User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Socionics
    LII

Default Anyone up for a game of Mafia?

Night

The Narrator tells everyone to close their eyes ("It is now nighttime and all the villagers are asleep..."). The night phase can optionally be accompanied by all players tapping gently to mask any giveaway sounds of player movement. However, no suspicions are to be based on actions in the night.[16]

Each night, the Narrator tells the Mafia to open their eyes and acknowledge their fellow members. They kill off one of the other players by silently gesturing to indicate their target and to show unanimity. Then the Narrator instructs the mafia members to "sleep" (close their eyes again).

Now the Detective will open his or her eyes and point at a suspect; if that player is mafia-sided, the narrator nods. Then the Narrator instructs the Detective to "sleep" and the Doctor to open his or her eyes; he or she points at someone to save, then goes back to sleep.

Day

The Narrator tells everyone to wake up. Unless the doctor and the mafia selected the same target a murder is announced, sometimes with a little narrative detail. (For example, "David was shot seven times, stabbed three times, and drowned in the river.") This player is "dead" and may no longer participate in the game in any way.

During the daytime phase, the players deliberate over which suspected Mafia member they wish to nominate for lynching. Once nominations are made, the narrator administers an election between the nominees, in which all players vote - whoever receives the most votes is lynched; they are "dead," and may no longer participate in the game in any way.

Because players have less information and more freedom to deliberate during the day, the day phase tends to be longer than the night phase. The day phase either has a set time limit, or continues until a lynch has been performed.
    If you haven't played this before, it's basically a battle between the Mafia and the Townsfolk; with a win going to the Townsfolk if all Mafiaso are killed off. Selected individuals from both groups are given special roles to assist their group in a win and non-players are not allowed to post clues to help out either group.
    “'Fuck', I think. What a beautiful word. If I could say only one thing for the rest of my life, that would be it.”

MBTI
    XNTP
    Enneagram

Sure, I'm in.
    Always forward, never back!

"I always love talking to people and hearing their story. People always have a good life story to tell ya know?"

My blog in regular blogs

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Well i havn't a clue how to play but since i have never tried it i'll give it a go.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I LOVE that game! Need to read the rules to refresh my memory though. I guess that makes me in

This game gets better with more people. My favorite role is the detective. Don't shoot the detective!
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Poo! Thought this would be a thread about how to create the most effective and lucrative crime organisation.

MBTI
    intp

I'll play

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    Poo! Thought this would be a thread about how to create the most effective and lucrative crime organisation.
    I'd give that a go too.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

This is a great game. It would be interesting to play online.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Generate enough interest and I recon we could set up a seperate area for it.

garbage

I'd totally do it sometime. I didn't realize that it could be played over forums, though--seemed to me that you'd want something somewhat real-time.