User Tag List

View Poll Results: do you go by a nickname?

25. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes, it was given to me by someone else

12 48.00%
  • yes, i chose it myself

5 20.00%
  • no

8 32.00%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: do you go by a nickname

5w6 sp/sx

My name is short but so common here that some people rather call me by my main online nickname (not Rasofy). Good thing is I got to choose! That's kinda rare.

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

4w3 sp/sx

Yes because my real name can be said in a variety of ways. People would say it without asking me if I pronounced it that way or not...ugh.

Senior Member Array

People often call me by my surname instead of my given name. I don't really know why, it just seems to happen. In junior high it made sense because there were a couple of other boys who had the same given name. It carried on through high school because many of my classmates knew me from junior high. In university... well, I guess in university it wasn't all that prevalent anymore, but when I started working it became prevalent again for no obvious reason to me. It's not as though my given name is particularly long or difficult to pronounce. In fact my given name is quite short, almost half as long as my surname.

Even now several friends and colleagues address me colloquially by my last name. If they were to speak of me to someone else they'd use my first name, but between us it's usually my last name.

No, not outside of being online. I go by my first name. I played a game online and was given the nickname Poki because I liked to use my middle name but it wasnt very easy to spell as quickly...Pomaika'i
    Take what I say with a grain of salt, because that's all it is compared to the ocean of complexity when it comes to actions and real life.