User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ISTx

Default Wow this is painful to watch

Jake Lloyd (Anakin Skywalker) interview. I guess it makes sense he'd be so uptight when the world famous George Lucas who cast him ended up shunning the guy's performance.

[YOUTUBE="DEmgio0VV1E"]Jake[/YOUTUBE]

lol.. I don't think he was too uptight. He sounds cool. Just annoyed. I'd be annoyed too. It was a kid's part.. in a Star Wars movie.. and he has to deal with the lameness of that.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I dunno. For the first 2:30 of the interview, he sounded really tense and wary, and I was wondering what was going on and why he was even bothering to do the interview if he was that apprehensive about it. The last minute, he sounded like he relaxed a little. I'm wondering what got cut from the interview that we didn't see. Something did break the ice in there, though; he let up some.

I mean, I'm kind of glad he's moved into the area of study he claims to be in right now, it sounds like a better fit for him. He wasn't anything special of an actor, and he looked far worse because he had a shitty director and a terrible script to deal with... and a LOT to live up to. I think he's a bit more cerebral in how he engages things, rather than expressive in the ways actors are typically expressive.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

The interviewer asked him if he ever used the "Force" card on chicks. That's just a dumbass question. And I'm sure he's heard worse. I'd be weary too. People already ask stupid questions as it is. Imagine being him.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    The interviewer asked him if he ever used the "Force" card on chicks. That's just a dumbass question. And I'm sure he's heard worse. I'd be weary too. People already ask stupid questions as it is. Imagine being him.
    Seems like a light hearted, comic relief type of question. No reason to get offended at a question like that in a normal interview setting. Jake was definitely a bit on edge for no apparent good reason (unless there was content that was edited out that shows the interviewer to be mocking/taunting him).

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    Seems like a light hearted, comic relief type of question. No reason to get offended at a question like that in a normal interview setting. Jake was definitely a bit on edge for no apparent good reason (unless there was content that was edited out that shows the interviewer to be mocking/taunting him).
    I don't know. Some light hearted people are obnoxious. Like the interviewer.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

LOL, he looks nearly the same as some old schoolfellow and has even the same mimics and he is as annoyed to answer questions like him. It is like it is him, hahah!

I think that brand of interviewer obnoxiousness comes from Fe actually. Probably the most annoying in disc jockeys.. especially ESTPs.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uczUKTwgqeY].[/youtube]

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    lol.. I don't think he was too uptight. He sounds cool. Just annoyed. I'd be annoyed too. It was a kid's part.. in a Star Wars movie.. and he has to deal with the lameness of that.
    His role was very campy and suffered from a volley of fan rage. Along with Jar Jar. No wonder he's so covert about it.

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

interviewer was an ass hole. if they were a fe user, its a third function.
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee