User Tag List

First 15232425262735 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    But where does it say that the typing was based solely on that quote?
    It doesn't. He just puts various quotes under their photos, as a way to signify their typing.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    If there are people typing off of single quotes, that's ridiculous.
    Agreed, but that's not what they're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Five people, all different types, could say the same thing but for completely different reasons.
    I completely agree.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

This is the most random thread I have ever seen.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Frankly, his opinion on the matter holds more weight than yours, imo.
    I never asked for my opinion to hold weight. I simply find it a ridiculous idea to associate types with pd's unless someone has done the real work at hand which is proving it, and I don't see that. So why do you believe him?

"Somewhat associated with <insert disorder>" is meaningless to me. WTF does that mean? He can write anything he wants on his own website, and fools can go read it and believe it. He must be a God.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    I never asked for my opinion to hold weight. I simply find it a ridiculous idea to associate types with pd's unless someone has done the real work at hand which is proving it, and I don't see that. So why do you believe him?
    Because I disagree with you about the above, I think he's an intelligent person, other people who I also deem intelligent agree with him on this matter, and I think he's more knowledgable about the subject matter than you are.

"Somewhat associated with <insert disorder>" is meaningless to me. WTF does that mean?
    I believe it means that that type has a higher-than-normal tendency to suffer from that disorder, but that the rate at which they tend to be suffer from it is lower than the rate of those disorders that they deem that type to be "strongly associated with".

He can write anything he wants on his own website, and fools can go read it and believe it.
    Yes, it's this thing called the internet.

There are true things on it though, too.

He must be a God.
    So then you having an opinion that disagrees with him makes you a God?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Because I disagree with you about the above, I think he's an intelligent person, other people who I also deem intelligent agree with him on this matter, and I think he's more knowledgable about the subject matter than you are.
    That's not the point. The point here is the fact that you believe his word with no data backup as if he is a god. Hero worship. I don't expect anyone to believe one person above all other. (According to what you are telling me - IDK who owns celebritytypes.com, and don't care to use the source at all.)

I believe it means that that type has a higher-than-normal tendency to suffer from that disorder, but that the rate at which they tend to be suffer from it is lower than the rate of those disorders that they deem that type to be "strongly associated with".
    You have no experiences with bpd or suffering from it, do you? Nor do you have experiences with meeting a lot of others who have it.....Nor have you read much more about it..... so therefore, you're taking your beliefs on one guy's word, who has no data to back it up. Get more sources.

I need data from a professional. If someone wants to share their stories, which I have heard many of, I'm up for it. But I'm not going to just deem someone "intelligent" and then believe everything they say. I gather information from many sources.

And trust me, the psychology, therapy, and psychiatry fields are loaded with incapable people who are loading up patients with incorrect information, and actually being useless in the grand scheme of things. Therapists, for example, many times are strategically hooking patients so they can rely on that $100 a week they are getting.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

That's not the point. The point here is the fact that you believe his word with no data backup as if he is a god. Hero worship.
    No, now you've gone full circle, though, and started making bullshit claims yourself.

You have no experiences with bpd or suffering from it, do you?
    You don't know what you're talking about here, so I recommend you keep your ignorant opinions to yourself.

I need data from a professional.
    I believe he is, technically, a professional.

But I'm not going to just deem someone "intelligent" and then believe everything they say.
    Believe it or not, I don't do this either.

I gather information from many sources.
    Same here.

I've seen numerous other sources over the years about links between personality disorders and personality (and types).

Pretty much every one of my doctor friends says that they are taught something along those lines in medical school.

The explanations I have heard make a lot of intuitive sense, in my opinion: personality traits as lower levels of personality disorders.

Or, conversely, to take the pathologizing element out of it: personality disorders as excessive degrees of certain personality traits.

I know which disorders for which I fall higher on the spectrum than others, and they are the ones linked on that site with INTJs.

To a lesser extent, I also fall higher on some of them linked with ITJs, and the NTs in general.

And I think, at least for some of them, there are decent function-related explanations.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Every source I've read says something different. So until then, I will consider it a matter of opinion, and from what I have seen, that's what it is. I've never seen any real data concerning it. I don't think there is any. I've never run across any anywhere.

Your friend does not list my type as being "somewhat linked", so I'll consider it a load of crap, since I am istp, and obviously I'm linked to bpd.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Your friend does not list my type as being "somewhat linked", so I'll consider it a load of crap, since I am istp, and obviously I'm linked to bpd.
    Once again, you fail to understand that overrepresentation and non-overrepresentation do not mean "every individual of this type has" and "no individual of this type has".

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Once again, you fail to understand that overrepresentation and non-overrepresentation do not mean "every individual og this type has" and "no individual of this type has".
    You seem to be assuming that his statements mean something he has never explained they mean.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype