User Tag List

First 12345 Last

I told you they weren't my complexes. I have my own story, that isn't quite related. I mentioned two other personal relationships and a radio show (the show was specifically about AA and NA, testimonies, mission statements, that sort of thing), to show that my mind is focused more than on just myself.

Am I transferring an image of addiction though? Yes. A general image at least.

I also know that she has other issues (and I'll try not to bring them up unless she wants to.. needless to say I understand them) that commonly lead people down the path of self-medicating. The self-medicating, in turn, creates unhealthy addictions. I treat this with more seriousness than any other reason I'm going to give, but I don't want to get too personal about it.

MBTI
    yupp

you can bring them up, i'm pretty open about them
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

prpl, do you have a sweet tooth? If so, here's a study I found for another site:

http://alcalc.oxfordjournals.org/con...3/386.abstract

ASSOCIATION BETWEEN PREFERENCE FOR SWEETS AND EXCESSIVE ALCOHOL INTAKE: A REVIEW OF ANIMAL AND HUMAN STUDIES

This report reviews a series of studies demonstrating a relationship between the consumption of sweets and alcohol consumption. There is consistent evidence linking the consumption of sweets to alcohol intake in both animals and humans, and there are indications that this relationship may be at least partially genetic in nature. Alcohol-preferring rats have a tendency to consume sucrose and saccharin solutions far beyond the limits of their normal fluid intake and this has been proposed to be a model of the clinical phenomenon known as loss of control. Furthermore, rats and mice, genetically bred to prefer alcohol, tend to choose more concentrated sweet solutions, compared to animals which do not prefer alcohol. Similar tendencies to prefer ultra-sweet solutions have been noted in studies of alcoholic subjects, with most alcoholics preferring sweeter sucrose solutions than do controls. Evidence also exists that those alcoholics who prefer sweeter solutions may represent a familial form of alcoholism. Finally, consumption of sweets and/or sweet solutions may significantly suppress alcohol intake in both animals and in alcoholics. Carbohydrate structure and sweet taste may contribute to this effect through different physiological mechanisms involving serotonergic, opioid, and dopaminergic functions. The possibility that there is concordance between sweet liking and alcohol consumption and/or alcoholism has theoretical, biological, and diagnostic/practical implications.
    Take this seriously.

MBTI
    yupp

I generally prefer something salty over something sweet given the choice
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

lol... I'm not a sweets fan myself... I even think that BACON is ruined by chocolate!

plus, margaritas go so much better with salt!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    you can bring them up, i'm pretty open about them
    You are pretty open, but it wasn't my place. I still think it's not my place, but..

You have been diagnosed with schizo-affective disorder, haven't you? Do you find it accurate or a mistake? And are you on any medications (risperdal, haldol?)?

In any case, it's common for patients to self-medicate with various drugs (even for those who use prescription medications.. they might not have the right dosage, and compensate with something else). Same with some other disorders. Bi-polar is related. Depending on the extremity of which "polarity" you fall under can lead to certain types of drugs, if you're familiar enough of the effects. For example, depressives get more out of stimulants.

Sometimes you don't even need a disorder to medicate. A lot of drinkers don't feel good without it, and admit to numbing themselves for various reasons. So my point is, the more one thinks like that, it'll create a dependency. And there are better solutions.

/preachniness off

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I told you they weren't my complexes. I have my own story, that isn't quite related. I mentioned two other personal relationships and a radio show (the show was specifically about AA and NA, testimonies, mission statements, that sort of thing), to show that my mind is focused more than on just myself.

Am I transferring an image of addiction though? Yes. A general image at least.

I also know that she has other issues (and I'll try not to bring them up unless she wants to.. needless to say I understand them) that commonly lead people down the path of self-medicating. The self-medicating, in turn, creates unhealthy addictions. I treat this with more seriousness than any other reason I'm going to give, but I don't want to get too personal about it.
    This transferring your image of addiction to her = projecting your complex about addiction onto her. Ofc this complex has associations that arent directly coming from your experiences, but involves feeling toned associations about other peoples experiences also, i never claimed its all about you..

Knowing this, how come you are so certain about the addiction?

I mean you have only mentioned two things that you see as indicators of addictions, but if you look at both of these things from objective perspective(trying to see past the complex), it turns out that neither of those are direct indicators of addiction, because not wanting to throw away whiskey can be explained with other things than addiction and problems doesent always lead to self medication with alcohol(infact its not all that common, all of us have some problems). The fact that you see those being indicators of addiction and not see the alternative is projection. Projection is this way of seeing something as indicator of something(thus seeing it as truth), even tho there are alternative explanations(which are not seen or disregarded due to strong feeling associations triggered to consciousness from the complex).

So what im saying that when you are saying that prplz is addicted, you are making the ultimate judgment(of it being true) using your subjective feelings about addiction, not with reason.

Do youreally think that your subjective feelings are more valid on this decision(of deciding wether she is addicted or not) than using reason?

Ps. Still not saying that you are wrong about it or that subjective feeling and reason couldnt end up with same decision.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    This transferring your image of addiction to her = projecting your complex about addiction onto her. Ofc this complex has associations that arent directly coming from your experiences, but involves feeling toned associations about other peoples experiences also, i never claimed its all about you..

Knowing this, how come you are so certain about the addiction?

I mean you have only mentioned two things that you see as indicators of addictions, but if you look at both of these things from objective perspective(trying to see past the complex), it turns out that neither of those are direct indicators of addiction, because not wanting to throw away whiskey can be explained with other things than addiction and problems doesent always lead to self medication with alcohol(infact its not all that common, all of us have some problems). The fact that you see those being indicators of addiction and not see the alternative is projection. Projection is this way of seeing something as indicator of something(thus seeing it as truth), even tho there are alternative explanations(which are not seen or disregarded due to strong feeling associations triggered to consciousness from the complex).

So what im saying that when you are saying that prplz is addicted, you are making the ultimate judgment(of it being true) using your subjective feelings about addiction, not with reason.

Do youreally think that your subjective feelings are more valid on this decision(of deciding wether she is addicted or not) than using reason?

Ps. Still not saying that you are wrong about it or that subjective feeling and reason couldnt end up with same decision.

Lol. I'll leave the whole projection and blowing things out of proportion deal to you. Cool? While I'll leave things to simple yes and no answers and simply telling what I think.. which I should have done to begin with. If that isn't good enough, not my problem. You can imagine all kinds of motivations if you want. Cheers.

Also, I think you're being a bit underhanded and disingenous with some of your motivations for even being here. Specifically, the "feeling tone" comments. If you want to retype me, then make another thread. Don't waste your time here.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Lol. I'll leave the whole projection and blowing things out of proportion deal to you. Cool? While I'll leave things to simple yes and no answers and simply telling what I think.. which I should have done to begin with. If that isn't good enough, not my problem. You can imagine all kinds of motivations if you want. Cheers.

Also, I think you're being a bit underhanded and disingenous with some of your motivations for even being here. Specifically, the "feeling tone" comments. If you want to retype me, then make another thread. Don't waste your time here.
    Do you even make any efforts on understanding what im saying to you?

If you would understand what im saying, you wouldnt answer like that. Like where that retyping you thing came from? I never claimed you being F type(if thats what you are implying). Having feeling toned associations has nothing to do with type.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by INTP
    its better that americans die instead of iraq people. one dead rich american can save like 1000 people who live more modestly. therefore killing americans is a good thing for everyone in the long run. f you cannot see this, you are simply a retard who fails to see the big picture in things that truly matter.
    Reason. Right.