User Tag List

View Poll Results: What's your field of work?

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • Medical

5 4.27%
  • Legal

3 2.56%
  • Scientific research

7 5.98%
  • Engineering/applied science

19 16.24%
  • Accounting/applied math

1 0.85%
  • Social work/childcare/caretaker

3 2.56%
  • Artist/athlete/performer

8 6.84%
  • Journalism/writing

4 3.42%
  • Teacher/professor/instructor

10 8.55%
  • Business/insurance/sales

5 4.27%
  • Retail/service

8 6.84%
  • Secretary/administration

3 2.56%
  • Mechanic/plumber/skilled labour

1 0.85%
  • Construction/other labour

2 1.71%
  • Police/firefighter/security

0 0%
  • Farmer/forester

0 0%
  • Trucker/taxi/other driving

0 0%
  • Self-employed (please describe)

3 2.56%
  • Unemployed

7 5.98%
  • Other (please describe)

28 23.93%
First 45678 Last

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by alicia91 View Post
    I'm an Interior Designer. Not sure what category that falls under. I wouldn't consider myself to be an artist, since I assume that means "Fine Artist" and I feel that I'm more of a "Designer" (which is different in my eyes).

Anyhow, I'm not entirely happy doing this. I like the design aspect of it, but I'm not Extraverted enough for it to be a perfect fit. So if I could just be given a design to come up with, and be left alone in my office to put it all together, I'd be happy. So I'm not sure where I'm headed with all of this. Recently I helped a friend renovate a Victorian home and bring it back to it's 'roots' and I really enjoyed that so perhaps that's something to consider?
    I'd definitely have put it under artist, since I was intending that to mean pretty much anything involving artistic/creative talent.

The actual design part of it seems like a fun job for an ISFP. I really like decorating too, although my tastes are too simple for me to make a career of it.

MBTI
    NICE

I was a food-taster for a despotic African ruler until recently...

That was until he passed away the other week. Suspected food poisoning, apparently.

The blighters made me redundant - and now looking for similar employment! Plenty of experience under the old belt.

Any Good Samaritans out there *willing to take a chance*?

MBTI
    XNTX

Quote Originally Posted by bananatrombones View Post
    I was a food-taster for a despotic African ruler until recently...

That was until he passed away the other week. Suspected food poisoning, apparently.

The blighters made me redundant - and now looking for similar employment! Plenty of experience under the old belt.

Any Good Samaritans out there *willing to take a chance*?
    Tried Rhodesia (Zimbabwe) for work? Machette skills are commanding a premium at the moment. Although if you just want to sit back, relax and watch... try joining the UN army.

MBTI
    NICE

Quote Originally Posted by Veneti View Post
    Although if you just want to sit back, relax and watch... try joining the UN army.
    Any armed force that wears a bright blue hat has got serious, serious problems.

I mean, that's like becoming a professional mugger dressed in a clown's outfit and wondering why you always get picked out at the id parade.

Back on track, I'd just love to get nice and close to Mugabe.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I'm a video game tester and translator and student (ending my bachelor) and lately have been earning money with cycling
    You're not North American, are you? You probably have some gorgeous bikes. What do you ride?

I'm fairly new to the sport; my road bike is a Trek 1500 and I'm thinking about getting a flip-flop single speed to use as a commuter. Although with these potholes in Canada some people recommend commuting with a suspension fork.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INFJ

For 27+ years I was a rare bookseller/office manager. Retail/administration

For the past 9 mos. I've been between jobs, although I had one job editing a rare book catalogue. Writing/unemployed

I'm starting on an MLIS degree (librarian); also volunteeer in a library. Other

Just got a job today as a rare book cataloguer for an auction house. Writer/other
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.

I'm only 16 but I've stricken up interest in theoretical physics, sooo "Scientific Research" it is.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I've been an English teacher, Japanese translator, and, most recently, working with mutual funds.

MBTI
    ISTP

I'm a student, but I'm working as a Intern doing a combination of electrical engineering and IT work. In addition, I do some mechanical work on the side.
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I had aspirations of being a filmmaker. I've always loved films and it was pretty much the only thing that interested me. At the same time, though, I had anxiety of even making a film, although I had considerably fewer problems with screenwriting. Still, I never had the follow-through to complete the screenplays into anything more than shorts. And I am bored by the process of developing characters; I prefer to write the action sequences and I guess I was a bit adept at giving detailed descriptions of images in my mind.

For that reason, I was also interested in creative writing, but unfortunately, I had to do a lot of reading -- I am impatient with reading anything that isn't written by me, about me, interesting to me, or useful to me. I never liked reading fiction but I liked writing stories.

I also had an interest in art and design (if it revolved around the stories or movie scenes I created in my head), and my art teacher told me how creative I was in his classes, but I always figure that he's just telling me what I like to hear to make me feel good. I don't fall for that. And art is also not a very good field to get into for career purposes.

Naturally, others told me how unrealistic my goals were so it kind of hurt my enthusiasm.