a wicked aunt Liz and just staring at it
    and mom didn't even take a shower or anything and her hair was all hajaka
    28 yr old:
    hahaha
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.