User Tag List

First 5678917 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    I have a low tolerance for lame. I can't watch a whole film with characters I hate. Therefore, I have nothing productive to offer, beside one:

#1) De'Londa on The Wire
    She's fairly awful. Though there are a number of despicable characters on The Wire. I'm not even sure I'd put her as my number one when I also have Clay Davis, Maurice Levy, Officer Walker, Rawls and more than a few others to choose from (these aren't necessarily the worst characters on the show, but man, I hate them more than I hated Marlo, who was obviously more traditionally 'evil')
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

NPcomplete

Quote Originally Posted by Dali View Post
    Noooo! Ms Bennett is incredibly pathetic but she's there as a foil to Elizabeth. Don't write off a beautiful, beautiful, elegantly-written book because of her.

Ok, maybe I'm a little biased. It's my favourite book of all time.
    *sigh* I wish there were a way I could erase her from the books. I'd gladly read blank space. But fret not, I know I'll have to finish it eventually.

It's one of those instances where watching the movie is better. At least she doesn't have that much screen time.

Dali

Quote Originally Posted by thealchemist View Post
    *sigh* I wish there were a way I could erase her from the books. I'd gladly read blank space. But fret not, I know I'll have to finish it eventually.

It's one of those instances where watching the movie is better. At least she doesn't have that much screen time.
    Please finish it. Awesomeness that awesome isn't to be contained to one person (me). I was never the personal library type. Get a book, read it, give it away and never expect to see it again. And I was fine with that till I read this book. I started collecting everything she wrote and then got into the habit of collecting other books and I now have a library. But I pride it over all my other books and I repeatedly tell my ENFP best-buddy who is now reading it that, if that book comes back disfigured, we are over. LOL

NPcomplete

Please finish it. Awesome that awesome isn't to be contained to one person (me). I was never the personal library type. Get a book, read it, give it away and never expect to see it again. And I was fine with that till I read this book. I started collecting everything she wrote and then got into the habit of collecting other books and I now have a library. But I pride it over all my other books and I repeatedly tell my ENFP best-buddy who is now reading it that, if that book comes back disfigured, we are over. LOL
    That is how my sister feels about certain books too. "Don't open the book so much! " Most of my books are in e-format now though so I have an e-library but yes, prior to this, I had trouble actually buying books. Not really sure why other than the space eating..

I know I shouldn't give much importance to Mrs B but she sounds so much like some friend's mothers.. It's annoying. :P

Dali

Quote Originally Posted by thealchemist View Post
    That is how my sister feels about certain books too. "Don't open the book so much! " Most of my books are in e-format now though so I have an e-library but yes, prior to this, I had trouble actually buying books. Not really sure why other than the space eating..

I know I shouldn't give much importance to Mrs B but she sounds so much like some friend's mothers.. It's annoying. :P
    Hehehe. Your sis sounds like an ISTJ pal. She rarely lends her books out to people. If you're interested in a book she's reading and ask to borrow it, she calmly tells you where you can purchase a copy of your own. It's kinda funny, once you get to know her.

Is it possible that you feel having a lot of books shackles you to a particular place? Like, once you have a couple of hundred books, you can't just uproot your life and move elsewhere on the spur of the moment, or go backpacking on a whim with nary a thought? I know it was a reason for me before, I don't put much stock in other material things but I felt subconsciously that if I started collecting books, they'd have to move with me to wherever I went for anything longer than the (very) short-term.

Dali

@thealchemist I bought most of my books 2ndhand by the way, so many rare/cheap/mint condition finds. A frugal INTP pal indoctrinated me. We're hunting for more tomorrow.

NPcomplete

Hehehe. Your sis sounds like an ISTJ pal. She rarely lends her books out to people. If you're interested in a book she's reading and ask to borrow it, she calmly tells you where you can purchase a copy of your own. It's kinda funny, once you get to know her.

Is it possible that you feel having a lot of books shackles you to a particular place? Like, once you have a couple of hundred books, you can't just uproot your life and move elsewhere on the spur of the moment, or go backpacking on a whim with nary a thought? I know it was a reason for me before, I don't put much stock in other material things but I felt subconsciously that if I started collecting books, they'd have to move with me to wherever I went for anything longer than the (very) short-term.
    Well she's a strict INFJ.. is how she sometimes looks like when I go through her shelves for books we co-own.

It's possible but that's not really my motivation. I am very much into minimalism. I also have this weird ocd-ish thing that if I own one book by an author, I need to own all of them just to have a complete library. Finally, I rarely reread books (unless they're really that extraordinary) so buying books is often not worth it.

PS: I don't do things on the spur of the moment. I wish I did/could but it's not my style. I tend to analyse everything to death before acting.

Re:mention

Nice! Just like my avatar, I like to live in libraries. Even if I feel like a traitor whenever I go there with my e-reader.

PPS: I think we're taking over this thread. Other_types_of_messages_timez!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Seriously!? Who hates Scrappy?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lore Fitzgerald Sjoberg
    The more astute readers among you may have noticed that I haven't yet gone so far as to give anything an actual "F." That's not out of any kind-heartedness on my part, it's just that every time I got ready to give one out, I would ask myself, "is it really that bad, compared to the verminous, soul-tainting badness of Scrappy-Doo?"
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheScrappy

i didn't even know about this trope until now. rofl.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

I bought most of my books 2ndhand by the way, so many rare/cheap/mint condition finds. A frugal INTP pal indoctrinated me. We're hunting for more tomorrow.
    That's INTP wisdom for you right there. Secondhand bookshops are great places to spend an afternoon. The (INTP) bf and I go there at least once a week and I have done so for years. Careful though - that's how you end up with a collection of over 1.500 and a cluttered apartment!
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    Because he gets shit on or because he just takes it?
    It think because he wines and then gets spanked hard by the big guy (with a might is right argument). I think Prometheus delt with the situation more noble. (But to be honest, I would probably loose my nerve if God flexed his muscles in front of me too)

Robert Jeffrey "Bobby" Hill. This guy is the main reason I never really watched this show in the first place. Creepy.

I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"