User Tag List

First 243233343536 Last

Actually, I relate just as much to SLI in socionics. I like that.

Full stop.

The crosstype hypothesis was first put forward by C.G. Jung in Psychological Types. Jung noted the existence of individuals who possessed "undifferentiated" functions whose states were fused with another function. Jung suggested two kinds of such unions, those of the thinking and feeling (rational) functions and those of rational functions with irrational functions. (intuition and sensation)

I've said it before, and I'll say it again... Si in Socionics doesn't correspond to MBTI well.

Not that Socionics is at fault for that though. I think it's more aligned with Jungian Si than MBTI is.

But I understand your dillemma. I'm IP type, Si dominant in Socionics too, I think. My own reasoning as far as typing ISTP in MBTI goes is simply because of temperment. IP. I'm not an IJ, even if Si-Te types in MBTI are. I suggest doing the same for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again... Si in Socionics doesn't correspond to MBTI well.

Not that Socionics is at fault for that though. I think it's more aligned with Jungian Si than MBTI is.

But I understand your dillemma. I'm IP type, Si dominant in Socionics too, I think. My own reasoning as far as typing ISTP in MBTI goes is simply because of temperment. IP. I'm not an IJ, even if Si-Te types in MBTI are. I suggest doing the same for yourself.
    I relate well to Si in Socionics. That is probably the easiest to see function in myself I have ever come across. I am not really questioning the types across systems. I see how they are different/ similar. I think it is interesting I see the same issues across systems. Interesting in that it reveals an aspect of me.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I relate well to Si in Socionics. That is probably the easiest to see function in myself I have ever come across. I am not really questioning the types across systems. I see how they are different/ similar. I think it is interesting I see the same issues across systems. Interesting in that it reveals an aspect of me.
    I know what you mean. I see it in myself too.

It's funny when I hung out on a Socionics board, almost everyone typed me Si valuing as well. Apparently it's easy to spot from the outside too, I guess.

If you want to try to hone it down more, I suggest looking into Gulenko's cognitive styles. http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?t...e_Styles(wiki)

In Socionics, there are more "dichotomies" than just Introversion/Sensing/Judging/etc.. They're called Reinin's dichotomies. http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.p...in_dichotomies

That said, Gulenko took a few of those Reinin traits and tried to single out various cognitive styles with them. Look over the Reinin traits and put a mental check mark on ones you identify with. Then read Gulenko's stuff in the first link.

That first link is not a quick read, but it might help differentiate ISFp and ISTp for you. ISFps, in his terminology, fall under "Dialectial-Algorithmic" and ISTps "Vortical-Synergetic" (those will make sense once you read it).

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

I feel annoyed and incited.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post
    I feel annoyed and incited.
    Great. My type is awsm btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    The person you're looking for is me.

Linda Berens has used her Interaction Styles model to type thousands of people over several decades without even having to take the MBTI, or to find a better-fit type for people who have taken the MBTI, but remain conflicted. Knowing her model as well as I do, I could ask her," Hey Linda! Ever see an ISTP who has an informing style of communication, rather than directing?" Her answer would be, "No." And the reason is simple - using the model, SFPs and STPs have opposing styles of communication.

Here are your own words from another thread you started:

Using communication styles, alone, I would never categorize the words in those quotes as ISTP. But let's compare Directing vs Informing. There's more to it than meets the eye.

Directing:

Focus on: Task/Time focus
    Intent: Give structure, direct.
    Behavior: Tell, ask, urge.
    Comfort Zone: Comfortable telling people what to do.

Tendencies:

• Impatient with emergent process.
    • Often surprised when people resist in being told what to do.
    • May get frustrated by a lack of clear position.
    • Tend to act certain they are right.
    • May be seen as bossy.

• More forceful voice to create urgency.
    • Often more straightforward statements.
    • Moving forward, definite.

Informing:

Focus on: Process/motivation focus
    Intent: Evoke, inspire, seek input.
    Behavior: Inform, inquire, explain, describe
    Comfort zone: Giving information, and less comfortable telling people what to do.

Tendencies:

• More patient with emergent process.
    • Often surprised when information isn't acted on.
    • May be offended at being told what to do.
    • More likely to be seen as non-commital.
    • May be seen as indecisive.

• More tentative tone of voice to invite agreement.
    • Often more subtle statements.
    • Flowing, open, eliciting.

Moving on, here are more of your statements:

That is not the Directing, Chart-The-Course, style of an ISTP.
    It's the Informing, Get-Things-Going, style of an ESFP.

ESTP/ISTP have a directing communication style.
    ESFP/ISFP have an informing communication style.

ESFP = Get-Things-Going
    ISFP = Behind-the-Scenes
    ESTP = In-Charge
    ISTP = Chart-the-Course

Descriptions are here:
    http://www.interactionstyles.com/

If I put all that aside, I could say: "Hey wolfy - be whatever the fuck you want to be! Rock on!"
    However, the models are not something I ignore.

The above words speak volumes.

To be frank, when I read your comment, "Plus, I just felt like it." I wondered if you are screwing with people as an experiment. Lol. Regardless, my comments stand. Using Berens' model, your own preferences are consistent with ESFP.

Models exist for a reason - they're not designed to categorize types "just because they feel like it."

Cheers, buddy.
    I looked this post up again because I was reading through this ericb article and noticed I saw agreed with all the esfp ones
    HERO (dominant)

Since this is the ego's main standpoint, we probably don't often project it at others. We "own" it right off the bat. It is "us", at least in our conscious self-image.
    I imagine it's when we're really young, and we look up to those who manifest the perspective that will become dominant in our own consciousness. We then seek to be like them and emulate them; becoming better and better at the process as we go on. We eventually master it, and thus are able to withdraw the projection; seeing ourselves as the "hero" in this area.

As "operating charters", the emotionally positive sense of heroically solving a problem would best be captured by the rational mind through the following perspectives:

Se (ESxP): The environment must be scanned for tangible experiences
    Si (ISxJ): Life must be familiar to my storehouse of data
    Ne (ENxP): The environment must be inferred for alternative possibilities
    Ni (INxJ): Life must have an underlying significance inferred by me
    Te (ExTJ): The environment must be efficiently organized
    Ti (IxTP): Life must make technical sense to me
    Fe (ExFJ): The environment must be socially friendly
    Fi (IxFP): Life must be humanely congruent to me

GOOD PARENT (auxiliary)

You would think we likewise don't project this much, since we see it as just as integral to our type as the dominant. But since (according to Lenore) we often jump straight to the tertiary defense, we apparently do not always completely own the complex.
    When we do, we reportedly gain a strong motivation to teach and mentor others, and sometimes going to the opposite extreme of wjhat's been called "preaching the auxiliary". The person now rigorously "parents" others with their perspective, including their method of owning the complex.

I imagine projecting the parent would mean you would see others as parent figures you want to help you with the perspective of the function in that position. Running to the tertiary, we're playing a role of "child" (that function's archetypal shell) anyway. Again, when we mature in the function, we then take a more "parental" role, and would then withdraw the projection.

But being in a heavy SJ environment, I have probably not had many people I could project this onto, so I believe I owned it pretty early, making my Ne very strong (as reflected by the cognitive process test), to the point of seeming to be possibly my dominant.

The emotionally positive sense of authoritatively supporting others is best captured by the rational mind through:
    Se (ISxP): Aiding others in tangible experiences
    Si (ESxJ): Teaching others according to what's familiar
    Ne (INxP): Showing others alternative possibilities
    Ni (ENxJ): Showing others underlying significance of things
    Te (IxTJ): Directing others to efficiently organize the environment
    Ti (ExTP): Teaching others according to logically truth
    Fe (IxFJ): Instructing others on group ethics or values
    Fi (ExFP): Teaching others by one's own personal relation to situations
    Go figure. Difficult to deny how much your points and this fits, as well as the others on that site. Only thing is I feel I am way too laid back for esfp.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

I think I might go with ISFJ this week. It'll help me get all my tasks done, I think.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Esfp???!?