User Tag List

First 5678917 Last

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    You might be an extrovert..

I'm not going to use too many of my own anecdotes, but you do seem more outgoing than me at least (maybe that's not hard).

"Performing".. Even if I type SP, it's not something I like to do myself. I like "performing" things in the most basic sense. Commiting to actions. People have nothing to do with it though. Sometimes they cramp my style. Even some things that are probably viewed strictly as entertainment, are more private matters to me. Like music. It's first and foremost just for noodling around, experimenting. While for some people, it's an extension of their social life.
    I am outgoing. One thing I had with isfp is that my brother is a full fledged isfp. At least that is how it seems to me, he isn't into types or anything. I am like him but slightly different. He is more open emotionally, more artsy, less physical.

I really do like performing in front of others. There is a part in Types about istp being open to improving performance as a process. The unfolding process. I related to that. I think there are a lot of SP performers, both isfp and istp. When I talk about performing I am most always focusing on performing in a controlled scenario. That is an introverted thing from my understanding. I mean, you know...

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    The language you choose isn't Te-ish. I look at my mother who's an ISFP and when she finally gets stressed enough, she flails around ineffectively with what she perceives as a warhammer but in reality, it's made of nerf and is oh, so embarrassing to watch. That's not your style.
    No, I don't do that. Unless it is cleaning the house. I was reading that Quenk book on how types break down and if I was going to choose I probably do break down in an Fe way when stressed. Questioning relationships and whatnot.

In an argument I will want to stay calm and really choose my words carefully. The last thing I want is to get trapped in a trap of my own making.

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    @wolfy [YOUTUBE]Ti vs. Fe[/YOUTUBE]
    Do you relate to this video?
    Not really. I'm more interested in doing things than I am in relationships. People will generally only get on my nerves if they have an approach that doesn't match mine. The look of disgust when he mentioned Fe halfway through made me laugh. I don't have a big problem with Fe.

Hate

Not an F anymore?

I'm neither annoyed nor incited, I'm disgusted.

You disgust me, @wolfy.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    Not an F anymore?

I'm neither annoyed nor incited, I'm disgusted.

You disgust me, wolfy.
    You're disgusted? How about me? I need to go back and read up on myself again. You're still my favourite Juice though ... along with Orange and Mango of course.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I think there are a lot of SP performers, both isfp and istp.
    That might be the case, but there is still a difference on the whys and motivations of one's actions. Especially the difference between introversion and extroversion. It's the biggest difference when it comes to type, imo, regardless of any specifics about Se, Ne, Si, Ni, etc..

As for typical descriptions that refer to SPs as performers, it's referring to their more hands on, improvised behavior (as opposed to, say, more stand back and theoretical behavior). Not that they all have inner Elvises just waiting to come out.

Or is it "Elvii"? What's the plural for Elvis

That might be the case, but there is still a difference on the whys and motivations of one's actions. Especially the difference between introversion and extroversion. It's the biggest difference when it comes to type, imo, regardless of any specifics about Se, Ne, Si, Ni, etc..

As for typical descriptions that refer to SPs as performers, it's referring to their more hands on, improvised behavior (as opposed to, say, more stand back and theoretical behavior). Not that they all have inner Elvises just waiting to come out.

Or is it "Elvii"? What's the plural for Elvis
    I was just making some noodles for the kids and one of the eggs shell broke really cleanly so I decided to play a trick. Here! Catch! Should have seen the reaction.

That's a good point about inner Elvii and hands on, improvised behaviour. I think I have read so many articles about performers typologies that it is mixed in my head.

Now that we are talking about performing I will tell you how I might as well tell you about learning to give choreographed exercise lessons to music. That might help...

At first I hated it, as much as I love music I had never studied it and had no sense of timing. I really didn't think I would ever get it and thought about throwing it in. After a while I got a little better but would often slip out of time. To make things more interesting all my cueing needed to be done in Japanese, my second language.

One workmate involved gave me nothing but critical feedback. Which pissed me off because there was nothing to work from to improve and she couldn't explain how she does it.

Then another worker joined the gym and only gave encouragement and tips. One tip that really changed my technique was to listen for when to enter the movement. That made all the difference because a little too fast is better than too slow. You can pause slightly before moving on and it isn't as noticeable.

Also, I listened and listened and listened until I knew all the ins and outs of the song and movements. I really started to enjoy choreography and started building my own to other songs. Something most people don't do in their own lessons.

So now I love listening to music and seeing how I could move to it.

The end.

One workmate involved gave me nothing but critical feedback. Which pissed me off because there was noting to work from to improve and she couldn't explain how she does it.
    Sounds like me. I'm not cut out for teaching.

Sounds like me. I'm not cut out for teaching.
    Yeah? I can usually explain how I do things and tend to drift to teaching roles. I get sick of prep in some teaching roles though. I just like showing and teaching how something is done.

Yeah? I can usually explain how I do things and tend to drift to teaching roles. I get sick of prep in some teaching roles though. I just like showing and teaching how something is done.
    There isn't much I would be able to teach in the first place, but when I do, I might just literally manipulate the person's posture, arms, whatever, and tell them to do something like me by watching.

If it's something more technical, I don't have the patience. There's a SNL character, somewhat like me. "Nick Burns", the computer repair guy. He's always called in to fix employees' computers and snaps at all of their questions. He just does everything himself. "Move!"

I don't care about giving anyone orders either.
    It's not about giving an 'order,' it's an overall style of communication. It was one of the factors in Orangey's decision that ISTP fit her better than INTP. (INTPs are informing.) Her directing communication style has always been easy to see in her posts, over the years.

"May get frustrated by a clear lack of position." That sounds like more Te. If it was talking about more task orientedness and getting frustrated by a clear lack of a position in solving a specific problem, then I'd agree, but that sounds like more of the same about power structures.
    I easily get frustrated by a clear lack of position. Position means - what is your position on the matter? Not having/taking a clear position is counterproductive, and slows momentum. It has nothing to do with 'power structures.' There are 8 types with directing communication styles, 4 of which are Ti.

By the way, I thought you used to go back and forth between INFP and ISFP?

I'm interested in where I fit in the system and find it a useful base to work from in getting more out of myself. What other measures does Beren's have? Anything you can reccomend?
    Actually, why don't you grab a copy of a good book that I have.

Let's Split The Difference: Your Guide to Clarifying the Differences Between Similar Types
    by Susan Nash.

Susan uses a multiple-model approach in her book, including Berens'.
    It's excellent.

Go here:
    http://www.amazon.com/Lets-Split-Dif.../dp/0956327907