User Tag List

123 Last

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Default The weird dreams thread

I had a really weird dream this morning.

I woke at about twenty to seven in the morning, which is about the time I need to get up when I'm on a sleep in at work, I woke at that time and was like, awh, man, can get another hour of sleep at least and went back to sleep.

Then I had a vivid dream that I'd been at work and photocopying something, someone one of the managers had asked me to go and do an errand passing through the place where I live and I'd gone to my house.

My house somehow hadnt any walls in it but it had this massive, I mean beyond the realm of possibly, bed in it and it was very comfortable when I walked out onto it I just decided to lie down and sleep.

Then I woke with a start, when this happens its like a real rush upwards, I can feel it physically, from an unconscious or nothing state to reality and its like if you're at the bottom of a swimming pool or the sea and push off with your feet and break the surface and gasp in air.

Somewhere between waking and sleeping I had this really vivid idea that I'd left work and went home and feel asleep and left one of the bosses in work to handle the whole place on his own. I was worried and had to check what day it was and recall and reassure myself that it was my day off. I'd slept in and hadnt meant to because it was almost twelve.

Anyone else have any odd or vivid dreams lately?

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Yeah, tons, I wouldn't know where to start. Most of my dreams are vivid and lucid. It's funny the best dreams come when you are sleeping in. I think that's because the longer you sleep, the longer the REM phases get. One of my favorites lately was lucid deep space exploration. Another was about a month ago- I owned a soup kitchen and fed cops and homeless people and it had all these underlying themes. We gave free healthcare to the poor at the soup kitchen since I'm a nurse- so some of my coworkers were there of course. It was in NYC. There were tons of characters and names and too much food so we invited everyone in. At the end I became lucid and told everyone I had to go wake up, and wished that I could do this in waking life. And then the kitchen staff, NYPD, and homeless people all broke out into a Broadway song throughout the kitchen, dining room, and streets, (as I walked) saying they hate to see me go, and they hope that I will have this dream again someday. It was a complete song with an epic ending. At the ending my vision went black and I woke up.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    At the end I became lucid and told everyone I had to go wake up, and wished that I could do this in waking life.
    Cool! When I had those lucid dreams I used to tell imaginary people ''Dude, do you know this is a dream?''.
    Also I sometimes tried to find some enlightment through these conversations. I've also tried to grab lottery numbers, but I couldn't get enough numbers. I had a college colleague that told me one of his family members once had a dream that revealed her all the 6 national lottery numbers, but she could only remember 5. She made a bet with these 5 numbers plus a random one, and she got 5 numbers correct. Of course it can be a big fu*king coincidence or even a lie, but it got me wondering. Maybe our minds really have some affect on reality. Maybe there's a way to predict the future. Although I wouldn't insert a God a to explain it.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Cool! When I had those lucid dreams I used to tell imaginary people ''Dude, do you know this is a dream?''.
    Also I sometimes tried to find some enlightment through these conversations. I've also tried to grab lottery numbers, but I couldn't get enough numbers. I had a college colleague that told me one of his family members once had a dream that revealed her all the 6 national lottery numbers, but she could only remember 5. She made a bet with these 5 numbers plus a random one, and she got 5 numbers correct. Of course it can be a big fu*king coincidence or even a lie, but it got me wondering. Maybe our minds really have some affect on reality. Maybe there's a way to predict the future. Although I wouldn't insert a God a to explain it.
    Haha, you had to throw that last one in there... "Nope, it isn't because of a God."

But, yeah.. It is pretty cool. I've become pretty skilled in the art of lucid dreaming, actually. I'm not good enough to get the insights though. Because I either forget and get really wrapped up in something like flying or swimming in the middle of the ocean to remember to ask. And when I do start to ask questions that could help me in my waking life, my dream logic picks a dumb question. And usually I can only ask one question before the dream forces me onto another scene. So hopefully someday I will gain more control and win the powerball or something.

And I don't think she was lying, I think the subconscious holds a lot of answers that we just don't have access to when we are awake.

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

I had a dream the other night that I was an INTJ.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Haha, you had to throw that last one in there... "Nope, it isn't because of a God."
    Hey, I said I wouldn't count on that! (Although perhaps I secretely wanted to say that. You NFPs read a lot of things between the lines!)

But, yeah.. It is pretty cool. I've become pretty skilled in the art of lucid dreaming, actually. I'm not good enough to get the insights though. Because I either forget and get really wrapped up in something like flying or swimming in the middle of the ocean to remember to ask. And when I do start to ask questions that could help me in my waking life, my dream logic picks a dumb question. And usually I can only ask one question before the dream forces me onto another scene.
    Did you read a book about it or something?
    These things usually happened when I tried as well. It is hard to keep talking with people. I once tried a tip I read online to maintain the dream: spin around. Worked fine.
    So hopefully someday I will gain more control and win the powerball or something.
    -----------------

A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Hey, I said I wouldn't! (Although perhaps I secretely wanted to say that. You NFPs read a lot of things between the lines!)

Did you read a book about it or something?
    These things usually happened when I tried as well. It is hard to keep talking with people. I once tried a tip I read online to maintain the dream: spin around. Worked fine.

No I actually got the idea from a video on this site about lucid dreaming. The video links to a website that teaches you how to do it. Well, I've been doing the lucid dreaming thing all along, but it mentioned that you can find answers in your dreams, which I had never thought about before, so lately I started trying to ask important questions. I even ran into a bunch of words on white sand the other night showing up glittery and glowing and I sensed that you could ask the sand questions (like a smart 8 ball.) I asked it a dumb question and it answered and then the scene changed.
    I will try the spinning next time.

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post
    I had a dream the other night that I was an INTJ.
    Did you conquer the world?
    -----------------

-----------------

Did you conquer the world?
    Aww, I should have done that. Oh well. But maybe when I have lucid dream...

MBTI
    yupp

I had a dream where i was convinced i was awake and that it was an intense hallucination instead, i could control things and feel textures
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so