User Tag List

First 12202122232432 Last

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    What's wrong with being cute?! I call entj's cute all the time. Boy, your Fi is off-the-hook, dood.
    I have no idea what that has to do with Fi. Can you explain? Afaik, Fi weighs it's own brand of right and wrongness, trues and falses measured according to an inner ideal. It's irrelevant to what I'm saying. If you're so sure about this, then what is the whole centerpiece that sort of "seals the deal" and clicks with you that this ultimately means Fi cognition? Help me understand with your Ti. Don't just give me some observation. I don't care for what your inner eye sees.

All I'm doing is cutting off the Fe. That does not mean Fi. I see a cost/benefit issue here. Or rather, lack of benefit. You want to establish camaderie on the perception of my "cuteness". I'm simply waving that off. I don't care about compliments, if they're not based on some truth. Values have nothing to do with it. If I accept the basis for your friendship, then I'm acknowledging something incorrect. And something I could only sustain for you by playing a part. Sooner or later, that would break down anyways.

That said, this doesn't mean I don't want to be friendly. It just means that I'd rather see eye to eye, and get back to reality.

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    On that note, it's funny that Quinlan went in the Pi direction too, as his first choice. He came in and relied not exactly on judgement, but on his nuanced observations and "meanings" of a situation. How this is all about my "romanticized" notions of MBTI types and how I'm ultimately cowering about something. On top of this, he's good at stating it in entertaining ways to get people to laugh and on board - and believe easily in this perception. Certain types of people can make anything sound appealing. He's got a gift. I think he's an introvert, but it's almost like ENFJ-lite or something. ENFJs, for example, can do this all of the time, and sway roomfuls of people on their subtle meanings and perceptions of someone or some objective. And given your statement about assumption, what's strange is that you haven't challenged these two at all (Q and Z).
    It's funny because Quin thought he was infj at first. It has always interested me how some isfp seem infj. People often say Dylan is infj also. I'm not saying he isn't or is, just saying the parallel is interesting.

I wonder why isfp have such a nice image. Where did that start? I realise I am a sweet guy but I like to feel I have some choice in the matter...

I remember Quinlan's thread on isfp bad guys that had no bad guys.

It's interesting how type doesn't allow for strength of preference. I can understand how preference would lead to outlooks and behaviour over time. But the strength of preference would make a huge difference.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    It's funny because Quin thought he was infj at first. It has always interested me how some isfp seem infj. People often say Dylan is infj also. I'm not saying he isn't or is, just saying the parallel is interesting.

I wonder why isfp have such a nice image. Where did that start? I realise I am a sweet guy but I like to feel I have some choice in the matter...

I remember Quinlan's thread on isfp bad guys that had no bad guys.

It's interesting how type doesn't allow for strength of preference. I can understand how preference would lead to outlooks and behaviour over time. But the strength of preference would make a huge difference.
    I don't necessarily think he's INFJ either. Only that it seemed like I was faced to deal with what I think is introverted perception.

The ISFP (or Fi) "nice" part comes from MBTI, I think (and I understand it might be incorrect, I guess. Myers was an INFP, who seemed fairly benevolent about everyone tapping into their "gifts". Maybe she wanted to paint Fi in that light). There are some things to be said though about a primary ego orientation towards values that would lend to these people being "rich" about it, and very commited to living up to them. And by rich, I mean, think of any other skill that would you would practice for years on end, day after day - it would be based off something far more thought through than mere whims and random emotions (as some people would think Fi is). In fact, it'd be pathetic if whims were someone's primary orientation... after all that experience, that's all they'd amount to?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I have no idea what that has to do with Fi. Can you explain? Afaik, Fi weighs it's own brand of right and wrongness, trues and falses measured according to an inner ideal. It's irrelevant to what I'm saying. If you're so sure about this, then what is the whole centerpiece that sort of "seals the deal" and clicks with you that this ultimately means Fi cognition? Help me understand with your Ti. Don't just give me some observation. I don't care for what your inner eye sees.

All I'm doing is cutting off the Fe. That does not mean Fi. I see a cost/benefit issue here. Or rather, lack of benefit. You want to establish camaderie on the perception of my "cuteness". I'm simply waving that off. I don't care about compliments, if they're not based on some truth. Values have nothing to do with it. If I accept the basis for your friendship, then I'm acknowledging something incorrect. And something I could only sustain for you by playing a part. Sooner or later, that would break down anyways.

That said, this doesn't mean I don't want to be friendly. It just means that I'd rather see eye to eye, and get back to reality.
    Dream on. You are not a good actor. Don't quit your day job.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I wonder why isfp have such a nice image.
    I thought he was awfully nice for an istp. Truly did.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    Dream on. You are not a good actor. Don't quit your day job.
    See, I asked you for Ti.. and.. I'm getting this? We need something more to base this conversation and my typing on than your humor or the way you see things. However much you see your perceptions as true, they're not getting anywhere.. yet. Since we're discussing MBTI, we can begin by citing sources, agreeing on general principals, and finding definitions that we can both agree upon - and then we'll both address Fi on mutually understood terms. As it is, you're basically being the Mad Hatter from my standpoint. Apparently anything goes. 2+2 be could 5. Fi is whatever you think it is. Classy.

You're right about acting though, I'm not a good one. Kind of my point about the Fe thing.

I thought he was awfully nice for an istp. Truly did.
    All isfp are nice, it's a fact. That is one reason I have heard a lot for me being isfp. My sweet nature.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Kdude, I have no idea what your type is and it's really not important to me, I just don't think you're going to find your type by disparaging Ts and rolling out emo stereotypes for Fs.

ENFJ-lite haha if only I had such persuasion in real life.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

The stupidest thing said in this thread is that David Keirsey is a moron. Keirsey is definitely not a moron, whether you like his writings or not.

It might help if people didn't misquote him all the time though. You find me where he ever said ISFPs were the "nicest" type. He did, however, say that ISFPs were the kindest. Kind and nice aren't the same thing. You can simultaneously be kind and a huge jerk.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Every time I open 'Please Understand Me II', I'm blown away by how many stupid things are said.

And whether it's kind or nice, the biggest cunt I know is an ISFP.

I don't think total cunts qualify as kind or nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    The stupidest thing said in this thread is that David Keirsey is a moron. Keirsey is definitely not a moron, whether you like his writings or not.

It might help if people didn't misquote him all the time though. You find me where he ever said ISFPs were the "nicest" type. He did, however, say that ISFPs were the kindest. Kind and nice aren't the same thing. You can simultaneously be kind and a huge jerk.
    He doesn't actually say they are nice, you're right. esfp sound nicer in his book actually, isfp sound a little aloof. Reading through I think he uses too many examples that have become stereotypes, whether he intended them to or not. I think I prefer esfp in his book over the other three sp.

This is interesting but seems too much of a catch all to me.