User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

im thinking of taking of trying pot.
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I'm sorry to say, but if you're finishing off whiskey bottles alone, you're going to have to do better than this. I won't tar and feather later. I'll just tell you you're doomed to failure now.
    Are you saying that drinking alone = having a drinking problem?

Or why do you think that she is doomed to fail?
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Aha, so you are the one that has been drinking on my behalf all these years. People around me started to wonder why I never touch a drop of alcohol anymore.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ISTx

I'm gonna start a coke habit in honor of this thread.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Now do this 20 more times and then you may succeed, with my track record. I eventually just gave up and allowed it, but only one drink a day. Every couple of weeks to a month, I might drink more than that. It's working better than it ever has. I haven't blacked out since Halloween of last year. And, my S.O. is cool with it. He rarely complains, so I think it's near passable. As time has gone on, I've become more of a happy drunk. I used to get drunk and become angry and attack people, now I just act silly, and it's actually difficult to make me angry when I drink. That's a definite improvement.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    yupp

I'm always a happy drunk
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Are you saying that drinking alone = having a drinking problem?

Or why do you think that she is doomed to fail?
    You're doomed to fail when you talk about quitting, whilst finishing off a bottle. "Last one! Promise."

A lot of alcoholics (and addicts) will tell you that they all still think about drinking - but they remain vigilant at each urge. It's a daily thing (and maybe with a little luck, a weekly thing). If you don't get into that kind of mentality, the urge will just take over sooner or later.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

You're doomed to fail when you talk about quitting, whilst finishing off a bottle. "Last one! Promise."

A lot of alcoholics (and addicts) will tell you that they all still think about drinking - but they remain vigilant at each urge. It's a daily thing (and maybe with a little luck, a weekly thing). If you don't get into that kind of mentality, the urge will just take over sooner or later.
    Sure you arent projecting your complexes here?

I mean there are plenty of reasons why someone non addicted would do the same thing..
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Sure you arent projecting your complexes here?

I mean there are plenty of reasons why someone non addicted would do the same thing..
    My complexes? Not exactly. I had a different path, I think. I had to bottom out to take issues like this seriously. The urge becomes that much more distasteful when everything turns to shit.

Here, I'm offering more of an opinion gathered from listening to other people's stories. In fact, I was just listening to the radio the other day about addicts (and their recovery stories). I also dated an alcoholic (who didn't quit.. not sure how she is now). My dad's one as well. Nuff said.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

My complexes? Not exactly. I had a different path, I think. I had to bottom out to take issues like this seriously. The urge becomes that much more distasteful when everything turns to shit.

Here, I'm offering more of an opinion gathered from listening to other people's stories. In fact, I was just listening to the radio the other day about addicts (and their recovery stories). I also dated an alcoholic (who didn't quit.. not sure how she is now). My dad's one as well. Nuff said.
    Complex = feeling toned associations around a common theme.

In this case the theme that has the feeling toned associations around it would be addiction.

Projection is when you are seeing things in others that are actually in your own head and not in those other people.

So let me rephrase. Are you sure that you arent applying the image of addiction that you have in your head to prplz? Because it partly matched the image of addiction that you have, without having anything more than just a really small fraction of commonality with prplzs situation. Also are you sure that this small commonality between prplzs situation and your image of addiction couldnt be explained with something else? For example she not being addicted really and just want to have a break from drinking, but not seeing the break from drinking that big of a deal that she would want to throw away half a bottle of whiskey? Or some other reasons like this?

Ps. Im not claiming that its impossible for her to have a drinking problem, just seeing it unlikely and seeing other more likely reasons for this.
    — C.G. Jung

Read