User Tag List

First 14222324252634 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I'm sorry that you're incapable of distinguishing banal stereotyping from legitimate claims about higher rates of a disorder in particular parts of the population.
    "Somewhat linked to the Narcissistic, Hypomaniac and Borderline personalities" , for instance, from celebritytypes.com does not mean there is a legitimate claim of higher rate of disorder within that type. I thought you were going to release the data.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    "Somewhat linked to the Narcissistic, Hypomaniac and Borderline personalities" , for instance, does not mean there is a legitimate claim of higher rate of disorder within that type. I thought you were going to release the data.
    Well, you can question the legitimacy, but that is what it is claiming.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Well, you can question the legitimacy, but that is what it is claiming.
    Sounds like a crock to me. So..... from what I have viewed and know to be, those statements from celebritytypes.com are meaningless. If I can get my hands on some real data, that's one thing, but I've never read anything else telling me such, nor have I seen anything that would make me believe so. It seems to be a case of extreme stereotyping.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Sounds like a crock to me. So..... from what I have viewed and know to be, those statements from celebritytypes.com are meaningless. If I can get my hands on some real data, that's one thing, but I've never read anything else telling me such, nor have I seen anything that would make me believe so. It seems to be a case of extreme stereotyping.
    The person who runs that site is a member here, and I believe does some sort of clinical psychology work.

I asked him if he had data to back it up, and he said only that he has borderline patients, and that EFPs seem to be overrepresented.

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Just tell me you guys are at least copying and pasting that? It'd be sad if you were typing it out each time.
    Of course it's all C+P.

I want to address the actual issue. It doesn't make much sense to complain about Keirsey's stereotyping if one willfully posts stereotypical comments on a frequent basis. It's that simple.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

The person who runs that site is a member here, and I believe does some sort of clinical psychology work.

I asked him if he had data to back it up, and he said only that he has borderline patients, and that EFPs seem to be overrepresented.
    Ok, so it's one clinical psychologist's ideas...... and he has no data. Great.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

Whoever he is, he typed Monica Bellucci wrong (ESFJ). Just because of this quote?

"When I eat with my friends, it is a moment of real pleasure, when I really enjoy my life."

.. Umm, first off, she's Italian.

Also, she's speaking more passively, taking in those kind of experiences, rather than creating it. She's also more on the introverted side. Whether interviews or acting.

Why does it matter? It doesn't.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Of course it's all C+P.
    Really? I was typing it out each time...

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    I want to address the actual issue. It doesn't make much sense to complain about Keirsey's stereotyping if one willfully posts stereotypical comments on a frequent basis. It's that simple.
    I agree.

The part that's not simple is claiming that what I do here is well-characterized as "willfully post[ing] stereotypical comments on a frequent basis".

I don't think that's a fair characterization of what I do here.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Ok, so it's one clinical psychologist's ideas...... and he has no data. Great.
    Frankly, his opinion on the matter holds more weight than yours, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Whoever he is, he typed Monica Bellucci wrong (ESFJ). Just because of this quote?
    I'm not agreeing or disagreeing on that typing: frankly, I never look at their celebrity ones.

But where does it say that the typing was based solely on that quote?

If there are people typing off of single quotes, that's ridiculous.
    Five people, all different types, could say the same thing but for completely different reasons.