User Tag List

First 567

NPcomplete

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    One could say I am a picky eater. Some of the people who know me call me that, but I prefer them to think I'm just picky rather than reveal my long, long list of food allergies. Allergies such as yellow dye #5 make me avoid a great deal of foods. And there are some 'mystery allergies' I have that make me scared to eat adventurously. I once got sent to the hospital over a bowl of tomato soup. No idea what was in it that set me off - I had eaten tomato soup other places with no allergic reaction. But now I avoid a lot of soups/tomato products for fear that the same ingredient is present. I don't eat at restaurants without an epinephrine pen on me anymore.

When you add in my lactose intolerance, and my adherence to a very, very low-carb diet... The list of foods I will eat gets rather small.

It's not because I don't like them. Except for mushrooms. I hate mushrooms. A lot.

I'm allergic to tartrazine too (and soy, monosodium glutamate, caramel colour, other sulphite-containing products and a few mystery ones like you said *siiigh*). I'm even allergic to mushrooms.

MBTI
    XXFP

I'm just annoyed with "foodie" types who will only eat something with exotic (or, alternatively, extremely common and familiar) ingredients and only if it's presented a certain way.

I've met people like this who can be irritating - "OMG you're eating THAT?" Shut up.

I don't care if it looks like garbage or even if it tastes bland - it's edible, has nutrients, some carbs, and complete proteins, it's good for common consumption.

I sometimes think of food as my "anti-starvation medicine."

Occasionally I cook fancy things.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

Glycerine

I am super picky with meat and animal byproducts. I already adapted to eating a few types of meat so I don't want to expand that. I like chicken, beef, a little turkey, bacon, seafood, cow milk products, chicken eggs, and honey. Everything else grosses me out. Pork usually makes me gag. I'm moderately lactose intolerantly so I usually won't eat heavy dairy products two days in a row. Other than that, I'm pretty easy-going.

It's a good thing I am NOT that picky. A bit picky, yes, but not picky enough to want specifications on every food there is.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Rasofyah thats what I thought because the combination of "rice and beans" sounded more caribbean to me and not traditionally American then I noticed your location :P. But dood you gotta find a way to flget fruit and veggies in your diet.
    I may need some suplements. But eating stuff I hate is not an option (for now at least).
    Its like what Kakashi said to Naruto (hahaha you watch "Naruto"?) [Eat these fruits and veggies or] You really might die" You dont like smoothies?
    No.
    There are supplements too to get the vitamins and nutrients that fruits and veggies have. With produce its not so much about the vitamins but the flavinoids and antioxodants and phytonutrients and other stuf I may or not be making up that your body needs to renew itself and fight of aging and disease. When you are young you can get away with not eating them but as you get older itll catch up to you. I didnt eat dairy once I moved to Asia as a teen so I bought calcium supements to offset that. Just a thought.
    Thanks for the tips. Yeah, I should be taking supplements. I'm going to do some research once I get in the mood. This may take some time.
    Maybe youd like the flavor of pickled veggies with your food?
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by thealchemist View Post
    I'm even allergic to mushrooms.
    Mushrooms are a scourge upon this earth and should be obliterated.

They're gross.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

NPcomplete

They're gross.
    I miss the taste of cream of fungi soup at times.

(But no craving is worth getting sick and taking meds.)

MBTI
    INtP

Yes. Mushrooms should be obliterated. Here is an example of a particularly fine method of extermination...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]