User Tag List

First 22303132333442 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    If she's the one who is so into fashion, how is it that you know about Milan fashion shows?
    Haha..

She could have bought this stuff at Wal-Mart for all I know. Something about the choice of colors seems "Italian" though. She's also one of those women that works in a spa or tanning salon or something, so I guess beauty (and helping others achieve it?) is part of her job too.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I don't see you as an extrovert.

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    It's not just Socionics though. ESFPs in Thomson's book are impact oriented too. I think it just comes naturally from an external focus. She even comments on subtle things, like how they might assess style, from an external P.O.V. That ESPs are good at knowing what impacts others, even passively. You can't really be all that chill and be that at the same time imo. I'm sure some will disagree though.

I'll let Thomson speak:

I can only give some personal anecdotes of people like this. Some are picture perfect. They aren't just merely "people oriented" and having fun. One of my friends dresses like she came from a Milan fashion show, even at casual parties. She's begging for comments, even without saying anything. Although she does say much too. She's impactful even in how she conversates. She's loud, flirty, breaks into conversations often, will even cut you off to get her opinion in... and the literal decibel levels are noticably louder than others, and I'm sure she doesn't even try. It's just part of her entire personality to be that "out there". Me, I don't come into room with a mind for impact myself. I don't volunteer much and at most, look for the nearest couch. Then wait for something interesting.

If you identify more with the hedonistic thing, or just a chilled type 9, I would say ISFP.. just for the fact that it's much more personal and doesn't need that influence. They think more on what impacts themselves. And they're not ones with a mind to increase.. their social "currency" or whatnot. Not directly or purposely at least. Some lay back to the point of not wanting to impact very much at all. 9s tend to be more agreeable or withdrawing and do their own thing. On the flipside, most ESPs would go nuts if forced in that position.

I know there's always a unique case, or like I said, people grow into more balance.. but there are differences. Just because they are SFP doesn't mean they are that similar.
    I was more commenting that the description reminded me of the isfp description I was reading than the esfp. You're right though, that part you quoted is similar to socionics and doesn't fit me that well. I glossed over it in favour of other sections that did.

Kasper made a point that I am too contained to be esfp, that makes some sense to me. When it comes to influence and impact I tend to naturally look for some balance. I've never been one to ignore or not notice cues from others, tended to look for them. Or at least try to.

It is funny how my mind moves from type to type depending on the info. Now I am back to isfp. You never know though... what fun is a type forum without questioning type?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    You never know though... what fun is a type forum without questioning type?
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be here if I had it all figured out.

[YOUTUBE="K2PPgcNjols"]The Dude Abides[/YOUTUBE]

I just bought myself a nice robe yesterday. I've been wearing it since. There's a little bit of the Dude in all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I just bought myself a nice robe yesterday.
    In Milan?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    In Milan?
    Nothing so decadent. Kohl's actually.

If I could, I'd get a robe from rural Norway. Assuming theirs are made out of fur? I want a fur cape actually. That would be the shit.

I'm back to istp. I get bored easy...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    584 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I'm back to istp. I get bored easy...
    That ought to be good for another 30 pages of comments.
    INTJ 5w4 sx/sp 584 ILI-Ni