User Tag List

First 21293031323341 Last

Quote Originally Posted by lauranna View Post
    So not ISTP at all then
    You never know, must be a bit in me if I come across like that.

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    You're a 9? You seem so assertive to be a 9..... Guess I haven't looked at an esfp 9...... Get under the microscope.
    I am 9w8. I relate strongly to 8 but it isn't dominant.

Quote Originally Posted by lauranna View Post
    I think I am 9w8. Can you be a 9w8 ISTP?
    Yeah sure, according to the numbers it isn't all that rare.

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    I'm not sure. I've not seen one. Would be an interesting person.....
    Sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboo View Post
    i relate to 9w8 but i don't really know. pretty subjective.
    Isn't it all?

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

The important question here is: are we incited? Yes. I say yes.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I've decided on my type... isfp in socionics and esfp in mbti. 9w8 in enneagram.
    Cool, wolfy.

You just don't seem very extroverted but small snapshots in an online forum make it really hard to tell. An ISFP I know is 9w8. He's laid-back, cool, flexible, loves to put on a show (but doesn't want to interact with people), loves his privacy, his "feel-goods"...food, music, and physical stuff in bursts.

He can be tough and has a thick-skin. That 8 wing can come roaring out when it needs to. But mostly in the form of being very firm and take-charge if necessary. Nice without letting anyone push him around. Is that how your wing shows up?

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

ESFP makes functional sense, I don't know who made up the rule ESFPs can't be laid back.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    ESFP makes functional sense, I don't know who made up the rule ESFPs can't be laid back.
    Basically, extroversion? Instead of the introverted/more personal focus of ISFP who weighs and takes in and judges things in a kind of a hedonistic/comfort oriented way (err, that's a mouthful), Se dominance is impactful, and creates more scenes rather than takes them in. It's also flighty. They usually want to move around and sample a little of everything, rather than dwell. They're also said to be more status oriented, want to be in positions of influence (whether that's just being funny, powerful, sexy, etc). If we were to think of Se only in terms of ISFPs, it'd always be chill, but it's not.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Basically, extroversion? Instead of the introverted/more personal focus of ISFP who weighs and takes in and judges things in a kind of a hedonistic/comfort oriented way (err, that's a mouthful), Se dominance is impactful, and creates more scenes rather than takes them in. It's also flighty. They usually want to move around and sample a little of everything, rather than dwell. They're also said to be more status oriented, want to be in positions of influence (whether that's just being funny, powerful, sexy, etc). If we were to think of Se only in terms of ISFPs, it'd always be chill, but it's not.
    I suppose it depends on how you define laidback ,I see it as the opposite of neurotic and neuroticism isn't correlated with type so I could see any type being laidback.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

I suppose it depends on how you define laidback ,I see it as the opposite of neurotic and neuroticism isn't correlated with type so I could see any type being laidback.
    True enough. Anyone can be laidback, generally speak. I guess my point is just that ISFPs... kind of inhale more. For lack of a better word.

Not to say that Wolfy isn't ESFP though. Maybe he is. He's also older and probably very balanced either way one puts it.

Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    The important question here is: are we incited? Yes. I say yes.
    That is all I look for.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    Cool, wolfy.

You just don't seem very extroverted but small snapshots in an online forum make it really hard to tell. An ISFP I know is 9w8. He's laid-back, cool, flexible, loves to put on a show (but doesn't want to interact with people), loves his privacy, his "feel-goods"...food, music, and physical stuff in bursts.

He can be tough and has a thick-skin. That 8 wing can come roaring out when it needs to. But mostly in the form of being very firm and take-charge if necessary. Nice without letting anyone push him around. Is that how your wing shows up?
    Sounds like me! Are you my friend in real life? I do like interacting with people though...

Yeah.

The above sounds more socionics than mbti. One of the aspects that trips me up in mbti is I am not analysing my values. They are not in the forefront of my mind. They are there though.. at least I hope so...

In Lenore's book there is a segment on e vs i for people that are close. There are three questions that she feels tip the balance to e.

One, When having a good time I get energised and keep on going I agree with 100% for me.

One more, People are generally aware of what is important to me is fairly true.

The third one, many friends, I am more unsure of.

The esfp in her book sounds more like me than isfp.

I'd agree with that.

True enough. Anyone can be laidback, generally speak. I guess my point is just that ISFPs... kind of inhale more. For lack of a better word.

Not to say that Wolfy isn't ESFP though. Maybe he is. He's also older and probably very balanced either way one puts it.
    It is hard to say. I could have balanced out either way from where I am looking. But preference wise, and behaviour wise, laid back esfp makes sense.

It kind of renders the mbti system useless to me, but there you have it.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    The esfp in her book sounds more like me than isfp.
    It's not just Socionics though. ESFPs in Thomson's book are impact oriented too. I think it just comes naturally from an external focus. She even comments on subtle things, like how they might assess style, from an external P.O.V. That ESPs are good at knowing what impacts others, even passively. You can't really be all that chill and be that at the same time imo. I'm sure some will disagree though.

I'll let Thomson speak:

"You can always tell from the ESPs in the crowd exactly what society currently regards as admirable, stylish, fascinating, outrageous, or exciting. These types will have so adapted themselves to generalized assumptions that they physically embody them.

Many ESPs seem to be striving for this -- for the highest pitch of concrete actualization. They become the experiential standard by which others' image and attitude are measured.

[..]Some ESPs have a movie star quality - a self-assurance, a charisma, an appetite for life - that others enjoy and find infectious. Magnetic, clever, full of energy and enthusiasm, they make a room come alive, thrive on attention, and are attentive in return.[..]

If they aren't getting enough feedback, they'll push for it, teasing people or goading them into some form of physical display - if only a disconcerted laugh. Unless they see a raised eyebrow, hear the quick intake of breath, or feel the touch of someone's hand on their arm, they lose touch with the situation and don't know how to proceed...
    I can only give some personal anecdotes of people like this. Some are picture perfect. They aren't just merely "people oriented" and having fun. One of my friends dresses like she came from a Milan fashion show, even at casual parties. She's begging for comments, even without saying anything. Although she does say much too. She's impactful even in how she conversates. She's loud, flirty, breaks into conversations often, will even cut you off to get her opinion in... and the literal decibel levels are noticably louder than others, and I'm sure she doesn't even try. It's just part of her entire personality to be that "out there". Me, I don't come into room with a mind for impact myself. I don't volunteer much and at most, look for the nearest couch. Then wait for something interesting.

If you identify more with the hedonistic thing, or just a chilled type 9, I would say ISFP.. just for the fact that it's much more personal and doesn't need that influence. They think more on what impacts themselves. And they're not ones with a mind to increase.. their social "currency" or whatnot. Not directly or purposely at least. Some lay back to the point of not wanting to impact very much at all. 9s tend to be more agreeable or withdrawing and do their own thing. On the flipside, most ESPs would go nuts if forced in that position.

I know there's always a unique case, or like I said, people grow into more balance.. but there are differences. Just because they are SFP doesn't mean they are that similar.

I can only give some personal anecdotes of people like this. Some are picture perfect. They aren't just merely "people oriented" and having fun. One of my friends dresses like she came from a Milan fashion show, even at casual parties. She's begging for comments, even without saying anything.
    If she's the one who is so into fashion, how is it that you know about Milan fashion shows?