12 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Default Your latest daydream

I used to think all the daydreaming was kind of embarrassing and made me feel slow or something. Now I just think of it as a way to process information or plan for changes or simply let the brain relax.

I go into daydreams frequently. Most recent, today, I was running and started imagining a big party- a few past friends, current friends, future friends. Especially the richest and the poorest. And my family members, a lot of whom are very poor and have mental illnesses. Friends future kids, future friend's families, my future husband in our future awesome house with our future well behaved twins. People from all over the economic spectrum and Barack Obama and his family. (yes, of course he will be re elected and I'm going to attain all this within the next few years, realistically ) We all feasted and partied and told Barack Obama what we wanted. (And I had my PhD of course....)

What about you? A recent (or just memorable) reverie?
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

I had a dream at dawn. It was a huge school (of life ?) I was hunting down an ever elusive belonging.
    Dreaming that I was an I that is not quite my own, in that particular state the mind reaches when most idle yet most active. It is, the most restful kind of torture, a straight forward labyrinth that walks its own way out. A joke cast upon the wakeful mind.

The extended I spreading through culture and dreams and hopes and that, hunger. That all engulfing need for more and ever enough. That self defining perpetual peace, insatiably ever challenging, ever simple to the deluded dreamer. But what happens when we step out of ourselves, is above as below?

But I digress. I transgress. If I could afford all the time for a proper day dream, maybe I would slip past through and dream of you.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Not telling. Maybe later after some other daydreams
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Not telling. Maybe later after some other daydreams
    Ditto, except i won't tell, at all, ever.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

I just remembered that i had been daydreaming the whole day about something else than the thing i didnt want to tell(which was last night and kept me from sleeping)

So this latest daydreaming thing(which has been occurring for at least two weeks several times a day) is about if jung somehow appeared to me. Not really sure if he would had been died and his soul appearing to me or if it was some time travel thing and my teachings to him had influenced his work, either way the fact is that if this would happen, i wouldnt believe it really happening, so it would most likely me hallucinating him.

There isnt any particular stuff im imagining, just generally teaching him what i know of psychology(reviewing my knowledge at the same time helps me remember stuff), science and technology in general, teaching him where the world is going etc etc. And ofc i wouldnt be talking to him in public incase he would be just an hallucination , but would take him places, go see the city etc, so he could see how people live these days. Wondering wether he needs sleep or not and finding out ways to test him if he knows what i know(evidence of him being hallucination), but also not thinking that its important wether he is real or not, because if he wouldnt be real, he would be a link into my unconscious and way to assimilate those things in my unconscious(that he tells me) to my consciousness. It would be bit worrying wether he would ever go away and if i would concentrate at him and he would be an hallucination, it would enforce axons to unhealthy direction and it could mean that more i concentrate on him, harder it would be to get rid of him. But if i would ask him at the start that if he will go away or not and he would say yes in a week for example, would these aäneural connections that made this hallucination disappear easily, i mean if i really believe that he will go away? Which leads me thinking how these neural connections work in healthy people and people in schizophrenia.

What if other people would see him too? Would their reactions also be hallucinations or would this really happen? What if i went to my friends place with some random old guy and acted as if i wouldnt see him ?

Could go on for ages with this.

Ps. I dont believe that this happening is actually possible. I had similar long term daydreaming like this some time ago(which lasted for few years), where i would travel back in time and teach people, how to get in favor of a king and not being seen as a witch, go travel the world with them, go to america, before columbus and do things bit differently etc etc.

This isnt just about daydreaming to me, but also way to review my knowledge, find new stuff to think and find solutions to stuff im looking an ansfer to.

Yea i think im bit weird, but at least im having fun
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

This morning in the shower--I daydreamed about my house.. and thought, wouldn't it be nice if there was a greenhouse where we could grow things year round?
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Heh, I daydream when I probably shouldn't.

This morning in calculus I sketched some random characters instead of taking notes, and then imagined what it would be like if they had come to life and started fighting in the middle of the lecture hall...

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

A suburban landscape and a highway during spring/summer time with the windows down in the car, blaring this song, feeling myself becoming one with the street that's flying underneath me as I'm driving. I'm dressed in skinny jeans and a black t-shirt, sparkly black ballet flats, and my S.O. is seated next to me in the car... the music making my imagination dance with the magic, energy rushing through me, high on love. Dinner date, and then a walk in the park.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Being feared, admired, and worshiped by all.

That and a movie I want to make with an epic cat fight, as no movie has ever been able to satisfy me in this respect.

Permabanned

Being feared, admired, and worshiped by all.
    lol...not even god can do this.