User Tag List

Senior Member TenebrousReflection's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Default Browsing habits: How often do you leave browser windows open when not in use?

I noticed that even though I have general rules I follow, my own window closing behavior can be inconsistent, and the behavior of others can be quite different than my own as well, so I thought I'd inquire how others view this...

When I am using an e-mail or social site (facebook etc), I will log on, check messages, read what fiends are doing, then nearly always close the window.

When I am browsing forums, I usually open each post in a new window and when I am done reading/replying to the post, I will close the window, _unless_ it has some information I think I may want to re-read later in which case I will bookmark it then leave the window open until I'm ready to use the computer for something other than browsing. I often open multiple threads at the same time and I do not consider myself to be "done" with a thread until I have read as many messages as I want (or are available) and decided if I want to respond or not. I may or may not read the thread in chronological order

When I visit news or entertainment web pages, I will go there for the content and promptly close the web page when I'm done. If there is/was something I thought I might want to re-read or forward to a friend, I will bookmark it, and may copy the text of it to a local computer file (in case its not there when I come back).

If I get sidetracked by a phone call, or get the whim to do something else, then I may leave my browser windows open when I otherwise would have closed them (technically I'm not done using them, so I guess it is more consistent than I first thought).
    (keys2cognition) Fi (47.6), Ne (36.8), Fe (36.8), Si (31.6), Ti (29.7), Ni (27.4), Te (17.2) Se (12.5) - subject to change - last updated 11JAN2012
    * Making consicious effort to improve my Fe...
    My Johari window
    My Nohari window

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

I dont have computer atm(using phone), but when i had computer, i had browser open all the time computer was open, and i didnt shut it off unless i left somewhere for over hour or so. On computer browser i had at least 20 tabs open(sometimes even 40) all the time, so that they would open automatically when i open it.

Now with phone, i got browser on pretty much all the time im at home. Typoc is always the first tab i open on phones browser.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I usually have anywhere around 5-10 open at a time. Sometimes they are things that I want to read later. I could always bookmark them and close the window but I know if I do that I'm not likely to get around reading it. I'll also leave windows open for things I check frequently like email.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

I pretty much never close anything unless/until I start having problems with memory or something.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

^
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTP

On my private laptop, I don't close windows until I'm ready to shut it down. On public computers, I log off and shut the window immediately.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Yeah I don't turn off my macbook until six weeks have gone by without a reboot and everything is moody. Sometimes I leave tabs open for weeks. I'm trying to be better but I get so curious that I hate to close tabs I haven't got a chance to read yet, even if they're not worth bookmarking.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    yupp

All the time but I get overwhelmed if there s more than three
    Up up
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so