No.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Thats the whole point about this, you think something sounds(or seems) like something, without any real direct indicator to what you think of it.

With the thing that this started with was the same. I didnt say anything about you being F type, yet you saw that this was what i was implying. What prplz said wasnt any direct indicator to addiction, yet you saw what she said as an indicator of addiction.

Im sure you thought this with Ti also and it makes/made sense to Ti. But this is how undifferentiated inferior works, it guides the dom function in its thinking. Im using bit extreme example, but basically its the same as prejudice of nazis hate towards jews, for them it makes sense to hate jews, thats because their conscious thinking is led on by their unconscious. They focus their conscious thinking based on instincts coming from unconscious(coming from their twisted jew complex, which is effected by their shadow archetype. Not saying that your addiction complex is clouded by this). The things they concentrate on explaining hate towards jews might be partly showing some forms of jew inferiority(like jews not being able to believe in jesus), but they arent any real indicators of the truth. I mean if you compare jews to others, jews have highest iq on average, which is a indicator of superiority, not inferiority.

The fact that you dont associate what you have personally experienced to prplzs situation, doesent mean that you are being more objective. The fact that you are associating other peoples experiences to her when she isnt displaying any real reasons of her being addicted, is however sign of you being subjective. Because even tho those experiences belong to other people, you are applying them here based on your subjective perspective of addiction. Not only that, but you seem to do this without having enough info to form reasonably objective view on it.

Ps. Im not saying all this to put you down or anything, im doing this to make you realize something that people should understand better.
    Out of the three people in this three-way argument (kdude, jag, and you), I find your comments the most unreasonable. In a way, it doesn't matter if prplz has an addiction, no one here has a vested interest in whether she's truly an "addict" of some sort; but on the other hand it does, since whether or not she is does have some bearing on how to approach her desire to control/stop her drinking.

In light of that, and in light of the patterns that prlplz has shown in her behavior, I don't think it's unreasonable for the possibility of addiction to come up in the discussion, as a way to provide insight.

I also agree with jag, in that after you've heard the same damned stories over and over -- exposed to the same patterns again and again -- well, how is it not objective to say, "Hey, maybe this bears some looking into?" Like he said, it's the same damned story every time. I've experienced it first-hand as well, and I've read enough to recognize the same, sorry, sad patterns. I'm kind of surprised it wouldn't come to your mind since you pride yourself on your thinking skills. Nor do I think it's projecting to be acquainted with patterns of addiction and to recognize its potential existence in others. I mean, if someone struggles over and over again to stop drinking, yet continues to drink even thought they think it's bad for them and want to stop; and is resorting to saying, "Ok I'm going to try THIS to quit this time... so you guys can point it out when I fail yet again" -- what well exactly IS an addiction, if not that?

I mean, really -- "no reasons to think she is addicted" .... are you kidding me? Is this an audition for "Last Comic Standing?" There's easily enough to at least DISCUSS the possibility in this thread, which is focused on the topic of stopping one's uncontrollable and undesired drinking. There are also likely biological components involved (which is why the concept of "self-medicating" was brought up -- certain neurochemicals are being provided/catalyzed by the alcohol, to make up for a deficiency); and while prplz says she's more into salty than sweet, the two times my dad tried to abandon booze, he ended up eating so many sweets he gained a lot of weight... there's some sort of biological compensation involved there, which is why I think jenaphor brought that up in the discussion.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I was just thinking that it is a positive thing to replace the word quit with "stop".
    I just find saying quitting/giving up etc makes it sound and feel like you are taking something good out of your life...whereas "stop" is pretty plain and simple and has no negative or positive connotations...helped me.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    after I finish the bottle of whiskey I have. except when i'm with people and i'm not with people that often and even than 2 drinks max. I'm putting this here so you can tar and feather me when i fail.
    I thought you can't mix alcohol with your meds?

Put down the booze and step away slowly! Marathon sessions of ATHF are just as funny sober!
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Marathon sessions of ATHF are just as funny sober!
    Best suggestion so far

MBTI
    yupp

it's not an undesirable urge. I don't hate myself for drinking, I'm not ashamed I just think I've been drinking more than is healthy recently and that's why I want to quit once I decide to for real, from the day forward I will for a month the day hasn't come yet. and who cares if i'm addicted or not, i say Nay! could i become addicted following this pattern? absoluteley that's why i need to take a break.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    it's not an undesirable urge. I don't hate myself for drinking, I'm not ashamed I just think I've been drinking more than is healthy recently and that's why I want to quit once I decide to for real, from the day forward I will for a month the day hasn't come yet. and who cares if i'm addicted or not, i say Nay! could i become addicted following this pattern? absoluteley that's why i need to take a break.
    But you said that you will cut down drinking for a while. Its not possible that you not only have problems with alcohol, but your problem is really strong addiction.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    yupp

oh please strong addiction? i'd being having DTs
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Getting a demanding 24/7 job and a wife is the best thing to quit drinking. In your case maybe a husband and remember if you want to have childs you need to be at least sober from excessive drinking for two years or the kids can be born retarded.

If I hadnt all that, I'ld still be drinking. I do everything excessively I am just like that. And the arguement that I am not allowed to drink because it damages my health, I can only laugh about. Everything I do damages my health. And who really wants to live forever ? Only those who aggrandise themselves.

So STOP drinking ! I hope the unclear message was clear
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]