User Tag List

First 123 Last

Thread: Double standard

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    Is English not your first language? Your posts are rather difficult to understand. What double standards are you talking about?
    You are spot on. No EnGlIsH is not my 1st Language... its my $th InNit tho

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by fazinho View Post

so are you 10 or not?
    I thought my answer was pretty simple and straightforward. What about it do you have trouble understanding?

naw just kiddin'. if you want to spark discussion that isn't about you, though, maybe you should clarify your original post!

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Whatever....
    I think that is a simplest question......
    It seems you peeps have been here more than you should have been.....
    Come out the forum, take a rest, then come back stronger....
    if you haven't paid attention lately, I have posted rather infrequently over the past year or so. I HAVE been here for over 4 years, after all

does asking for clarification of a very vague question really annoy you that much that you feel the irrational need to lash out at someone you've never even met before?
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    I thought my answer was pretty simple and straightforward. What about it do you have trouble understanding?

naw just kiddin'. if you want to spark discussion that isn't about you, though, maybe you should clarify your original post!
    just kidding...

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    if you haven't paid attention lately, I have posted rather infrequently over the past year or so. I HAVE been here for over 4 years, after all

does asking for clarification of a very vague question really annoy you that much that you feel the irrational need to lash out at someone you've never even met before?
    yay.... finally Im going to meet you...
    just kidding....

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

yay.... finally Im going to meet you...
    just kidding....
    it's not worth throwing a parade about... all you've missed out on is a first hand account of how to avoid fucking up your life

and if the question is "do you hold yourself to different standards than you hold others to?" the answer is hell yes... I know my own motives and can judge myself more accurately on my own behavior, I don't know the motives of others so it's only fair to judge them on the best assumptions.

if the question is "do you use double standards in judging others?" the answer would be that I try not to, but I can't guarantee that I always succeed, I am, after all, human
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I suppose sometimes I'm 0 and other times I'm 10. And since 10 times 0 equals 0, it's all good. *wink wink* :P

Actually, I'm not very double standard. I used to be though, but I'm very undouble standarded nowadays.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I suppose sometimes I'm 0 and other times I'm 10. And since 10 times 0 equals 0, it's all good. *wink wink* :P

Actually, I'm not very double standard. I used to be though, but I'm very undouble standarded nowadays.
    Well I think its in our nature to be slightly double standard..

garbage

Hell, if anything, I often have a sort of double standard that makes me more understanding/forgiving of others' mistakes than my own.

Double standards and other biases can be somewhat useful tools, especially if I'm aware that they are biases. Sometimes, I do feel that I should act with an assumption that my views are the 'right' ones--otherwise, why would I be holding them in the first place, and who would be an advocate for these views if I didn't advocate them myself? If they are the 'right' ones, it's definitely a useful service for me to bring them up.. so long as I'm aware of the possibility that they won't be 'right.'

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    Hell, if anything, I often have a sort of double standard that makes me more understanding/forgiving of others' mistakes than my own.

Double standards and other biases can be somewhat useful tools, especially if I'm aware that they are biases. Sometimes, I do feel that I should act with an assumption that my views are the 'right' ones--otherwise, why would I be holding them in the first place, and who would be an advocate for these views if I didn't advocate them myself? If they are the 'right' ones, it's definitely a useful service for me to bring them up.. so long as I'm aware of the possibility that they won't be 'right.'
    Ermmmmm, OK, yeah but no, al right then, no.. what?