User Tag List

First 41213141516 Last

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by mmhmm View Post
    jesse from breaking bad. what a little bitch.
    He cries SO FUCKING MUCH. What a whiner.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

1) brenda from six feet under
    2) don draper from mad men
    3) karen from shameless
    4) livia soprano
    5) deb from dexter
    i'm sure i have hated dozens of characters but those are the only ones i can think of

Banned
    MBTI
    SEXY
    Enneagram
    hot
    Socionics
    body

fiona in burn notice.
    The way she moves, talks, everything this does makes me cringe and want to slap the shit out of her. Like her dancing off beat to music in a club. Or her doing really fucking stupid shit that will compromise the mission to try to give her a badass loose cannon appearance, but instead giving her a dumb slut who wants to get everyone killed by being stupid appearance.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Ricin View Post
    In order of whatever comes to mind first

Scott Summers aka Cyclops [GOD I fucking hate him].

He's the definition of boring. He never does or says anything interesting and he's got no sense of humor. Shooting laser beams out of his eyes is pretty cool though. But other than the laser beams he's pretty lame.

Xiba [from Soul Calibur V].

'cuse my french but Xiba's an fucking faggot. He loves when you steam his buns with a giant rod. And he's got a douche bad hair cut, irritating voice, and stupid ass phrases. Bring back Kilik. When Kilik was around Maxi was the only Tool in soul cal.
    I couldn't agree more, especially on the matter of Cyclops.

Xiba says annoying shit, but then again so do all of the SCV characters. I ended up switching the voice language to Japanese because I couldn't take it anymore. Even Hilde, my useless main, says annoying shit that makes me want to fling my fightstick across the room when I lose matches...which is often because it's fucking Hilde.

I hate Xiba less for his annoying sayings and more because deep down I think he's an OP character and I hate encountering him with n00bs in player match. But I hate Kilik, too. Oh, and Maxi.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Wow. So many haterz. Who has time for that?
    I divide fiction people into 2 categories: boring and not boring.
    The boring ones I just ignore. (Actually, that works for non-fiction people too.)
    I have a thing for anti-heroes, as they tend not to be boring.
    I can't imagine hating a character, though overly-worthy ones do get on my tits a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Banned
    MBTI
    SEXY
    Enneagram
    hot
    Socionics
    body

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    I couldn't agree more, especially on the matter of Cyclops.

Xiba says annoying shit, but then again so do all of the SCV characters. I ended up switching the voice language to Japanese because I couldn't take it anymore. Even Hilde, my useless main, says annoying shit that makes me want to fling my fightstick across the room when I lose matches...which is often because it's fucking Hilde.

I hate Xiba less for his annoying sayings and more because deep down I think he's an OP character and I hate encountering him with n00bs in player match. But I hate Kilik, too. Oh, and Maxi.
    I hate Xiba because he's a complete faggot. Kilik I never had much of an opinion about really. I thought the character was alright and didn't seem to care either way about his fighting style. I never thought either kilik or xiba were OP. SCV does have lots of irritating characters, Xiba's the worst of them all. Patrokolos is a self righteous dick, Pyrrah says sorry too often, Maxi is just lame beyond lame trying to act cool. But then there's a lot of pretty good ones [who aren't very irritating at all] like Cervantes, Nightmare, Astoroth, Ivy, Kilik [even if he's just a random character kilik's still cool... just wish he had his staff back], Tira, and so on.

Personally I main Nightmare [which people seem to think is OP'd... usually people who aren't very good at the game] and never thought anyone in the game was over powered. Certainly not Kilik/Xiba of all people. This game is actually one of the most even match-ups I've seen in a fighting game next to maybe street fighter 4, where it's mostly match-ups that you have to worry about and tiers are meaningless.

Cyclops is just boring and offers little to no value to the story at all. So everytime I see him in a story it's like "Not this guy again. Seriously what's the point of him being there?"

What're some of your favorite characters?

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    The boring ones I just ignore. (Actually, that works for non-fiction people too.)
    I can't imagine hating a character, though overly-worthy ones do get on my tits a bit.
    Unless you just wanted to inform us of your snowflakeness, feel free to interpret 'hate' as 'get on your tits a bit'.

Banned
    MBTI
    SEXY
    Enneagram
    hot
    Socionics
    body

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    Good for you.
    However there are some works of fiction with irritating characters where the story as a whole is pretty good. Like, in my opinion, burn notice. I like watching burn notice. Mike is entertaining and fun to watch and so is his buddy sam, his brother and generally every character on the show provides some entertainment value.

Then there's fiona. She's not really a boring character as much as an overly irritating character that doesn't need to be in the show. I'd like the show much better if she wasn't in it. She's seemingly only there to pose as a love interest for mike and to give the show an edgy loose cannon character. Also since she's the love interest they try to spice it up by making her talk about relationship matters in inappropriate times [like while a gun fight is going on]. Or halt progress of a life or death situation to focus on where they are in their relationship despite the part where they could wait till AFTER the mission and don't have to discus it during the mission and that discussing it during is putting them at greater risk.

This makes the character come off as an irritating selfish bitch and makes you wonder why Mike is even interested in her in the first place. Then me as a viewer wish she wasn't in the show and was replaced by someone less irritating that didn't halt the action and missions I like to watch with meaningless selfish bullshit.

This is how someone can hate a character. How I can at least.
    Like Cyclops in the x-man, every panel that focuses on what he's doing is a wasted panel to me since he's pretty bland and boring. I'd enjoy the book MORE if he was never there, but he's persistently a part of the story.

Like you were saying though, most characters I don't like are meaningless and forgetable. So my list only contained 4 characters. They're things like when I play soul calibur v with people some people pick Xiba and I have to hear the irritating shit he says, so I see this on a regular basis since soul calibur is something I like to play regularly. Where other things I just don't really remember the annoying characters and I never see or hear of them again.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Ricin View Post
    I hate Xiba because he's a complete faggot. Kilik I never had much of an opinion about really. I thought the character was alright and didn't seem to care either way about his fighting style. I never thought either kilik or xiba were OP. SCV does have lots of irritating characters, Xiba's the worst of them all. Patrokolos is a self righteous dick, Pyrrah says sorry too often, Maxi is just lame beyond lame trying to act cool. But then there's a lot of pretty good ones [who aren't very irritating at all] like Cervantes, Nightmare, Astoroth, Ivy, Kilik [even if he's just a random character kilik's still cool... just wish he had his staff back], Tira, and so on.

Personally I main Nightmare [which people seem to think is OP'd... usually people who aren't very good at the game] and never thought anyone in the game was over powered. Certainly not Kilik/Xiba of all people. This game is actually one of the most even match-ups I've seen in a fighting game next to maybe street fighter 4, where it's mostly match-ups that you have to worry about and tiers are meaningless.

Cyclops is just boring and offers little to no value to the story at all. So everytime I see him in a story it's like "Not this guy again. Seriously what's the point of him being there?"

What're some of your favorite characters?
    Yeah, I don't really think Xiba is OP. It just gets annoying seeing him over and over again in online play. You're right, though...complaining about OP characters is the sign of someone who is bad. It's actually a pet-peeve of mine (because I used to play StarCraft2, and I have a friend who's big into it - wants to go pro - and imba complaining is all they do on the NA server and Team Liquid.) I hate whining more than I hate Xiba, actually. Did you see the SCV tournament at EVO this year? The guy who won played Tira! Tira of all people! If that doesn't prove that tier lists are fucking stupid, I don't know what does.

I actually never understood why people complain about Nightmare. He's pretty vulnerable to characters with more extremes in range (especially close-in chars like Natsu.)

I like Ivy, Cervantes, Asteroth, Hilde (of course), Pyrrha (she can be annoying, as you mentioned), Pyrrha Omega, Yoshimitsu, Viola, Elysium, Tira, and the lizardman. Fuck Voldo, Patroklos (both of them), Xiba, Algol, Edgemaster, Mitsu, and Maxi. The rest are meh.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

This reminds me of how my INTJ brother seemed to think that any character I preferred in a given fighting game was over-powered.
    Go to sleep, iguana.