User Tag List

First 123 Last

Thread: ignored

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    So you weren't being ignored, then. Ask for help next time. That's their job.
    yes I was. forget it. ever been to david's bridal?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    why you ask?
    probably because they're more likely to help people who look rich and like they're going to spend money there. haven't you seen pretty woman?

why you ask?
    Because on photos you tend to look, say, unkempt. In a shop you may thus appear like someone who is not going to be a very big spender.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

It has happened to me. I've also seen surprise flash over a saleslady's face when I dug in my jeans pocket and brought out a wad of cash and paid for something nice. It does help some to dress up, but something about dressing up so the sales people will think I'm worth their help seems wrong to me, so if I am ignored, I just go up to them and say Excuse me, would you please do whatever.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Eckhart View Post
    I usually wish they would ignore me so I could just look around in peace, but not going to happen.
    Yep, when you are just browsing everyone is asking you if you need any help or what you are looking for, and when you actually do need help everyone is busy doing something or talking with other employees.

yes I was. forget it. ever been to david's bridal?
    I understand ya... it's probably one of the higher end sort of stores that is very kissy-helpful with people who look like they have money, and ignore those who look more like they just happen to be there by being related to someone who can actually buy something. I don't put much effort into my look and look about 17 so I wouldn't be surprised if I have to pretty much yell "excuse me" and wave my hand in their face to get help in a bridal shop. But if I went into your average mall clothing store I'll have everyone trying to help me why? Because I look like a naive 17-year-old girl with candy-shop-kid wonder

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

ever been to a store and been completely ignored? how did that feel? what did you do?
    I usually don't care that I'm ignored unless I truly need assistance with something. I like to do my shopping in peace and quiet without people looking over my shoulder and intruding on my space. I get annoyed by the store employees who constantly ask "Can I help you?" I know they are probably required to say that for the job so I do cut them some slack.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Yes, they were ignoring you and being terribly rude. You should have either been rude back or left without buying anything.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Yeah, I stand around for a while, feeling sorry for myself and getting increasingly more paranoid, then try to flag someone down. If they're helpful, yay, if not, I just feel sorry for myself some more and leave.

So I'm probably not the best person to ask for advice?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Can't say it's ever happened to me, but it's one of my many dreams.

Speaking of which, can I get kicked out of the store for saying "Go fuck yourself, you cunt!" after the salesgirl asks "Can I help you?"

And if so, can I then sue them?

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

remember, your the consumer. you can treat them like shit and it will be okay! "the consumer is always right"
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee