User Tag List

View Poll Results: Would you want to know what other people think of you?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 54.55%
  • No

10 45.45%
First 123

Senior Member TenebrousReflection's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

When I'm uncertain about how someone who matters to me feels about me, it can lead to me obsessing over it (and I generaly don't like to directly ask) and I start to overanalyze the situation until they take do or say something that gives me a good idea where I stand with them. It can be a very unpleasant feeling for me when I think I may have unintentionaly upset someone, so yes, I would like to be better at judging how others feel about me (fortunatly I do usually have a good sense of where I stand with my friends and relatives, but that uncertainty has happened enough to be a concern of mine).
    (keys2cognition) Fi (47.6), Ne (36.8), Fe (36.8), Si (31.6), Ti (29.7), Ni (27.4), Te (17.2) Se (12.5) - subject to change - last updated 11JAN2012
    * Making consicious effort to improve my Fe...
    My Johari window
    My Nohari window

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

I put yes but only if I could turn it off. No way to hearing it all the time. I for one know I talk a lot a shit about people in my thoughts. Mostly I don't really mean it. Its like trolling my own internal blogosphere.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerlily View Post
    I always assume people don't like me, so when I meet one who does I am pleasantly surprised. I was an army of one until I was 28. I consider myself fortunate.
    When I meet one that likes me I just assume they aren't understanding me

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

As much as it would pain me to know the truth of how others percieve me, my curiosity demands that I know of it.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

What @fidelia said.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

garbage

A probable "hell no." What Women Want was just terribly annoying. And it'd be like that, but double, since you'd be getting it from both genders.

Then again, if you're one to care whether or not people like you, you might get desensitized to that after a while of being overly exposed to their assessments.. and then realize how little it typically matters. It matters a bit, sure.. but we've all had instances where we've been able to work just fine with people that we don't actually like or that, at least, annoy us in small ways.

Shit, I'm harder on myself than most anyone else would be. Chances are that their assessments would be uplifting to me.

True to the posed question, sometimes our delusions and biases are useful tools. The wonderful magic of confirmation bias, for instance, already allows us to convince ourselves that we actually know exactly what people think of us all the time, which is great if we need a slight bit more confidence in our actions. Being balls-deep in actual information would invariably force us face and question these delusions, which might sometimes be outright painful to endure.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

no...i totally don't care to know.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

noooooo way! That just sounds scary!
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by allegorystory View Post
    Hell no. Ignorance is bliss.
    This. I'm rather insecure already and this would just make things worse. Now if I could turn this ability on and off and only use it in selected instances, I might consider it.

But what would I do if I thought someone didn't think so well of me? It would put me in an awkward situation if the other person didn't know I could read thoughts. How I could I bring up such an issue so we have a better relationship without it being obvious that I already knew what the other person thought?

In a way it's easier if the other person says straight to your face they don't approve of you in some way. Then you can deal with it right then and there.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    In a way it's easier if the other person says straight to your face they don't approve of you in some way. Then you can deal with it right then and there.
    This is the best. I wish everyone would just be straightforward with their emotions.