User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Only if I'm driving a particular friend in a drive-thru.. He takes forever, ordering shit at exact specifications. Just hurry up. Same goes for strangers who do that. Otherwise, I don't care. It's just that that is on my time.
    Not only that, but the more complicated the order, the more chances they have of screwing up the order, which may demand more time if the customer is so uptight that they return to correct it.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I guess I don't mind this so much, unless it's an obvious control issue or one of ridiculously reactive dislikes. There's a difference betwen not liking onions, and refusing to eat anything that has had second hand contact with an onion. Or requiring that onions be arranged in a star pattern on their burger.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Really picky eating isn't something I totally understand, but then there are only a few things I don't like and I don't rule out entire food groups like some people. But, picky eating itself doesn't bug me per se. Not trying something, if you don't even know if you like it or not, would bother me more.

What DOES bother me is if someone has the audacity/sense of entitlement in a restaurant or friends' house, etc to send something back or complain just because they don't like it. Now I'm not talking about true problems with the food itself - i.e. the meat is raw when it shouldn't be, or there is a cockroach in the rice, or whatever. Assuming the food is properly cooked and it is simply the whim of the person who orders it who decides, eh, they don't like it, then that's their problem. They ordered something, they run the risk of maybe not liking how it tastes. It's not the restaurants' problem if you don't end up liking what you ordered.

An example of what I'm illustrating: in a restaurant I used to frequent where I knew the owner/chef, she told me of an instance (and she had many similar such instances) where someone complained about there being jalapenos in the Jalapeno Cheddar Biscuits they ordered as an appetizer. wtf?
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Dali

Quote Originally Posted by Eckhart View Post
    Personally I am pissed off when people want me to force something I don't want to eat. Why is it anyone's business what another person wants or doesn't want to eat? I cannot understand that at all.
    +1

Dali

But then again, I do get pissed off by people who make me/restaurant staff go to the trouble of making a dish with a commonly included ingredient only to mention when it was ready that they didn't consume the said ingredient.

I once walked what felt like a kilometre across a giant airport to get McDonald's burgers for me and a pal of mine, only for him to mention afterwards that he didn't do mayo. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    Word.

Like who likes a PLAIN hamburger (such as my brother who is 18 years old)? Are you kidding me?
    Me. On the rare occasion I eat a fast food burger, it's just meat and cheese, please. I like some other stuff on a burger, but definitely NOT ketchup, mustard, or mayo, and one or more of those will wind up on every fast food burger unless you specifically order it plain.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    When we were kids, my brother didn't want the different types of food touching each other on the plate.
    I would grab a fork and smoosh his food together and he'd flip out. Lol.
    I was totally like this. I have grown out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckhart View Post
    Well, define a picky eater. Personally I am pissed off when people want me to force something I don't want to eat. Why is it anyone's business what another person wants or doesn't want to eat? I cannot understand that at all.
    + INFINITY. I don't understand how people have turned being an undiscriminating eater into a virtue instead of a preference. If you were angry at someone because they wouldn't watch EVERY TV show or listen to EVERY kind of music, people would think you were insane. I'm an adult, and I'm finished eating things I don't like to please other people. As long as I don't create problems for or make demands of my host, I don't understand why what I eat matters to anyone.

EDIT: What really pisses me off is hearing "Oh, you say you don't like [dish you don't like], but you haven't tried mine!"
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    ISTx

I'll eat damned near anything, including tomatoes but I have never been able to enjoy them. I'll eat them if I need to. Depending on my mood I may or may not remove them from whatever dish they're served with. It irritates me, because I really want to like them.

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

I used to, but I have to follow a strict diet now due to my skin. Makes it easier to see things from their POV.
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Eww onions.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    ISTx

Also olives. Funny that I like them on pizza, but by themselves or on some other dishes, I can't do it.