User Tag List

First 283637383940 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Once again, you can't be sure that this trend is real unless you can be certain of a lot of people's types. What makes you so certain?
    Ni, of course.

Seriously, though, I have not done a formal survey, so I cannot claim true statistical significance. In my personal experience IRL and online this has been the case, based on people changing their self-typing. Also, the person who administered MBTI at my office some years ago mentioned seeing this herself over many years. She noted it especially with men typing themselves as thinkers because society raises men to exhibit that kind of behavior. They can learn to be very good at it, while still having a fundamental feeler preference. She did not note a corresponding trait in women to overrepresent as feelers.

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    Nah, @Amargith is not actually asserting that her statement is true at its face. The underlying subtext is that she's just gettin' his goat.
    Of course. How could I possibly have missed that?

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    It's part of the feeler code.
    I rest my case.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    What a load of shit. Bollocks, I say!!
    Now that's the wolfy I like so much.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Ni, of course.

Seriously, though, I have not done a formal survey, so I cannot claim true statistical significance. In my personal experience IRL and online this has been the case, based on people changing their self-typing. Also, the person who administered MBTI at my office some years ago mentioned seeing this herself over many years. She noted it especially with men typing themselves as thinkers because society raises men to exhibit that kind of behavior. They can learn to be very good at it, while still having a fundamental feeler preference. She did not note a corresponding trait in women to overrepresent as feelers.
    Ok. Well that's plausible and makes sense. Still, one can't make assumptions.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Ok. Well that's plausible and makes sense. Still, one can't make assumptions.
    We have to make assumptions. We make them every day out of necessity, to get things done. The problem comes when we mistake them for certainties, and refuse to revise them as new information comes in, or jettison them entirely.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    We have to make assumptions. We make them every day out of necessity, to get things done. The problem comes when we mistake them for certainties, and refuse to revise them as new information comes in, or jettison them entirely.
    That's pretty much what I meant; I think it's a question of semantics. Most people do become sure of their assumptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Now that's the wolfy I like so much.
    Where is the Jaguar I like so much?

I like how everyone argued about me in this thread. Now I know how the pretty girls feel.

You Ho!

Hey @wolfy, can you take this test and post your results?

http://similarminds.com/big5.html

Well I see you more as Fe-using than Fi, but it's pretty developed in you for ISTP.