First 3111213141523 Last

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    I guess I better tell my housing commissioner INFP buddy he's "really" ISTP.
    What wolfy posted is nothing different than what the INFP has said.
    The tendency not to judge others negatively unless absolutely called for reveals an inferior Fe function. To "go head on and sort it out straight away," seeking closure regarding personal social problems, is an Fe harmonizing behavior. And it doesn't sound like ISFP at all. I don't think a socially passive INFP would do that either.

Ti with inferior Fe generally lacks social judgment, but it does not lack in social graces.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    The tendency not to judge others negatively unless absolutely called for reveals an inferior Fe function. To "go head on and sort it out straight away," seeking closure regarding personal social problems, is an Fe harmonizing behavior. And it doesn't sound like ISFP at all. I don't think a socially passive INFP would do that either.

Ti with inferior Fe generally lacks social judgment, but it does not lack in social graces.
    You've gone the "Sensors don't like Sci-Fi movie" route, the "SJ's are religious" route, and the "You remind me of my ISFP wife" route. Now you want to claim that inferior Fe doesn't judge people negatively unless absolutely called for? When it comes to Ti-Doms, "absolutely called for" judgments, and insults, happen on a daily basis. Online forums, including this one, are filled with them. They have no problem calling people: retards, morons, idiots, losers, and a slew of other "non-judgmental" words.

The INFP friend of mine comes across as an STJ when he's working. An article was written about him in the newspaper for being a hard-ass. He's a city housing commissioner, not exactly a job for wimps. How people are at work and in their personal life can be very different. The INFP took the actual MBTI years ago and verified the results. He is, indeed, INFP. I know him on the inside. I think you've been reading too many profiles, which frequently read like caricatures.

It's ridiculous to seriously tell someone what functions they're using, or not using, when there is no way of actually knowing. If you don't want to learn the type models, you can always continue using your crystal ball and pass your personal opinion off as fact.

They have no problem calling people: retards, morons, idiots, losers, and a slew of other "non-judgmental" words.
    I love you, man. You really understand me.. and stuff. I'm about to choke up.

The INFP friend of mine comes across as an STJ when he's working. An article was written about him in the newspaper for being a hard-ass. He's a city housing commissioner, not exactly a job for wimps. How people are at work and in their personal life can be very different. The INFP took the actual MBTI years ago and verified the results. He is, indeed, INFP. I know him on the inside. I think you've been reading too many profiles, which frequently read like caricatures..
    That's interesting. There's an example of an INFP in Quenk's book like that.. I think he was a professor? But the type that caused dread wherever he went. The whole book is about shadows, as you know, so it went into how he'd grown that way because of that particular environment and job.

You haven't change to istp yet, your type is still kiwi.

I think he should watch the Big Lebowski. Since he's settled on 9, he can either be the Dude (ISFP 9) or the Cowboy (ISTP 9).

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I think he should watch the Big Lebowski. Since he's settled on 9, he can either be the Dude (ISFP 9) or the Cowboy (ISTP 9).
    Sounds like a plan.

I love you, man. You really understand me.. and stuff. I'm about to choke up.
    My post had nothing to do with you. Ever since you've been here, you've been an Fi guy. Ti is not defined as feeling driven by convictions:

i feel a lot within myself, and feel driven by convictions often.
    Maybe you should go back and read your own type thread:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...06-try-me.html

That's interesting. There's an example of an INFP in Quenk's book like that.. I think he was a professor? But the type that caused dread wherever he went. The whole book is about shadows, as you know, so it went into how he'd grown that way because of that particular environment and job.
    The INFP I was talking about had no mercy for those who took advantage of the poor. If the building owners did nothing to keep up a standard of living, leaving the tenants to live in squalor, he came down hard. Good for him. It's called using other functions in the service of his dominant. In his case, he used Te and Si in service of Fi and Ne. The newspaper article praised his efforts for taking on the owners of the buildings. The only "dread" he caused was toward corrupt individuals. I don't have a problem with people taking action on behalf of the poor. Someone has to do it, and it may as well be him. What do you think adult INFPs are in the real world, lame assholes without conviction? I think not.

Quenk wrote that book to illustrate healthy, adaptive, use of the inferior. (She is an INFP herself.) She was tired of people painting the inferior as the "bad guy" when in fact it can be used without a problem. She wanted people to look at it from another angle, which is fine by me. For anyone to think using their other functions are automatically negative, would be to miss the point of why Quenk wrote the book. She discusses her reasons for writing the book, at the beginning.

I don't buy into the negative "shadow" BS, and I never did. But then it's not in my nature to enagage in catastrophic thinking, to begin with.

Cheers.

My post had nothing to do with you. Ever since you've been here, you've been an Fi guy. Ti is not defined as feeling driven by convictions:/
    This is called a mistake. Probably.

Objectively speaking, my convictions have none of the..umm... "richness" (for lack of a better word?) than other Fi doms. Don't make me live up to it. I'm tired of even trying. The whole Fi dom schtick is tiring (for me.. that is. Not to say I have anything against it).

Secondly, most of you Te and Ti doms around here are kind of..sorry to say.. bigger pussies than I could ever be. I don't want to type Fi and then have to deal with the belittling emotional baggage associated with it.

This is called a mistake.

Yours.

Ti is not defined as feeling driven by conviction.
    You descibed yourself as a "bully" in your type thread.
    That's not a definition of Ti, either.

I don't want to type Fi and then have to deal with the belittling emotional baggage associated with it.
    What the heck does that mean?

What the heck does that mean?
    Come on, don't play dumb. You've been here longer than I have.

In short, I'm not going to willingly tag myself into the "emo" category. Nor am I some fragile waif of a girlfriend. Nor am I even the haughty "artiste" swimming in a tub of roses. Or whatever _insert here_ faggy emotional image someone wants to conjure up next and project on to the site's Fi types. I have no time for this silliness. It doesn't help me get to the bottom of anything at least, as far as my own self-understanding goes.

We can call this a fault of the site and of laymen, but I beg to differ. Even typical Fi dom descriptions project these benign images about them, that I can't live up to. Keirsey, for example, calls ISFP the "nicest" type. Life would have turned out differently if that was true.

Actually, that wasn't in "short", was it? You get the point though, I hope.