User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I can't think of any type I mimic, I don't think I do this.

Well, I can easily mimic INTP's and 9w1's, but that's because I'm so close to those types that it's not unnatural for me. Actually, I might be a 9, I'm not sure yet. Aside from that, I sometimes mimic sensors when I'm talking to other sensing types. And one time I tried mimicking a Fe-user. It actually went quite well, I think, though it was exhausting.

Actually, this could be an interesting experiment. Start randomly acting like another type just to see what happens...

MBTI
    IsFJ

If I'm not an INTP, I can do a damn fine job of sounding like one.

Tip: watch Jeff Goldblum's characters. The gibbering is essential.
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

I thought helping with dishes or offering to bring something to a party were just good manners...
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

My ISFJ imitation is finely-honed through years of on-the-job experience.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I don't make a conscious attempt to mimic other types, but I do deliberately choose to emphasize areas of non-preferred functions when necessary to accomplish a specific goal. When doing this, I probably come across as another type. ISTJ when I have to focus on detail-oriented work like tracking budget information at work; INFJ when I recognize I am on a moral crusade about something, and firmly place Te at the service of Fi; ENTJ when I am placed in certain leadership roles, or even give presentations. Interestingly, these are all other J types. I don't fall into P types very readily at all (probably because that usually reverses all the function attitudes . . . )
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

ReflecTcelfeR

INTJ/ENTP I can manage convincing people of, probably ENFJ, too. INTP on a bad day.

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

Probably ENTP. Ne + logic is a very comfortable place for me. I'm not sure it's necessarily Ti though.
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

I think it'd be Fi..or maybe it's Fe, I dunno. Something more giving and helpful to others. It eventually gives out..like my knees are buckling. A hirewire act, ending in resentment and frustration. =)

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I think ESFJ/ENFJ for sure. I mean, my actual type is an Fe aux, not Fe dom, and there are...Fe-type activities that don't come very naturally to me. While I am very sensitive to things like including people in group conversations and trying to make those who seem to feel uncomfortable feel more at ease (and history suggests I'm pretty good at that), I am not good at hostess-type activities...on the rare occasions I have guests I always feel awkward and either like I'm trying too hard or not hard enough. But then, I took a test recently which suggested that ESFJ was definitely the type I was trying to "imitate". Although I would potentially see myself more like an ENFJ.

I am sure that I am ISFJ-like at times too but I wouldn't say that's something I have to "imitate".

Sometimes using my Fe feels oh-so-smooth, sometimes it feels like a huge emotional and even physical effort. Depends on the situation and how I'm feeling generally.

I also have an ESTP shadow side for sure, but that comes fairly naturally under some circumstances... When I was younger I am pretty sure I came across more like an INTJ.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING