First 1234 Last

Thread: Honest Question

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

I don't think you are creepy. It is perfectly natural to ask questions about cannibalism and incontinence.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I remember seeing you post occasionally and I think it's usually been interesting. Not creepy.

I certainly agree that to get "known" and to have more people responding it helps if you leave rep comments and reach out to people a bit. I've been on the forum for 2 and a half years, but much more so in the last year and a bit. I honestly didn't feel like I was much "known" or noticed until about a year ago. Not that it felt like a big deal, but it can take time. And it was definitely around then that I started leaving more reps, friending more people, and maybe just letting a bit more of my personality show. Of course, I now sometimes think I'm too involved, so...
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    yupp

here's how I know you're not creepy. you asked all the creepy people haven't asked.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    I don't see the creepy part at all. As for being noticed/recognized, I found that you have to actively pursue getting to know people through rep comments, visitor messages and PMs. When you are warm, usually other people who may be unsure or hesitant respond. I joined this site soon after breaking up with a very extroverted boyfriend. We lived in a isolated community with a social circle that also were the people I worked with. There weren't really other friend options. I found that when we broke up, most people "chose" him, even though in many ways I was a more loyal friend. After analyzing why this was, as well as why he was the one who usually got the invitations to parties etc and was told to pass them along to me, I realized that he approached people as if they were already friends and just acted like he assumed they'd like him. He wasn't afraid to impose himself on them in a pleasant sort of way, and they responded warmly as a result. I decided to do my own version of that on here as a social experiment and was shocked at how much difference it did make. I don't think making interesting posts alone is enough to feel a sense of community here. You have to get to know individuals and then they are more likely to notice what you write or respond to it in some way.

Having said all that, I do remember your posts back awhile ago and I have a positive impression of them, although I couldn't comment very specifically. You will find that a lot of people on here are pretty obsessive posters (when they're here, they're HERE!) and that may also account for some of the feelings you are experiencing right now. They just are so omnipresent that people have to get to know them!
    Heh, that's the thing about being happy or sad, positive or negative. If someone is happy and positive it wears on other people like a mixture of two fluids, but if someone is the opposite than that wears on them. Positive extroverts kind of have the advantage over positive introverts in the social sphere...but then negative introverts probably have the advantage over negative extroverts. That's kind of funny actually.

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    Yeah I actually had one person repeatly tell me that I'm a loser and my posts are worthless in rep that sucked saying i wasn't funny that my posts were stupid.that my threads were worthless. next time he does that I'm reporting his ass.
    Yeah, some people don't seem to mind riling other people up. I don't know why, it never made any sense to me. Then it just makes you mad and you rile other people up, except for you, you probably don't enjoy doing that. Some people really don't care at all about other people, it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    I wondered how serious you were when you were asking about what brains taste like. That's all I can say about even vaguely creepy, so, no, I don't think you're creepy.
    Lol. Some people eat animal brains in other countries. I was a little intellectually serious, yes, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I instantly had a Goddamned prescence, people rep, quote, mention and remark my posts all the time, usually they're first private thought is "Goddamn" and women go all a quiver. It is interesting to see how my experience contrasts with lesser mortals.
    Well, you're kind of blunt with your thoughts and sometimes put more concern on asserting the pertinence of your values over other people's values. It's kind of the equivalent of agreeing to disagree. I imagine your presence follows a lot from that.

Out of curiosity, do you think this is an accurate representation?

Quote Originally Posted by Lark
    I dont know what the OP is about.
    Heh, see what I mean. I know you don't mean that negatively, but to some people it's like you are implying that what they had in mind was unintelligible, which is insulting, rather than assuming they have something in mind, but just didn't explain it well.

You know, because you didn't ask how to clarify anything or explain how, so it's like you aren't even trying.

BAH, see that makes it insulting to me. whatever...cause you can always claim projection either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    I feel that primarily I write for myself. If I tried to write for you, I would be lame.
    But it makes me feel speshhal.
    Write me a poem, please.

And in writing for myself, I find I grow and develop.

At first I worried about the lack of response, and tried to organise an active listening group here on Central, but to my surprise everyone found this to be a foreign concept.

So actively listening to others is not something we practise here.

So it seems to me that the main reason most of us come here is to belong, we want to see we are the same as others, different of course, but the same. In other words, we want to conform.

We don't want to grow as individuals, we want to be normal and belong to a normal group.

In other words, if we wish to individuate, we need to swim against the current on Central. And providing we don't drown, we become stronger.
    yeah, I suppose. I tend think it always comes down to people looking for happiness or trying to fight off unhappiness. What you see as a process of growing is going to be unintelligible to anyone that hasn't experienced it. It's like you're a sign, making a suggestion, that they can follow for one reason or another, but no one really knows what the sign will really lead to for them, not even you. Maybe trying to explain that process leads people in the wrong direction and to a process that's completely different. So they assert or go after what they think will make them happy as a guiding priority, no matter how counter-productive or counter-intuitive it might be in attaining helpful growth into reaching that happiness.

We have to go for what we believe will bring us happiness, or what's the point in having free will, right? Individuation may not be needed for that. But for some people, searching for happiness will lead them down a harder path and individuation would be the prize toward another kind of happiness.

I mean, if you think about it, having our beliefs put into doubt creates internal chaos because there is no logical order to how we should understand or interpret something, but other people will try to get us to follow their beliefs, for its own sake. What happens then? If we lose peace of mind, we lose happiness. It's often said that what we don't understand, we are afraid of. Then when we lose our beliefs, do we become afraid? The more this happens, the more someone has to wrestle with all the parts of their being. Individuation to me seems to really be about forming realistic beliefs about ourselves and the world. Then the fear goes away and we are much easier able to attain happiness.

To me, I suppose I equate individuation a lot with stoicism. Don't worry about or hate things that are not in your control. Don't let thoughts and emotions that are in your control, reduce how to better yourself, other people, or a situation. Understand and accept the world as it is. This seems to be a firm structure of forming beliefs. One kind of individuation. But not everyone will need to get to this kind of point, will they?

Quote Originally Posted by 21% View Post
    What I'm trying to say is that I understand your need to feel recognized and it can be disheartening if you make fifty posts and never get any feedback. I'm sure people aren't ignoring you on purpose. Sometimes it's just hard to distinguish posts by different users if they don't have a distinctive tone (especially if they are not particularly annoying or offensive ).
    You know, as much as I would like to say I don't care if I feel recognized, this thread proves I would be lying, wouldn't it? Yeah, I guess that is it, if I'm not recognized at all, it's completely pointless for me to post. I feel kind of awkward for making this thread now, since I kind of expected no one to reply.

Everyone should stop posting, so I don't have to feel like I'm ignoring them if I don't reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Catbert View Post
    I don't think you are creepy. It is perfectly natural to ask questions about cannibalism and incontinence.
    LOL. Sometimes my curiosity makes me weird...
    "It seemed like a good idea at the time"

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    I remember seeing you post occasionally and I think it's usually been interesting. Not creepy.

I certainly agree that to get "known" and to have more people responding it helps if you leave rep comments and reach out to people a bit. I've been on the forum for 2 and a half years, but much more so in the last year and a bit. I honestly didn't feel like I was much "known" or noticed until about a year ago. Not that it felt like a big deal, but it can take time. And it was definitely around then that I started leaving more reps, friending more people, and maybe just letting a bit more of my personality show. Of course, I now sometimes think I'm too involved, so...
    It's not really that I want to be all that known, it just sucks when you aren't sure if you're known much at all. I'm terrible at sympathy actually...although I do have empathy.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

immature from time to time, yes... creepy, no

and I have actually conversed with you in threads as opposed to ignoring you
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

figsfiggyfigs

I have no idea who you are.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    I have no idea who you are.
    Was gonna write this exact sentence.

+1

P.S. You must be creepy.

If you feel like you want more attention for your posts, just become a giant jerk. It works like a charm until you get banned. Then it works even better.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    If you feel like you want more attention for your posts, just become a giant jerk. It works like a charm until you get banned. Then it works even better.
    It's like dying. All that emotion, feedback and comments and you're not there to witness it.

To the OP, no I don't see you as creepy. I am tickled by your user name.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

You're not really interesting enough to be creepy.

I read one of your posts that sounded ever-so-slightly crazy though.

Hope that helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.