User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Default Important Lessons your mother taught you.

Because mothers know best! As you get older, you find that mother was right all along. What things was she right about?
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

"Beauty is pain" - My mom means the processes we go through to look attractive or make things pleasing to the eye can take considerable effort & be inconvenient or even somewhat painful. Comfort is overrated, basically. Maybe this sounds crazy to some, but it makes sense to me. As a result, I'd rather be a bit uncomfortable & "buttoned up" than to look sloppy. It represents a level of care & thought, and that level should be appropriate to the situation. There's a correlation between beauty & how much one cares about something.

In a larger way, I took this to mean that making things aesthetically pleasing is a process, one which can have obstacles. Nothing just happens on its own; few things are beautiful by accident. I see the work, creativity & thought behind beautiful things, and so I can also appreciate them on a level that goes beyond their appearance.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

My mother taught me to be empathetic to people. Something I don't completely grasp quite yet.. but I realize as I've been out in the world I have a higher sensation of this as a result of her teachings.

My mother is the one that taught me to be independent and self-sufficient. She also taught me that women do just as much work, and just as hard of work, as men, through her lifestyle in the struggle to support us.

She also taught me patience and hard work, and how everyone has to do their part to make something matter. She taught me tradition and the importance of it.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Permabanned

Me-"When I do this, it hurts"
    Mom-"Well, don't do that..."

Seriously good advice....

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

- try to put yourself in the other person's shoes- aka be more empathetic!

- try not to make a total mess of the kitchen while cooking... it's also easier to keep clean if you clean as you go

- whether you feel like it or not, smile... it makes a big difference when interacting with others

- grocery shopping is cheaper if you make a list first

- there is no worse shame than being a disappointment (not taught intentionally in the least, but by punishment method! also why I went for a few years without talking to my family...)
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Don't be too soft with women.

And tbh, I could be kind of a sucker when I was younger. She wouldn't have told me if I wasn't.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

*Tomato soup is really comforting. In fact, food is one of the best things about being alive.
    *Have a good relationship with the universe, and good things will come.
    *Work hard and you will succeed.
    *Never stop being yourself, fight for what you want.
    * Always stay in touch with your family, you shouldn't tackle life by yourself.
    *Exercise, eat good foods, make friends, and be an active member of life every day, and you will be happier.
    *Keep your house clean.

(Probably much more, those are the first things that come off the top of my head.)
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

I dont remember
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

My mother is a dip. The only lesson she taught me that has stayed, is not to be like her!

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

My Mother is indeed the pearl and guiding light of my upbringing.
    Without her influence I would likely have turned out to be an uncultured barbarian.
    Every day of my life I am thankful for many, many lessons she taught me.
    The first few that come to mind are:

(1) When dealing with people, speak to them as A PERSON, not THE POSITION they are working in.
    (2) Never let anyone who is trying to annoy or harass you get a rise out of you. That's the worse outcome for them, to be a failure.
    (3) When someone is a thorn in your side, kill them with kindness.
    (4) Eat healthy, live healthy, be clean, be fit, and dress well, and you will be treated with respect wherever you go.
    (5) Open doors for ladies, period.
    (6) If you are interested in a girl, give her some flowers and say "Hello" to her.
    (7) Don't risk anything you can't afford to lose.
    (8) It's not just the length of your life that matters, quality of life is just as important.
    (9) Be a good guest in the homes of others if you ever wish to be invited back.
    (10) Don't ever call me a Saint, Saints are boring, I am not.

-Alex
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro