User Tag List

First 4567 Last

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    I'm guessing he gets paid decent money to attend conventions and doesn't give two shits about the fans. And its not a stretch to assume that part of his job involves doing a few interviews to promote the convention. The guy clearly doesn't care to be there, so why else would he be doing this aside from purely financial interests?
    You're probably right.

Quote Originally Posted by senza_tema View Post
    Is it just me or is the interviewer ten times more awkward than Anakin?
    I agree with @Jennifer. They were both a little rough around the edges, but it's still not the worst interview (from both sides) I've ever seen in history.

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Re: the OP... I laughed a LOT at the interview, mostly because I'm almost exactly his age, and I know a lot of people with similar personalities to him, and on a gut level I understand the frustration of having to deal with an overly enthusiastic interviewer who doesn't seem to understand that you have MOVED ON and are NOT AN ACTOR ANYMORE. The quote that I laughed at most was "Yeah, and I've been in school THE ENTIRE TIME, so..."
    I've seen a lot of guys with personalities like him too.
    He has moved on from being in front of the camera to being behind the camera in production. Lots of actors have done that. He's not obligated to talk about what new things he's got going now but the fans would probably be interested and talking about it is a good way to get support.

Quote Originally Posted by yakimadude View Post
    oh wow, you must be getting all kinds a vagina cause you were once a child star for a single movie that I and probably alot of people dont give a fu*& about. so how are you getting laid these days? hmm? oh you are using the editor card?
    lol

That was pretty clumsy of the interviewer. For all he knew Jake could have been gay. Talking about romance during an interview is pretty awkward anyway.

Why would he go there for support? And why assume he even needs it? That's the same problem that interviewer has. He projects issues on him, and addresses accordingly. The guy himself sounds like he's OK with the conventions and with Star Wars in principal. He said he goes there for fans and answering questions. Not for support. It just sounds like he could do without some bullshit and dumb questions.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Why would he go there for support? And why assume he even needs it? That's the same problem that interviewer has. He projects issues on him, and addresses accordingly. The guy himself sounds like he's OK with the conventions and with Star Wars in principal. He said he goes there for fans and answering questions. Not for support. It just sounds like he could do without some bullshit and dumb questions.
    I was presenting a possibility.

What do you think would be good questions to ask someone like him?

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post

Probably nothing.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post

Well, when the interviewer asked him why he went to conventions (or some question along those lines), his answer about going there for fans was very reasonable and not cranky. So probably just educated, straightforward questions -- nothing like "How did you feel about __?" or anything about his personal life that he's been asked a billion times. Makes sense, if he's an IxTJ, that answering questions about his personal life over and over again would get very frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by yakimadude View Post
    oh wow, you must be getting all kinds a vagina cause you were once a child star for a single movie that I and probably alot of people dont give a fu*& about. so how are you getting laid these days? hmm? oh you are using the editor card?

he should have kept to talking about his experiences on the set, any bloopers or funny things that happened on the set. stuff like that.
    I agree with this: about the awkwardness of those questions, and about the types of questions to ask. He didn't seem to mind answering the questions about the experience of filming etc -- although he was still pretty sarcastic about the more obvious questions -- and the fact that he goes to these conventions for the (nearly) sole purpose of answering questions means that he's fine with a certain type of question. It's just the style of the interviewer that threw him off. He'd probably do much better with an interviewer who wasn't trying to charm him.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

I still can't believe that same people don't get that the interviewer was coming in with this douchey attitude of "haha, you were Anakin Skywalker, and that movie sucked, and your role was panned, and you've essentially got no chance at acting again because of it, and I'm a fanboy fucking geek, and get off on making fun of people like you for ruining my favorite childhood franchise, so I'm gunna come into this interview with an air of superiority and a heavily mocking undertone, cuz I'm the one with the mic and the camera, even though nobody knows who the fuck I am, I'm totally a third-rate interviewer, and I'll probably never make 1/10th of what you made from that single shitty childhood role. On to the awkward questions!"

Glycerine

I perceived it completely differently.... is the interviewer known to be a douche typically?
    EDIT: I watched Jake's other interviews and he didn't seem all that bad but I get the feeling I would get annoyed if I met him... personality clash.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

You know, interestingly enough, I went back and watched it a second time yesterday (after my post above).

The first time around, I think I focused mostly on Jake; the second time around, I focused mostly on the interviewer.

The second time, I didn't see the interviewer as having as underhanded of intentions... he seemed more-or-less neutral.

I think it's cuz, by focusing on Jake and his reactions, I was interpreting the interviewer in the same manner that Jake was.

When I focused on just the interviewer, it seemed more like he was just trying to get through the interview.

Interesting how my perception could be so varied based on which person I focused on.

MBTI
    INTJ

There was nothing wrong with the interviewer. Jake Lloyd is just keenly aware of the fact that he is "that annoying kid who helped ruin Star Wars", so he is always on the defensive.

http://youtu.be/LtkM2JPcHPo
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Yeah, pretty much.

I largely redact my previous statements.