User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

I pray before I sleep, as a sign of respect to God.

I obsess about problems I haven't solved during the day, so I choose to dwell on things that have nothing to do with situations that are concerning/scaring/angering me, or I won't sleep. I think about things that comfort me, like kisses and affection and contact. Something that is centered on me ( which is not the case in my waking life), one on one attention.
    Last edited by LadyJaye; 12-18-2011 at 07:50 PM.
    7w6 so/sx

" The bird of paradise alights only on the hand that does not grasp." - John Berry

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

I don't know, booze and/or benedryl really do their job quickly.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    2wX so/sx

1. I set up my music/ipod with a sleep timer. I can't sleep with the noises in my house and having the music makes a later process easier...
    2. I say prayers (sometimes longer than others). I usually say a form of the same thing I've said since I was little, then add in current troubles that I need comforting from and ask for patience. Patience is what I'm the worst at. The prayer helps me to consider things resolved for the night (most of the time).
    3. I lay down to sleep with my headphones on, make a connection to a song, and begin a dream. I also think of this like a game, but usually drift off within a few minutes of making up a scene or two....

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Title says it all. Also, how does it relate to your type, if at all?
    I'm surprised at how many people think about how the day has been, before going to bed. Do you train yourself to do that, or does it come naturally?

I always think about what's going to happen tomorrow, not what already happened today -- which pretty much reflects what I think about on a daily basis. I'm always asking myself "What am I going to do next?" So it makes sense that the what's-next thought process would continue even right before I go to bed. I dunno if it's type-related, though, since I relate 100% to kyuuei's post:
    Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Think about all the crap I have to do tomorrow.
    Random thoughts.
    About what I should do..
    About what I want to do..
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

If I'm still winding down from the day or have something really pressing on my mind. I just keep laying down and getting back up again and texting and reading and pacing around the house and drinking excessive water and peeing. On a normal night I listen to different sounds of nature and pretend that I've entered my past in difficult situations or meet with people who have done me wrong and show them, (in whatever way) that I'm better. Sometimes I think about all the places I could live and all the beds/ tents/ hammocks/ fancy city apartments/ country houses/ beaches/ planets (etc.) I could be sleeping at. (Even the lifestyle I would have in those places- like, "oh had a day running around on the little low gravity planet growing food and talking to strange creatures, now I'm falling asleep in this cave with a wild colorful storm outside - (or I'm like really rich and successful with a successful husband and I'm a little nervous and excited about this big presentation I have tomorrow) Even sleep in different parts of the house sometimes just for change of scenery. It's even better when there is REAL weather outside like a hurricane, I'll open the windows and let it be really loud in the house so I can pretend that I'm stuck somewhere really awesome with a big storm outside. Sometimes these thoughts put me to sleep with pleasant dreams and other times they jolt me awake again.

@kyuuei was talking about living in a dome in a remote area and that made for a lovely thought falling asleep that night.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

It's even better when there is REAL weather outside like a hurricane, I'll open the windows and let it be really loud in the house so I can pretend that I'm stuck somewhere really awesome with a big storm outside. Sometimes these thoughts put me to sleep with pleasant dreams and other times they jolt me awake again.

kyuuei was talking about living in a dome in a remote area and that made for a lovely thought falling asleep that night.
    I slept straight through Hurricane Ike.. Nothing soothed me more than having such a vicious storm. My dad was like "How could you sleep through the whole thing?!" Once it started roaring I was out like a candle in the wind.

*-* I don't know if I'll be able to sleep my first night in it.. I think I'll just jump up and down for 12 hours straight going "OMG OMG OMG!!" .. I've been trying out this sleepy-time app I got on my kindle, that plays noise while you sleep.. I've been enjoying the rain in a rent and rain while driving ones.. distant thunder also is good.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Problems I want to solve in my waking life so then my subconscious can help deliver some sort of solution when I get to sleep. Fantasizing about romance, daydreaming about my own inner world created through music, coming up with ways to achieve my dreams. Contemplating just who I am and my place in the world. If it's a bad day, then I end up mulling over my problems in my mind and come up with ways to get past them... or sometimes they just bother me and I can't get down to sleep.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Last night i was thinking about some hypothesis how trace amine system might work in more depth that is known atm. But my thoughts tend to jump around like house of pain http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwQbPgouUYo
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post
    I think about the same kinds of things I think about at any other time. Reviewing the day's events is among those things, though I do that during the day as well. I also think about typology, or tv shows, or other random things.
    I relate to quite a lot of this - my mind is kind of... drifty. But, like EJCC, I tend to focus on preparing myself mentally for the following day (at least when I have to do something complicated or that causes me anxiety) and making plans.
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

What do you think about before you go to sleep at night? Also, how does it relate to your type, if at all?
    Pretty much verbatim: "God, I'm so tired, and I really do NOT want to get up and go to work tomorrow."

I dunno. It all seems more human than type-oriented. Some things (like annoyance with having to work) seem to dwarf type.

In happier times, though, when I was young and did not have other concerns to worry about or have to "manage my life," i think I used to lay in bed and either fantasize about things (i.e., make up stories in my head), or I'd lay there and thinking through logical philosophy systems of thought. So that was kinda type related.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft