User Tag List

First 91718192021 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Would you excuse his doings if his assumptions and calculations were correct so that in the end his goals would be achieved?
    Does anything ever really end though? He could achieve his goals, but later find repercussions on how he went about achieving them, destroying what he achieved. I guess if there were no repercussions, then sure. I mean, let's say I killed every human being on this planet, then there wouldn't be anyone left to punish me and I could declare the world now as a peaceful utopia because no one can contend against me.

But if the idea is to create a unified and peaceful humanity, destroying humanity to achieve that seems like an oxymoron to me...because he's not really teaching humanity to get along and appreciate one another, but controlling it so that it gets along. And his alien threat might unify humanity, but it is based on fear, a fear that can grow and project in many ways. I do not think I can consider this as peaceful.
    And in doing this, he's effectively using fear in order to control them, reducing their freedoms by necessitating their actions. He's limited the choices for humanity to make its own decisions and mistakes and then not giving humanity the choice to learn from those mistakes either. He is then not teaching humanity how to learn from its own mistakes or to learn from its mistakes, but limiting freedoms so that they don't make the mistakes altogether. He is limiting humanity's growth, because growth means making mistakes and not having peace at times.

I might be biased, but I can't see anything truly...moral...about his approach, though his character may feel motivated by the idea. I guess if the idea is that limiting choice through control is necessary for peace, maybe someone could make a good argument in favor of his approach, but I feel it is an idea that is against an appreciation for life.

MBTI
    xxTP

ok so I read the first page. Sorry to "necro"...but some of these needed to be QFT.

Quote Originally Posted by mujigay View Post
    2. Ron Weasley- Harry Potter
    He is one annoying assed motherfucker.

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    Michael Corleone - The Godfather
    Ok I quotes this for untruth. How could anyone...?

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    - JD from scrubs... he's too whiny and I want to slap him
    Yes he is a whiny pussy.

Quote Originally Posted by funkadelik View Post
    6. Alex - A Clockwork Orange
    Yep. I don't get how people think he is cool. :-S

I can't think of any I hate, though some are irritating. Such as:

Leonard from Big Bang Theory - same thing as JD from Scrubs, whiny biatch, man up FFS!
    Lisa Simpson - character FAIL. ruins everyone's fun with her "principles".
    Susan Kennedy (Neighbours) - Ditto
    Summer Hoyland (Neighbours) - Ditto

If none of you watch Neighbours due to being Americans, then I guess my post was as much of a FAIL as Lisa! lol

Riva

# 4 - The writers who wrote Wesley Crusher - Star Trek TNG

Do I even need to explain why Wesley Crusher is so annoying?

If you analyze a bit you would realize though that it is not his fault that he is so annoying, it is the writers who wrote him that were annoying.

Urghhh!

He did change in the last episode though. He didn't want to be the perfect child/person and stopped even trying to be but the damage to Star Trek was already done. His last episode was quite nice.

We finally saw a more realistic / I don't give a fuck version of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    # 4 - The writers who wrote Wesley Crusher - Star Trek TNG

Do I even need to explain why Wesley Crusher is so annoying?

If you analyze a bit you would realize though that it is not his fault that he is so annoying, it is the writers who wrote him that were annoying.

Urghhh!

He did change in the last episode though. He didn't want to be the perfect child/person and stopped even trying to be but the damage to Star Trek was already done. His last episode was quite nice.

We finally saw a more realistic / I don't give a fuck version of him.
    I liked the fact that they made will weaton a villain in big bang theory because I felt he deserved to be, I saw him on a weakest link US charity game show and he was an ass and was playing for some crank libertarian online privacy group, I read some of his ideas about libertarianism and decided I really didnt like the guy.

This is pretty hard, I never hate characters. I guess Snape from the Harry Potter series is a messed up asshole along with Umbridge. Snape's too overrated. Personally, I think Loki from the Avengers is overrated but I don't hate him. I don't like Fluttershy from My Little Pony too much.

Riva

# 5 - Shirley Bennett from Community

Passive-aggressive, manipulative, guilt tripping, boring, racist, control freak, pretentious, loathsome hypocrite.

She is so disgusting.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

the entire cast of Girls... having had the misfortune of seeing a couple of episodes, I have to say that I've NEVER seen such a set of annoyingly entitled and self important hipsters who do my gender the disservice of making us all look like total twats

since Sex in the City, that is... even the narration style on that show grates on my nerves

It's not that I hate women... there are plenty of awesome women around in real life and on tv, it just seems that the tv shows that primarily seem to showcase them pick the most terrible women in the entire world and want for us to like and emulate them
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

the entire cast of Girls... having had the misfortune of seeing a couple of episodes, I have to say that I've NEVER seen such a set of annoyingly entitled and self important hipsters who do my gender the disservice of making us all look like total twats
    I like Hannah.

since Sex in the City, that is... even the narration style on that show grates on my nerves

It's not that I hate women... there are plenty of awesome women around in real life and on tv, it just seems that the tv shows that primarily seem to showcase them pick the most terrible women in the entire world and want for us to like and emulate them
    Is that what hipsters are? The cast in that show? I remember the excitement there was about that show because it portrayed sex that was, well, sort of shite, like it can be in real life, I was surprised and remember mentioning it to someone but now that the hype has died down and I've seen a couple of episodes I dont think its a great show.

The characters are sort of mean, some of them are just dickheads (especially the males, there been three real WTF moments since I've been watching it, they are worse embarrassments to masculinity than the females are to femininity) I thought they appeared really entitled too, in this respect I think its sort of like if the Sex and The City myth was bought hook, line and sinker by people that what it would look like would be this show and its characters.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    I like Hannah.
    Really? I find her to be the worst of the four. Just the most shallow, selfish, entitled, conceited, inconsiderate and self-pitying person. It doesn't help that I knew someone a lot like her in real life and I couldn't stand to be around her.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?