User Tag List

First 12345 Last

prpl, you're not a "top" person in that you don't need to step on others. Be who you are...an equal with equal expectations of others.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    prpl, you're not a "top" person in that you don't need to step on others. Be who you are...an equal with equal expectations of others.

This thread actually makes me smile. You guys are lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    You see it and smell it within prpl too. The possibility of depth through self-reflection, hence self-actualisation to maximum. She's got too much empathy to be part of the ignorant.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Life getting better depends on a lot of factors. Some you control, some you don't. You control what you do when you wake up and how you look at things. You don't control people's reactions to you (although you can exert some influence), you don't control the jobs that are available, or the weather. I think most people can do pretty well with the stuff they CAN control if they aren't lazy, and I would include you in that. But you have to be willing to act. I don't get the impression that you're ready yet. You seem to still be contemplating your situation and what to do, but if I'm wrong, great.

No pep talks from me today.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Yeah, I'll echo what others have said... for me, life definitely has gotten better, but it's mainly because I've learned to like myself the way I am, instead of thinking I should be more like other people. Once I did that and started being myself and doing so confidently, I found others liked me, too. I still feel like an outsider a lot of the time, but you know what, I'm okay with that too.

Just focus on what makes YOU feel happy, forget about what other people think and be happy with yourself, and I think you'll find people who like you just the way you are.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    Life getting better depends on a lot of factors. Some you control, some you don't. You control what you do when you wake up and how you look at things. You don't control people's reactions to you (although you can exert some influence), you don't control the jobs that are available, or the weather. I think most people can do pretty well with the stuff they CAN control if they aren't lazy, and I would include you in that. But you have to be willing to act. I don't get the impression that you're ready yet. You seem to still be contemplating your situation and what to do, but if I'm wrong, great.

No pep talks from me today.
    Someone once told me you were into a form of life coaching/counseling. What do you think of a starting point for prpl where she builds on framework first and then infrastructure or as above, go with the flow, reacting, tweaking and fine tuning on the way?

MBTI
    yupp

I'm reading, and taking every response in. just have nothing constructive to add and no one's wrong for once.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    Someone once told me you were into a form of life coaching/counseling.
    I'm mostly into stroking my own ego with my barely-special insights.

What do you think of a starting point for prpl where she builds on framework first and then infrastructure or as above, go with the flow, reacting, tweaking and fine tuning on the way?
    I think whatever's more likely to work is the way to go. When people start planning and thinking too much without any execution, then more planning isn't a good solution. If Purple was my client, I'd have her fill out at least 5 job applications for a week straight, then take the job she liked best. After she gets a better routine going--more money, more productivity, more focus, and less time wasted on addictions to internet and whatever--then start building a long-term plan, infrastructure, and execute it intelligently.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    I'm mostly into stroking my own ego with my barely-special insights.
    Nice!

I think whatever's more likely to work is the way to go. When people start planning and thinking too much without any execution, then more planning isn't a good solution. If Purple was my client, I'd have her fill out at least 5 job applications for a week straight, then take the one she likes best. After she gets a better routine going--more money, more productivity, more focus, and less time wasted on addictions to internet and whatever--then start building a long-term plan, infrastructure, and execute it intelligently.
    Good advice particularly from a perceiver's perspective. This is where I fail with advice to perceivers in that forward movement can't happen without a generalised plan of some form for me. Personal lens et al.