User Tag List

First 2101112131422 Last

Results 111 to 120 of 427

  1. #111
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    You once said I might be isfj, so you must see Fe in me. You never know...
    Did I?

    This isn't exactly related, but I have my own spanners to toss around. I think the system is kind of botched to begin with, especially when it comes to IPs and IJs. If you read Myers' book, she explicitly redefined what Fi and Ti dominants even are (relative to Jung). People criticize Socionics as having strange function definitions, but it's actually closer to Jung than MBTI.

    It might be easier to deduce that you're an ISFp there (whether that's ISFP or ISFJ here is something that's been confusing me..).

    But at the end of the day, it doesn't matter either. Don't think about it too much.

  2. #112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Did I?

    This isn't exactly related, but I have my own spanners to toss around. I think the system is kind of botched to begin with, especially when it comes to IPs and IJs. If you read Myers' book, she explicitly redefined what Fi and Ti dominants even are (relative to Jung). People criticize Socionics as having strange function definitions, but it's actually closer to Jung than MBTI.

    It might be easier to deduce that you're an ISFp there (whether that's ISFP or ISFJ here is something that's been confusing me..).

    But at the end of the day, it doesn't matter either. Don't think about it too much.
    Last time I looked I related best to isfp. I've thought istp in socionics too. I'll look into it.

    I'm not really thinking about it as much as having a conversation about it. Interests me...

  3. #113
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I'm not really thinking about it as much as having a conversation about it. Interests me...
    Oh it's cool. That comment was mostly for my own sake, not yours.

    Just to clarify, the main thing Myers changed is that she thought the dominant function operated in a kind of cloistered fashion. When it came to Introverted Judging, it wasn't noticable or acting out in the forefront. That what you'd see from them was their first extroverted function (Se or Ne) and that they would be associated with Perceiving oriented types.

    Jung OTOH described dominant functions as being very much noticable. He almost sounds unsettled by Fi doms. lol. They appear to have a kind of moral strictness about them, while Ti came off overtly systematic. It was his Si and Ni dominants who held all of the qualities of an "IP"/introverted perceiver types.

    I've sort of come to the conclusion that if you ignore Function talk when it comes to MBTI (and just try to follow holistic descriptions), they're both talking about the same types... but once you start mixing Functions and MBTI together, it's a mess. Because Myers herself redefined what they even meant.

  4. #114

    Default

    Interesting, you know... I can see values in Quinlan's posts but I don't see it in myself. I can't relate to the moral stances in Thompson's description of isfp/infp either. I just don't see that in me so much. I didn't relate well to Jung's description of introverted feeling or introverted feeling for that matter. Okay, let's just say I didn't see myself anywhere.

    About interaction styles... on this site

    This is esfp...

    Communication: Inclusive
    Pursuit: Collaboration
    Role: Influencer
    Energy: Demonstrative

    This is isfp...

    Communication: Inquiry
    Pursuit: Concordance
    Role: Conciliator
    Energy: Affable

    This is istp...

    Communication: Systematic
    Pursuit: Diagnosis
    Role: Investigator
    Energy: Reserved

    I don't know... now I am leaning laid back esfp 9w8 again. Can a mod change this to Wolfy's Wild-Assed Type Adventure, please.

    I think I'll add some stuff when that book gets here...

  5. #115
    Intriguing.... Quinlan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo
    Posts
    3,005

    Default

    Do you relate to Jung's extraverted sensation type?

    I really relate to Jung's introverted feeling type, much more than ISFP, Artisan, E9 etc.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

    Quinlan's Creations

  6. #116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    Do you relate to Jung's extraverted sensation type?

    I really relate to Jung's introverted feeling type, much more than ISFP, Artisan, E9 etc.
    Psych Types. Much more than introverted feeling... yeah. I am an altruistic hedonist after all...

  7. #117
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,998

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I am changing to istp for the reasons listed below...

    I relate to istp.
    I want to see who will say no way.
    I want to throw a spanner in your typology interpretation works.
    Sounds like a good move to me. I haven't read any other posts. Did people have their hearts set on you being an ISFP forever? I think ISTP fits you better.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  8. #118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Sounds like a good move to me. I haven't read any other posts. Did people have their hearts set on you being an ISFP forever? I think ISTP fits you better.
    Maybe they did. I feel like I have a responsibility to walk in a stylish manner while waving the isfp flag high. I could be istp over esfp, I've been reading again...

    Here are some points that might be of use for defining my type and rekindling the thread...

    I was thinking about conflicts in general. There are a few conflicts at my work now and again. I was thinking about styles too. I noticed how some people have no problem judging others negatively. I don't do that, at least it doesn't occur to me to do that. Unless they annoy me directly in some way. In situations where there is a direct conflict with me I like to go head on and sort it out straight away. It isn't that I dislike conflicts as much as I dislike loose ends.

    For now SP fits just right.

  9. #119
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,998

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Maybe they did. I feel like I have a responsibility to walk in a stylish manner while waving the isfp flag high. I could be istp over esfp, I've been reading again...

    Here are some points that might be of use for defining my type and rekindling the thread...

    I was thinking about conflicts in general. There are a few conflicts at my work now and again. I was thinking about styles too. I noticed how some people have no problem judging others negatively. I don't do that, at least it doesn't occur to me to do that. Unless they annoy me directly in some way. In situations where there is a direct conflict with me I like to go head on and sort it out straight away. It isn't that I dislike conflicts as much as I dislike loose ends.

    For now SP fits just right.
    That tells me right there that Fe is your inferior function.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  10. #120
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    That tells me right there that Fe is your inferior function.
    I guess I better tell my housing commissioner INFP buddy he's "really" ISTP.
    What wolfy posted is nothing different than what the INFP has said.
    The future is for the unafraid.

Similar Threads

  1. How to be sure if i am ISTP? Test me and explain me.
    By Slavius15 in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-26-2015, 09:44 PM
  2. someone to type and fix relations with
    By UnitOfPopulation in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-15-2009, 02:55 PM
  3. [MBTItm] When it comes to Love and Dating -- how do you roll?
    By CzeCze in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-27-2007, 04:56 PM
  4. Simple ways to joy and happiness
    By Maverick in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 07-11-2007, 09:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO