User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Ask yourself if you're doing it just for the sake of doing it, or because you're focused on task..

The writeup above sounds like the former. Like it describes someone who needs to either find themselves in or implement structure around them. The kind of person who can't even operate without it. More akin to Te, than Ti.

Same goes for how other things are worded. "May get frustrated by a clear lack of position." That sounds like more Te. If it was talking about more task orientedness, then I'd agree, but that sounds like more of the same about power structures.
    LoL, it was just a joke.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    LoL, it was just a joke.
    Damnit. Don't make me rant again.

..That's an order!

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

The expressive/directing Berens calls In Charge, and behaves like a Choleric, as the name itself even implies. The reserved/directing is called Chart the Course and corresponds to the Melancholy, who is very analytical and needs order and familiarity. The expressive/informing is called Get Things Going and fits the description of the Sanguine, who is upbeat, enthusiastic and focused on interaction. The reserved/informing; Behind the Scenes is a calm peacemaker who sees value in many contributions and consult outside inputs to make an informed decision and is linked to the Phlegmatic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interaction_Styles

Motivator/Presenter
    Stimulating action. Have a sense of style. Talent for presenting things in a useful way. Natural actors—engaging others. Opening up people to possibilities. Respect for freedom. Taking risks. A love of learning, especially about people. Genuine caring. Sometimes misperceive others’ intentions.

Looks like I have a lot in common with Motivator/Presenters. http://www.bestfittype.com/getthingsgoing.html

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Using your words against you? No. Tricky? No.
    Theory? Yes. That's all that is relevant to me, here.

And if you relate most strongly with ESFP, why did you start this thread? Lol.
    Because he wants to see how well he's conned everyone.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

[I]The expressive/directing Berens calls In Charge, and behaves like a Choleric, as the name itself even implies. The reserved/directing is called Chart the Course and corresponds to the Melancholy, who is very analytical and needs order and familiarity.

ITJ and ISTP are both chart the course, but there are still differences, because of Te and Ti. ISTPs care about structure, but it's internal. And they're hardly focused on familiarity. That's more of the ISTJ's thing. In Beren's lingo, ISTPs are still Improvisors (INTJs are theorists, ISTJs stabilizers).

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Yeah.

I apologise for the inconvenience.

It is more that I relate to Ti. I think I concern myself more with truth and feasibility than value and importance. Though both Fi and Ti are running around in my brain I prefer to start from Ti.

Plus, I just felt like it.
    put it this way if you're more of a goof ball you relate to Fi, if you're more of a serious sam you relate to Ti.

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    I see you and Kingfisher as two peas in a pod. He thought he was ISTP initially so I can see this about you. I relate to you both pretty well. Be who you wanna be. I ain't hating. lol.
    Yeah? I remember you saying that. That is interesting... miss seeing him around. esfp sounds as good to me as whatever, I mean I relate to it. I only have one book and it is esfp I relate to that best in it.

lol I don't care about giving anyone orders either. I mean, it depends on what first and foremost. It's not like so much is at stake and I have to be obeyed, as a rule. I'd take more pleasure in starting a fight with people like that. And if by chance, I knock them on their ass (figuratively or literally), I still don't have a need to order them around. Like I had to win something. I tell them to gtfo of my face. That's about the only order I care to give.

If directive is more subtle, then I'd understand that. "Turn here." "Step on the gas." "Wake the f up dude, we have to go." But that writeup doesn't make it sound very casual. It sounds like being at some job with an autistic for a boss.
    It sounds like a casual kind of control to me. Directing without so much focus on the outcome is how I perceive chart the course. Focusing on keeping the process moving. An eye on how it is unfolding and working with it. I can relate to it in a way, I feel I am very process oriented and adjust to the process as it evolves while having an idea what I am looking for.

I don't feel I am very directing though, I think that I can come across as directing when I am only informing though. "I think we should do this" (Your turn to say something) ... I like that back and forth. And I am not melancholy. A bit sanguine/phlegmatic I guess.

Well, I do. Get in line, bitch.

--------------------------------------

Chart-the-Course Interaction Style Variation:
    Analyzer/Operater: Actively solving problems. Observing how things work. Talent for using tools for the best approach. Need to be independent. Act on their hunches or intuitions. Understanding a situation. Taking things apart. Making discoveries. Sharing those discoveries. Unsettled by powerful emotional experiences.

Gotta say, this description fits me on-the-mark. I've gotta check this out a whole lot more.
    Beren's descriptions are good if a bit vague. I like her work in interactions. I read those again and relate to all three types I have related to.

The expressive/directing Berens calls In Charge, and behaves like a Choleric, as the name itself even implies. The reserved/directing is called Chart the Course and corresponds to the Melancholy, who is very analytical and needs order and familiarity. The expressive/informing is called Get Things Going and fits the description of the Sanguine, who is upbeat, enthusiastic and focused on interaction. The reserved/informing; Behind the Scenes is a calm peacemaker who sees value in many contributions and consult outside inputs to make an informed decision and is linked to the Phlegmatic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interaction_Styles

Motivator/Presenter
    Stimulating action. Have a sense of style. Talent for presenting things in a useful way. Natural actors—engaging others. Opening up people to possibilities. Respect for freedom. Taking risks. A love of learning, especially about people. Genuine caring. Sometimes misperceive others’ intentions.

Looks like I have a lot in common with Motivator/Presenters. http://www.bestfittype.com/getthingsgoing.html

Because he wants to see how well he's conned everyone.
    Hahaha, conning people. I can't remember why I started the thread now. Just felt like it. I relate to the parts you put in bold as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    put it this way if you're more of a goof ball you relate to Fi, if you're more of a serious sam you relate to Ti.
    I prefer to keep things light and upbeat. In general...

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I prefer to keep things light and upbeat. In general...
    I think there's different kinds of serious. I'm not dancing on tables, and sometimes people think I don't have a sense of humor, but I would still say I want some excitement. There are people so stodgy and stifling, I'd have more fun cutting myself than hanging out with.

This is a girly movie, but I liked it. Here's two brands of serious. Guess which one is ISTP.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjWbKSs1Qtk].[/youtube]

I think there's different kinds of serious. I'm not dancing on tables, and sometimes people think I don't have a sense of humor, but I would still say I want some excitement. There are people so stodgy and stifling, I'd have more fun cutting myself than hanging out with.

This is a girly movie, but I liked it. Here's two brands of serious. Guess which one is ISTP.
    I'm guessing the electrifying one? I get your point, there are different ways of getting your point across. I actually do have a preference for dancing on tables. I don't, but only because it'd get dirty and am not sure if it would play out the way I wanted. I'm not always like that, but have that in me.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMkYSbxz_xg"]ISFP[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QMUFST6tdI"]ISTP[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcHMW559Ngk"]Crappy ESFP clip[/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

Where are the eggs?
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.