User Tag List

First 101819202122 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

OMG yeah, Girls is the worst. I don't know how or why people enjoy the show or the characters, since they are ALL possibly the most loathsome people I've ever seen on television. It would almost justify being both a misandrist and misogynist at the same time.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Helo from Battlestar Galactica
    Skyler from Breaking Bad

I'm sure there's more. They're just fresh in my mind.

Riva

# 6 - Marie from Breaking Bad

This is kind of a stretch but I think she could be a psychopath. She has quite a few signs of one. Either that or she is simply an immature shallow person. Probably the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    Marie might be the most obnoxious character ever written.

I think you are touching on the obvious here bit is missing the conclusion of it.

Regarding the kids I've noticed that she is extremely attached to them. She doesn't want kids of her own (which Hank craves to have) but seems to want to posses Skyler's kids -

Is probably isn’t out of real love but to put herself in a position of care. And one way to feel like a good person is to care for another and show it. This is also another way to show Hank (who is probably feeling he married the wrong woman) that she is indeed a good wife/person.

Has fallen from grace due to her kleptomania getting caught -

Noticed that she and Skyler always had a moral high ground issue? Then she gets caught beign a kleptomaniac. Now she knows Walt’s secret. Better rub it on Skyler’s face to get back at her.

and is no more in a financially upper hand than her sister therefore cannot pity her sister anymore –

Again it probably comes down to the competition with her sister. Though Skyler obviously doesn’t have a need to rub her net worth on someone’s face Marie definitely has it and Skyler (whom she probably had issues when growing up as to who the better child is) is what reminds her that she is better than her because the prettier/better girl gets the richer/more-successful guy. Then here comes WW who becomes richer than her. It’s simply not a matter of Skyler get richer than her for her (indicating to her and the rest of the world), it’s an indication that Skyler is a better mother/wife/person, isn't a thieving humiliated creep - finally the most hurtful for her – has more value than her. (The prettiest girl marries the richest/most-successful guy remember?

MBTI
    XNTP
    Enneagram

Hmm, I can't really think of many characters I hate.

1. Lenny - (Hitman Absolution)

Is honestly the only one that comes to mind here about just hating.
    Last edited by Jacques Le Paul; 09-24-2013 at 06:47 AM.
    Always forward, never back!

"I always love talking to people and hearing their story. People always have a good life story to tell ya know?"

My blog in regular blogs

MBTI
    ESTP

1. The yellow duck from the Kirara season of My Melody
    2. Mrs Legeon from Candy, Candy
    3. Dodie Bishop from As Told By Ginger
    4. The entire cast of My Little Pony G3 (the one where Spike is blue)
    5. Toji from Peach Girl
    6. Seinfeld
    7. Todd Wilkins, Sweet Valley High
    8. Lumberg, Office Space
    9. Fanboy and Chum Chum
    10. and last but not least, Finn and Jake from Adventure Time, though it has grown on me a little on those days where pretty much anything would be better than most of the choices on TV.

figsfiggyfigs

I have not seen Girls. I tried to watch 5 mins of the first episode and couldn't. Is it worth getting through ?

Riva

#7 Tony Soprano and his incompetent gang.

Tony's constant law breaking (murders, robberies, extortions) and his racism doesn't bother me as much as his self righteousness and his hypocrisies. Amazing he thinks it is his duty to judge the world around him. Also I am disgusted by his constant betrayal of his companions (subordinates, family, lovers) through either breaking their trust or letting them down. However in the first season (as I recall) he was a much trustworthy, honest character keeping in line with the honour and trust bound culture the show takes place in.

His gang is so incompetent (Pine Barrens being the best example) it is annoying. They lack any sort of discipline and competence one hopes they'd get their heads blown so that new competent members would enter the show.

The show however has to be praised for showing a much more realistic side of organized crime thereby doing justice to that genre which is so popular in cinema. I couldn't help but laugh at the God Father (yes laugh at the God Father series) for its inaccuracies after watching the show.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

The first two on my list are character's I hate and that stick with me. I really loathe them! The other's I had to think a bit more about, so mostly recently watched stuff came to mind.

1. Joffrey Baratheon - A Song of Ice and Fire/A Game of Thrones - A love to hate character.
    2. Dolores Umbridge, Lucius Malfoy, Ginny Weasley (movie version. book version Ginny was a bad ass.) - Harry Potter - I wish nothing but malice on Umbridge and Malfoy senior.
    3. Carolyn Burham, Angela - American Beauty
    4. Tara Thornton, Jessica Hamby, Debbie - True Blood - Stupid 1, stupid 2, stupid 3.
    5. Betty (Don Draper's wife) - Mad Men
    6. Pierce Hawthorne- Community - I wish he would just go away!
    7. Meredith Grey - Grey's Anatomy - She's just obnoxious. Not sure why I continued to watch the show.
    8. Sister Jude Martin, Constance - American Horror Story
    9. The Queen/Regina - Once Upon A Time
    10. The Duke - Moulin Rouge
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    I have not seen Girls. I tried to watch 5 mins of the first episode and couldn't. Is it worth getting through ?
    You got about as far as I did. I keep thinking I should give it another go. Hear so many good things. IDK.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

first i think of is Gaston from Beauty and the Beast. whatta tool.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.