User Tag List

First 4567 Last

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Haha that reminds me when my friend invited me over to her parents house for Tet. Um is there any other dishes that would be served? Or is it traditional to eat a big bowl of fish eyeballs by itself?

And dood I thought from your name you were Korean.
    That's funny.. "Korean Dude".

Actually, there wouldn't be any bowl of eyeballs. You'd just be encouraged to eat the whole fish.

And yeah, you'd get plenty of other tasty stuff. Pho (or at least, the Thai version), fried rice and egg rolls, of course.. some stir fry made with scorching hot Thai chili peppers.

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    That's funny.. "Korean Dude".

Actually, there wouldn't be any bowl of eyeballs. You'd just be encouraged to eat the whole fish.
    Ah those tender fish face cheeks. I havent really noticed fish heads being paricularly tender maybe Iwasnt paying enouh attention.

And yeah, you'd get plenty of other tasty stuff. Pho (or at least, the Thai version), fried rice and egg rolls, of course.. some stir fry made with scorching hot Thai chili peppers.
    :applause:

Wait, does she live *in* Thailand? That might make for a loooooong drive to dinner :P. Wait are you in Thailand? Thats why you are up now enticing my hungry stomach with tales of spicy chilis? Speaking of chilis and spiciness I *cannot* hang with authentic Southeast Asia. I ordered a dish "really spicy" at a Burmese restaurant and my mouth was so on fire we moved allthe chopped chilis to the side and still couldnt get through the dish. The waitress actually laughed at us while she cleared the plate and said, "I thought you wanted it spicy?" :AsianShamedFace:
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

Wait, does she live *in* Thailand? That might make for a loooooong drive to dinner :P. Wait are you in Thailand? Thats why you are up now enticing my hungry stomach with tales of spicy chilis? Speaking of chilis and spiciness I *cannot* hang with authentic Southeast Asia. I ordered a dish "really spicy" at a Burmese restaurant and my mouth was so on fire we moved allthe chopped chilis to the side and still couldnt get through the dish. The waitress actually laughed at us while she cleared the plate and said, "I thought you wanted it spicy?" :AsianShamedFace:
    No, no.. my whole family has lived in Texas a long time actually. You could also get some good chicken fried steak or breakfast tacos here, if you want.

Speaking of fish, my dad's side is Scandinavian. Christmas is coming... enjoy some Lutefisk.

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    No, no.. my whole family has lived in Texas a long time actually. You could also get some good chicken fried steak or breakfast tacos here, if you want.

Speaking of fish, my dad's side is Scandinavian. Christmas is coming... enjoy some Lutefisk.
    Yummm, gefeltefish? (sp) Do Scandinavians cook with mulberries? Or are those Ikea lingonberries I mixing up mulberries with? If so you should hook @Rasofy up too . Ill call dibs on the Thai style pho though.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

I think I'd eat everything that is edible. At least I can't think of a food that I've eaten and wouldn't eat again, but I don't really care about food either way.
    As for other people, it's not my problem.

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

One could say I am a picky eater. Some of the people who know me call me that, but I prefer them to think I'm just picky rather than reveal my long, long list of food allergies. Allergies such as yellow dye #5 make me avoid a great deal of foods. And there are some 'mystery allergies' I have that make me scared to eat adventurously. I once got sent to the hospital over a bowl of tomato soup. No idea what was in it that set me off - I had eaten tomato soup other places with no allergic reaction. But now I avoid a lot of soups/tomato products for fear that the same ingredient is present. I don't eat at restaurants without an epinephrine pen on me anymore.

When you add in my lactose intolerance, and my adherence to a very, very low-carb diet... The list of foods I will eat gets rather small.

It's not because I don't like them. Except for mushrooms. I hate mushrooms. A lot.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Is it easy in Brazil to eat only from that list in a whole meal? Or do you usually order for yourself and not family style?
    Actually, it's pretty easy, except for mulberry. The traditionals lunch and dinner in Brazil usually have rice + beans + some kind of meat. I'm picky but I think I'm pretty flexible. Sometimes, when the meat comes cooked, I open a sardine can and mix it with rice and beans. Sometimes I ask my mom to make fried eggs for me (I think she doesn't want me using the stove, so she has never teached me ) . I could live a happy life with only rice+beans+fried eggs - which is a pretty cheap combo here - for a quite a long time. Just don't expect me to eat vegetables and fruits. . In some dishes, mostly at home, I have to split the meat from the onion. How the hell people can like onion? So, at least I do my part.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    yupp

I'm a picky eater in that i get one dish in my head and do not want anything else, if i try to eat something else i'm not satisfied so i eat more.sort of like tunnel vision but with food. right now i really want a pimento cheese sandwhich and potato chips so i'm going to make pimento cheese to satisfy my craving
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

For the most part I'm pretty laid back about adapting to other people trying to eat. It takes too much energy for me to be rigid about anything. For one example I was raised vegetarian and most of my life have been. Once I was with a group that was having a shrimp soup and the hostess made me a separate bowl that only had tiny shrimp as the vegetarian option. I was touched that she went to the trouble, but it struck me really funny inside, and yes I ate it. I know that people are complex and eating habits can run deep in people's psyches and so I try to be flexible about it.

I have known people who use it as a control issue and that might be what triggers the strongly negative reaction in people, that is interpreting it as controlling whether or not it is. There was a controlling family we traveled with who refused to eat in any restaurant that served cheese. It took hours to find a place. One of them also farted a lot and refused to let anyone open a window. Maybe it's just as well they refused to eat cheese. :P
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

MBTI
    GONE

@fia that last part about "refusing to open a window" was just

@Rasofy ah thats what I thought because the combination of "rice and beans" sounded more caribbean to me and not traditionally American then I noticed your location :P. But dood you gotta find a way to flget fruit and veggies in your diet. Its like what Kakashi said to Naruto (hahaha you watch "Naruto"?) [Eat these fruits and veggies or] You really might die" You dont like smoothies? There are supplements too to get the vitamins and nutrients that fruits and veggies have. With produce its not so much about the vitamins but the flavinoids and antioxodants and phytonutrients and other stuf I may or not be making up that your body needs to renew itself and fight of aging and disease. When you are young you can get away with not eating them but as you get older itll catch up to you. I didnt eat dairy once I moved to Asia as a teen so I bought calcium supements to offset that. Just a thought.

interesting about mixing in sardines to your food. Maybe youd like the flavor of pickled veggies with your food?

Johari/Nohari