User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 24

  1. #1
    royal member Rasofy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,932

    Default Recommend me a TV serie.

    I've been bored lately. A good tv serie to watch would come in handy.
    I will rate some of the tv series I'm watching/have watched so perhaps you can get a feel for the kind of tv series I enjoy. You can recommend current or past series.

    Out of 10

    Like:
    Burn Notice 7
    Breaking Bad 8.5
    Spartacus 9
    Being Erica 8.0
    Dexter 8.0
    Prison Break -
    First 2 seasons - 9
    3rd season- 8
    4th season- 7
    The Big Bang Theory - 6.5 for the current season
    Misfits - 9
    Game of Thrones 7.8

    Dislike (Rating below 6)
    House - Too predictable. Dr. House is the smartass and everybody else is dumb. Repeat 303292x times.
    2 and a Half Men - Equaly predictable, but in this case Charlie is badass and everybody else is fool. Repeat 23430330202 times
    Lost - It doesn't make sense. I mean, I love series that make sense within its own alternative context/reality, but it isn't the case, period.

    Unrated:
    I've only watched one half of the 1st episode of the 4th season of ''The Wire'' but it seemed so monotone. Seemed very realistic, but the idea of 1 case per 10+ episodes somehow sounded like a bad idea from the start. But since some people I consider pretty smart here liked, I might give it another try it later. I prefer series that are more like thrill, thrill, action, thrill, action, drama, instead of monotone dialogues, monotone dialogues, action, monotone dialogues, thrill. If that makes sense.

    Thanks in advance!
    -----------------

    A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '


    -----------------

  2. #2
    Intergalactic Badass mujigay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Posts
    532

    Default

    You like action and drama? I'd recommend the first season of the Walking Dead. Not the second season, though. Less of the thrill and brains if you'll pardon the bad pun, and far too much of the soap opera drama.
    1w9 sx/sp
    A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants.

    All that is gold does not glitter
    Not all those who wander are lost

  3. #3
    Senior Member Stigmata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    1,368

    Default

    It's always sunny in Philadelphia is the only series on TV I go out of my way to watch. It's that good.
    "I'm just here so I won't get fined."

  4. #4
    royal member Rasofy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,932

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mujigay View Post
    You like action and drama? I'd recommend the first season of the Walking Dead. Not the second season, though. Less of the thrill and brains if you'll pardon the bad pun, and far too much of the soap opera drama.
    Thanks! I was already thinking about The Walking Dead...I will give it a go. I like drama as long as it brings some kind of lesson out of it...Being Erica is perfect in this aspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    It's always sunny in Philadelphia is the only series on TV I go out of my way to watch. It's that good.
    Interesting.Never thought about that one. Noted. Thanks Stig
    -----------------

    A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '


    -----------------

  5. #5
    royal member Rasofy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,932

    Default

    @Stigmata Just watched the first episode of the 1st season. I lol'ed! Dude wanted a gay bar and got literally screwed.
    I will try The Walking Dead tomorrow.
    -----------------

    A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '


    -----------------

  6. #6
    royal member Rasofy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,932

    Default

    double
    -----------------

    A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '


    -----------------

  7. #7
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    I've only watched one half of the 1st episode of the 4th season of ''The Wire'' but it seemed so monotone. Seemed very realistic, but the idea of 1 case per 10+ episodes somehow sounded like a bad idea from the start. But since some people I consider pretty smart here liked, I might give it another try it later. I prefer series that are more like thrill, thrill, action, thrill, action, drama, instead of monotone dialogues, monotone dialogues, action, monotone dialogues, thrill. If that makes sense.
    It has a story. You begin with the first episode of the first season...

  8. #8
    Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp
    Posts
    3,267

    Default

    Perhaps you'd enjoy Glades.

  9. #9
    NPcomplete
    Guest

    Default

    @Saturned just got me onto Lost. I'm still on season 2..but you should watch then we could speculate! Right now, it feels like the whole universe has watched it except for me.. I need people to speculate with, people who don't know anything so there's no spoiler temptation.

    Person of Interest is good toooo!

  10. #10
    Senior Member Stigmata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    1,368

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    @Stigmata Just watched the first episode of the 1st season. I lol'ed! Dude wanted a gay bar and got literally screwed.
    I will try The Walking Dead tomorrow.
    It gets even better around Season 2 when DeVito joins the cast.
    "I'm just here so I won't get fined."

Similar Threads

  1. Skins (TV) Series 3
    By dynamiteninja in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 12-31-2013, 03:15 AM
  2. Just Shoot Me (TV Series)
    By XYZ in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-29-2010, 02:44 AM
  3. Sex, Love & Secrets (tv series)
    By TickTock in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-10-2008, 09:39 AM
  4. Lost in Space (TV series) characters
    By nightwatcher in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-01-2008, 04:43 AM
  5. Applying MBTI to the "Jericho" TV-series
    By Valiant in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-15-2008, 07:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO