User Tag List

First 789101119 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    It think because he wines and then gets spanked hard by the big guy (with a might is right argument). I think Prometheus delt with the situation more noble. (But to be honest, I would probably loose my nerve if God flexed his muscles in front of me too)
    My memory of the Book of Job is that Job is devote, the Devil tells God that he wouldn't be devote if he didn't have so much, so God kills his family, his livestock, burns his home, and gives him a plague. And after it all, Job is still devote. And then that's the end of the story, where God wins the bet and Job is screwed. I don't recall him whining at all.

Now that I think about it, I have another most hated character:

God, mainly in the Old Testament.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

I also despise Dexter. There. I said it. Now all the Ender and Dexter people can join together and stone me. LOLZ
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    My memory of the Book of Job is that Job is devote, the Devil tells God that he wouldn't be devote if he didn't have so much, so God kills his family, his livestock, burns his home, and gives him a plague. And after it all, Job is still devote. And then that's the end of the story, where God wins the bet and Job is screwed. I don't recall him whining at all.

Now that I think about it, I have another most hated character:

God, mainly in the Old Testament.
    Well it kinda comes off as whining as Job defends himself against the false premise that "the good are rewarded and the evil are punished" insted of attacking the premise itself as is finally done in the speech of Elihu (the last of the four friends/tormentors/comforters) and indirectly by God (who doesn't rebuke Elihu as he does other others)
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    INTP

I LOVE Gaius Baltar. That is all.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    I LOVE Gaius Baltar. That is all.
    What is it with Gaius and INTPs? Gaius is INTP isn't he? Is he in there with you in the fictional club house right now? :P

I don't understand his appeal at all. Whether in the show as a messiah character or outside the series. Why do you like him?

@MacGuffin...you stay out of this!
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    I also despise Dexter. There. I said it. Now all the Ender and Dexter people can join together and stone me. LOLZ
    Let's start an 'No Ender/No Dexter/No Gaius' club!

I actually thought Ender was a very sympathetic character. Did you dislike him because he gets so easily twisted or becomes a symbol of nurture vs nature or 'man's sins' or something?
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    What is it with Gaius and INTPs? Gaius is INTP isn't he? Is he in there with you in the fictional club house right now? :P

I don't understand his appeal at all. Whether in the show as a messiah character or outside the series. Why do you like him?

@MacGuffin...you stay out of this!
    I like him because he's self-serving, but in a comical way. He's smart but dumb, and more entertaining to watch than self-righteous Laura Roslin or frustratingly, annoyingly self-destructive Starbuck. I don't know, I guess I just really like the actor in the role. The messiah stuff was a really dumb turn of events, though. The show was starting to veer off course by then.

As an aside, I met the actor at a concert of Bear McCreary's music in LA, and he was super-cool and charming. But I had liked the character way before that.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    I like him because he's self-serving, but in a comical way. He's smart but dumb, and more entertaining to watch than self-righteous Laura Roslin or frustratingly, annoyingly self-destructive Starbuck. I don't know, I guess I just really like the actor in the role. The messiah stuff was a really dumb turn of events, though. The show was starting to veer off course by then.

As an aside, I met the actor at a concert of Bear McCreary's music in LA, and he was super-cool and charming. But I had liked the character way before that.
    I watched BSG religiously (ha) until the last season and then it just jumped the shark. Ok, so you liked the character because you thought he was entertaining and you thought the actor played him well? Like, when you love how bad a bad guy is?

I also think the actor played the character well and Gaius was a central plot driver, the way Ben Linus was on Lost. I thought the actor playing Ben Linus also an excellent job (supposedly he was meant to be a temporary character but the producers loved the way the actor played the role) but I disliked the character in the series.

Johari/Nohari

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Gaius is ENTP and hilarious. I'd totally throw him out an airlock and then tell stories about him the rest of my life.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

I cannot stand:

the dad in Family Guy - I am so highly irritated by him that I can't watch a single episode. It's just not worth the agitation it causes me.

one of the stupid lead characters in the 'Farscape' series... the american cowboy dude who's the horrible actor and plays a bit of a buffoon - he irritates me to no end so I again cannot stomach waching the series

Jar Jar Binks

There's a definite theme here... insufferable male characters..

I honestly can't think of anyone else right now. Those are the main sorts that trigger me. I usually find the more nefarious sorts of characters interesting, at least. And I've read a LOT of books, but for the life of me I can't think of any characters that I have really hated - enough to make an impression, at least. Since I don't have any lasting impressions.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ