1 2.78%
First 123 Last

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

I get shy and self conscious when I have to get up in front of a larger group (say 15+) with work to teach or explain a concept. Once I get rolling I'm fine, but I can occasionally get really choked up, especially if the group has a higher rank/authority. I've never really had the same self consciousness with school stuff though. Casual situations I'm good to go. I've had to train my mind to set aside my appearance and image, and focus solely on what I'm communicating. I think I struggle with the work gigs because I want just a tad of validation as I move through the speech but I can't get it until I'm done. So I never know If I am ill received or not meeting expectations.
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

All Natural! All Good!

I'm not generally shy but I can be hesitant in situations that have a lot riding on them -- if there is a lot of pressure or if I only get one try to do things right. In other social situations, I can appear introverted because I'm usually bored by boring conversations (surprise!) so I tend to avoid people who are chronically boring. Or I just space out when they are talking. So I can appear lost in my own head, but really I'm just avoiding being bored to tears.

I can be a smidge self-conscious, but usually it only comes AFTER I have done something stupid, rather than before so I can stop myself. lol

I like to speak in front of groups too but I don't get much chance to do that.
    Strychnine is all-natural,
    So strychnine is all good.
    It's Godly and righteous,
    So eat it, you should.
    Who are you to refuse nature's will?

Don't use the multiquote; it was planted by the devil to deceive us.

Social Role: Asscrack/Piece of Shit/Public Defecator/Spiteful Urinator

A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

I voted "Always or mostly shy- introverted", but I wasn't 100% sure. I am not all the time shy, it depends on the people and amount of people I deal with. But I guess, my "standard mode" for a random person would be shy.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Dunno what to vote, i guess im shy about starting conversations with people i dont know, but dunno if its really about being shy, since its more about that i dont know what to say, unless i know some topics to talk about(know what interests them). If for example someone i never met is interested about photography, psychology(or something else i find interesting too), i have no problem on talking about it for hours(even leading the conversation is no problem) or coming up with topics in the frame of that specific interest.
    If its the other person who comes up with the topic, i dont feel shy at all talking, even if i dont know the other person.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I can be painfully shy at times. IT IS TRUE.
    Shaddup non believers.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

Glycerine

I voted mostly shy. I will start saying something and then completely freeze up and blank out on what I was going to say but on the other hand I can be pretty bold on what I say when I don't really care.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Socionics
    INTJ

I can be very shy in certain circumstances. Those circumstances mostly contain some pretty girl that I have never spoke with. And I would rather die than to give a public speech. It would be the same thing for me anyway.

I'm also a dedicated introvert. I always prefer small groups or even better lonelyness. I never talk if I don't know anything about the subject or have nothing interesting to say. And I'm very carefully watching people I speak with to see if I bore them. In that case I will instantly stop and retreat.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Shyness and introversion are of course two totally different things. Being shy can be a synonym for timidity, and timidity can be a synonym for fear. It's a horrible crutch to carry around sometimes. I do many times (depending on how well I know them) out of my feelings of value and time to the person I wish to speak to or whether my opinions matter which I hope not to be judged for. If I am feeling like I'll/I'm being judged for something, I can clam up and shut a person out. That, of course, is a whole different matter.

Introverts (if I'm correct) have a low tolerance level for external stimulation. They must have a lot of peace time to gather their thoughts to recuperate or retrospect about things, and I believe large crowds of people are overwhelming because it's overstimulating. Now it CAN be because of shyness, but that varies depending on the tolerance level of the person and the situation, of course.
    Save Thundercats 2011 petition. Because we do what we can. HO!!!:
    http://www.change.org/petitions/warn...another-season

Quote Originally Posted by Kraska View Post
    And I would rather die than to give a public speech. It would be the same thing for me anyway.
    Same here. That has got to be my biggest fear.

I'm pretty sure I'm shy at least sometimes, probably most of the time. But often it's hard to distinguish shyness from other factors that can also make me quiet or avoidant, like preferring to be alone or not having anything to talk about. I didn't vote because I can't really tell how shy I am.