User Tag List

First 678

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalViolet View Post
    Jenaphor, is there any more research on this, that you are aware of? I've just had a pretty big "lightbulb" moment. I won't detract from prp's thread though.
    detract! detract! detract!
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Jenaphor, is there any more research on this, that you are aware of? I've just had a pretty big "lightbulb" moment. I won't detract from prp's thread though.
    This isn't a study but it breaks down how alcohol impacts on blood glucose levels.

http://www.medicinenet.com/alcohol_a...tion/page4.htm

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    detract! detract! detract!
    My dad was an alcoholic, that side of the family has a lot of alcoholics.
    I think I have a pretty serious issue with sugar addiction....I would go as far as comparing it to alcoholism (or herion to be honest). I noticed when I managed to cut out all sugar from my diet, I started drinking. Low carb stuff. Vodka and soda water etc, but I struggled to stop at two, a night. Needed to, though, I have a responsible job and all, but I thought it was strange that all of sudden, alcohol was more appealing when I'm not a big drinker normally.
    I could have just been substituting....I'm mean I was trying to quit smoking at the same time, and doing it sucessfully. Too many changes perhaps?
    I hate December Fell off the wagon for everything. The non-smoking, however is back on track. Now it's just the sugar thang again.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    yupp

My dad was an alcoholic, that side of the family has a lot of alcoholics.
    I think I have a pretty serious issue with sugar addiction....I would go as far as comparing it to alcoholism (or herion to be honest). I noticed when I managed to cut out all sugar from my diet, I started drinking. Low carb stuff. Vodka and soda water etc, but I struggled to stop at two, a night. Needed to, though, I have a responsible job and all, but I thought it was strange that all of sudden, alcohol was more appealing when I'm not a big drinker normally.
    I could have just been substituting....I'm mean I was trying to quit smoking at the same time, and doing it sucessfully. Too many changes perhaps?
    I hate December Fell off the wagon for everything. The non-smoking, however is back on track. Now it's just the sugar thang again.
    see i found that interesting. I have nothing to add really just that i'm glad you posted it
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

the entire holiday season sucks spending the entire time being forced to attend social events and being surrounded by free alcohol and everyone telling you that "just have one drink... it's no big deal!" or "it's new years! you're supposed to have champagne!" and other things that make you feel like you're being an uptight asshole for not having just one drink when they are happy to buy it for you and you aren't even comfortable being there in the first place and you remember incredibly well that it was always so easy to fit in and enjoy yourself in those situations in the past when you weren't the only sober person there and you start wondering if it really WILL do any harm to have that glass of champagne so that people quit trying to convince you to drink it and then you'll fit in a bit better and you really did like drinking because it loosened you up to the extent where you had a lot of fun and forgot about everything else and what's the big deal? it's just the holidays- the time when everyone forgets about their diets and budgets and they get back on those after new years most of the time... what's the big deal?

the holidays are the worst
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    the entire holiday season sucks spending the entire time being forced to attend social events and being surrounded by free alcohol and everyone telling you that "just have one drink... it's no big deal!" or "it's new years! you're supposed to have champagne!" and other things that make you feel like you're being an uptight asshole for not having just one drink when they are happy to buy it for you and you aren't even comfortable being there in the first place and you remember incredibly well that it was always so easy to fit in and enjoy yourself in those situations in the past when you weren't the only sober person there and you start wondering if it really WILL do any harm to have that glass of champagne so that people quit trying to convince you to drink it and then you'll fit in a bit better and you really did like drinking because it loosened you up to the extent where you had a lot of fun and forgot about everything else and what's the big deal? it's just the holidays- the time when everyone forgets about their diets and budgets and they get back on those after new years most of the time... what's the big deal?

the holidays are the worst
    it was the opposite for me. they;re worried about me dying.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

it was the opposite for me. they;re worried about me dying.
    I almost envy that! I was out with some old drinking buddies or coworkers... neither group thinks too highly of sobriety
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    yupp

I almost envy that! I was out with some old drinking buddies or coworkers... neither group thinks too highly of sobriety
    I just wished they wouldn't with hold alcohol from me or tell me to drink more. let me make my own decision, I wasn't planning on getting drunk. I know how much i can handle i tested the limit already.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I just wished they wouldn't with hold alcohol from me or tell me to drink more. let me make my own decision, I wasn't planning on getting drunk. I know how much i can handle i tested the limit already.
    well... what IS your own decision?

MBTI
    yupp

well... what IS your own decision?
    my own decision would be to have one or two glasses of wine. but they wouldn't let me make that decision
    In no likes experiment.

that is all