User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: Honest Question

ReflecTcelfeR

@Little_Sticks: For a while yes, but I had the mindset that I was probably entering a place where it would be necessary to wait and let everyone be acclimated to my presence. So I just stuck it out and kept posting (making sure to quote people etc.). There were times yes that I thought it would be better to just quit. I wouldn't blame you if you did quit, but I would stick it out .

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Sticks View Post

Yeah, I guess...I mean...I usually say something to people if what they say interests me in some way, even if not all the time. I get the impression that no one is really interested in the same stuff I am, which is fine. I just want to know if that's true, I think.
    Yeah I actually had one person repeatly tell me that I'm a loser and my posts are worthless in rep that sucked saying i wasn't funny that my posts were stupid.that my threads were worthless. next time he does that I'm reporting his ass.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I don't see the creepy part at all. As for being noticed/recognized, I found that you have to actively pursue getting to know people through rep comments, visitor messages and PMs. When you are warm, usually other people who may be unsure or hesitant respond. I joined this site soon after breaking up with a very extroverted boyfriend. We lived in a isolated community with a social circle that also were the people I worked with. There weren't really other friend options. I found that when we broke up, most people "chose" him, even though in many ways I was a more loyal friend. After analyzing why this was, as well as why he was the one who usually got the invitations to parties etc and was told to pass them along to me, I realized that he approached people as if they were already friends and just acted like he assumed they'd like him. He wasn't afraid to impose himself on them in a pleasant sort of way, and they responded warmly as a result. I decided to do my own version of that on here as a social experiment and was shocked at how much difference it did make. I don't think making interesting posts alone is enough to feel a sense of community here. You have to get to know individuals and then they are more likely to notice what you write or respond to it in some way.

Having said all that, I do remember your posts back awhile ago and I have a positive impression of them, although I couldn't comment very specifically. You will find that a lot of people on here are pretty obsessive posters (when they're here, they're HERE!) and that may also account for some of the feelings you are experiencing right now. They just are so omnipresent that people have to get to know them!

NPcomplete

Has anyone actually ever liked any of my posts? Do you think I'm a creepy poster? No one cares?

Please tell me so I can know if I'm just talking to myself or not. It's kind of pointless to talk to myself?

Edit: Oh, this isn't an emotional thing. I just kind of realized it's kind of sad/pointless if I'm just talking to myself, which it feels that I am.
    I can relate a bit...I had similar thoughts when I first joined. It seemed like everyone knew each other and I felt quite pointless and would post only on and off. I remember quoting someone for the first time, even sending that first PM or rep - it was terrifying. I still feel that a lot of my posts are pointless (and mangled up thoughts), but I've got to know some amazing people on here and while I do regularly think of quitting, I can't digest the thought of not communicating with them anymore.

That being said, I do remember some of your posts. Not creepy at all.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

I wondered how serious you were when you were asking about what brains taste like. That's all I can say about even vaguely creepy, so, no, I don't think you're creepy.

All Natural! All Good!

I have liked your posts. I can remember at least one thread where you were a voice of reason among the shit-slinging madness.
    Strychnine is all-natural,
    So strychnine is all good.
    It's Godly and righteous,
    So eat it, you should.
    Who are you to refuse nature's will?

Don't use the multiquote; it was planted by the devil to deceive us.

Social Role: Asscrack/Piece of Shit/Public Defecator/Spiteful Urinator

A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecTcelfeR View Post
    I remember that no one really recognized my presence until about the 1500th post… I was persistent. Every now and again I would get a nudge, but most would ignore me completely. Though I'm still not incredibly prominent here I think it does take a little time to warm up.
    I instantly had a Goddamned prescence, people rep, quote, mention and remark my posts all the time, usually they're first private thought is "Goddamn" and women go all a quiver. It is interesting to see how my experience contrasts with lesser mortals.

I dont know what the OP is about.

Individuating and Conforming

Has anyone actually ever liked any of my posts? Do you think I'm a creepy poster? No one cares?

Please tell me so I can know if I'm just talking to myself or not. It's kind of pointless to talk to myself?

Edit: Oh, this isn't an emotional thing. I just kind of realized it's kind of sad/pointless if I'm just talking to myself, which it feels that I am.
    I feel that primarily I write for myself. If I tried to write for you, I would be lame.

And in writing for myself, I find I grow and develop.

At first I worried about the lack of response, and tried to organise an active listening group here on Central, but to my surprise everyone found this to be a foreign concept.

So actively listening to others is not something we practise here.

So it seems to me that the main reason most of us come here is to belong, we want to see we are the same as others, different of course, but the same. In other words, we want to conform.

We don't want to grow as individuals, we want to be normal and belong to a normal group.

In other words, if we wish to individuate, we need to swim against the current on Central. And providing we don't drown, we become stronger.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Yeah...I recognize you. I remember your name because it makes me think of chemical dilution. I guess I don't read many of your posts though since I don't see them often. Cause we all don't read the same threads, right?...
    When I was a teen I 'public chatted' for a bit, and one time I happened to be in the 'founding moment' of a certain room, after which a lot of people became regulars. So that made me one of the original 'regs' there, and it felt nice. But at the same time the group was extremely clique-y and people were sometimes mean to 'non-regs', and I didn't like it.

I don't feel that negative energy here on Type C at all. I like how I 'sort-of know' a lot of people, but I still come and go as I wish and can disappear for months and come back. I don't mind if my posts don't get responses. I know that sometimes I quietly appreciate posts by people who have less than 10 posts who never post again. That's sort of the beauty of this place.

What I'm trying to say is that I understand your need to feel recognized and it can be disheartening if you make fifty posts and never get any feedback. I'm sure people aren't ignoring you on purpose. Sometimes it's just hard to distinguish posts by different users if they don't have a distinctive tone (especially if they are not particularly annoying or offensive ).
    4w5 sp/sx EII