User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Re: the OP... I laughed a LOT at the interview, mostly because I'm almost exactly his age, and I know a lot of people with similar personalities to him, and on a gut level I understand the frustration of having to deal with an overly enthusiastic interviewer who doesn't seem to understand that you have MOVED ON and are NOT AN ACTOR ANYMORE. The quote that I laughed at most was "Yeah, and I've been in school THE ENTIRE TIME, so..."

(also, he seemed, like Jennifer said, to be lacking in Fe; I could see him being xxTJ.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Actually, I would have to make a caveat there -- a large subset of ISTJ males seem to really LIKE scifi and help drive the "geek machine," especially in regard to TV shows (star Trek, Babylon 5, Xena, Hercules, StarGate, etc.), comic books, movie franchises, etc. I have an ESTJ friend who for years ran the TrekTrak programming for Dragon*Con, and we'd always end up discussing Trek; he was a definite fanboy; and the other guy who broke into our journal discussions is ISTJ. The discussions were interesting, because I'd definitely see the difference between an STJ assessment and the NTP assessment.
    Yeah, I know enough exceptions to the sensors-and-sci-fi rule that I pretty much don't consider it to be a rule anymore. The most sci-fi hating person I know is an INTJ.

(also, if Mal is looking for more Sensor opinions -- I love sci-fi. I'm not always a sci-fi fangirl but I definitely am about some series. It helps that I grew up with parents who love all varieties of sci-fi; my dad reads "hard" sci-fi, e.g. Ringworld, and my mom is a big fan of Bradbury and Asimov.)
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    For me, Maul was the highlight of movie #1. I still can't get it out of my head when he suckered Qi Gon into the trap, then paced back and forth on the other side of the barrier like a jungle cat. There was more conveyed in the actor's movements about that character than was contained in the movie's entire dialog for the other characters.
    Couldn't agree more. I loved that duel, and that scene where Maul was pacing behind the shield/barrier was basically the highlight of the whole movie. He was so brooding. It was glorious.

[youtube=HCTjZ-xNRTo]Duel[/youtube]

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

The interviewer was fucking obnoxious. The kid's a TJ, probably ITJ. He was reading things (properly, I might add) into the interviewer's questions that were underhandedly mocking him. There are major Fe/Fi differences going on here. The Fe people are like, "oh, just let it go, and continue on for the sake of social harmony", and the ISFP and I are like, "fuck the interviewer, his underhandedly mocking questions, and maintaining social harmony, respond how you fucking feel like kid".

And, for the record, I loved the original three movies, hated the most recent three, and thought the kid was horrible as Anakin Skywalker.

Is it just me or is the interviewer ten times more awkward than Anakin? I would have cringed just listening to his voice and his stupid questions if I hadn't been laughing at how obviously rattled he was at not being able to get anything out of the kid.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by senza_tema View Post
    Is it just me or is the interviewer ten times more awkward than Anakin?
    It is not just you.

At all.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    I do agree, which is why I didn't understand why he agreed to do the interview.
    I'm guessing he gets paid decent money to attend conventions and doesn't give two shits about the fans. And its not a stretch to assume that part of his job involves doing a few interviews to promote the convention. The guy clearly doesn't care to be there, so why else would he be doing this aside from purely financial interests?

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    This wasn't the question, but I'd say Jake is a 5w6 and ISTP.
    I think you are very right.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    There is nothing wrong with the interviewer, he was just doing his job. I'm wondering why the actor did the interview too. He should have just said, "No, thanks" to the interview if the entertainment world annoys him now and he no longer wants to play.
    Agree. The interviewer may have been a lil obnoxious (aren't most TV people?) but I did not sense any dark hidden motive to mock him. Questioning him on any future interest to act, how being such a famous child star impacted him and some red carpet experiences seems fairly status quo, imo. If anything, Jake was mocking the interviewer. It was as if he expected the rest of the world to just know that his part in this film impacting him in anyway now is a preposterous notion, which I say BS on. I suspect he has had some conflict (be it internal or external) that has left him very guarded about it. I think that if he was truly okay with his whole Star Wars part and where he is now it would have gone much smoother. In the very least this is a perfect example of two different perspectives colliding.
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    (aren't most TV people?)
    No. Watch a Henry Rollins interview. He's got a better sense of space, even for being a caustic, old punk rocker. Or Craig Ferguson, who disarms people by being more self-deprecating, and sometimes flirty, than anything. Larry King and Charlie Rose just come off intensely curious about everyone. Then there are others who like to be disarming by making comments or observations they find funny, but too much at the expense of the interviewee. Not everyone wants to play along as the clown for some interviewer's smug jokes. That stuff is probably cool though, when you know someone well.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    He didn't seem uptight to me and it didn't seem awkward until the last bit when the interviewer asked some vague questions. I think the interviewer did a pretty slack job.
    I agree.

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

oh wow, you must be getting all kinds a vagina cause you were once a child star for a single movie that I and probably alot of people dont give a fu*& about. so how are you getting laid these days? hmm? oh you are using the editor card?

he should have kept to talking about his experiences on the set, any bloopers or funny things that happened on the set. stuff like that.
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee